Hellooo

SammyE

Silver Member
Hi all, Im Sammy. Decided to finally stop ignoring the fact that my weight is spiraling! Braved the scales today and absolutely disgusted to see that in the last 7 years (im 28 now) I have gained 6 stone! How on earth did that happen? Anyways my boyfriend of 8 years has asked me to marry him and I am not walking down the aisle like this, now Im not doing it for him, he obviously loves me how I am otherwise he wouldnt have asked me to marry him but Ive realized that my confidence has taken a knock and Im just not comftable in my own skin anymore, I dont want to feel on edge over my weight on my wedding day or honeymoon. Plus the health issues.

Ive tried weight watchers (ahhh thats not that bad for me.. lets say hmmm 2 points) needless to say, I failed! Tried the 3 day diet which worked to start with but gave me stomach problems. I know its best to lose weight slowly and retrain how you eat but that just doesnt work for me, I get fed up of not seeing results and give up so I need a diet which is really strict and tells me exactly what to eat so Ive decided to give the Tony Ferguson diet from Boots a try and join a gym.

I am getting married in August 2011 on the 27th so Ive got 472 days but I want to get to my target weight way before then and am hoping to lose 3 lbs a week, which would mean I would be at my target weight by the end of the year

Hi and welcome. I've been looking at the Tony Ferguson too. But I've done Cambridge and lost just under 5 stones. Have you considered that? Or one of the other VLCDs like LighterLife or Lipotrim.

Irene xx

I have been doing the tony ferguson diet for a week now. It is different than the cambridge diet as it is not so restrictive. a typical day is like this:
2 pieces of fruit
unlimited veg
1 serving of protein
2 tony ferguson meals (shakes, soup, bar)

you are allowed a small helping of milk. you can also have diet squash, a little oil, low fat marinades, gravy ect . .

I have found it excellent. I am doing mine soley through Boots online. You have a helpline you can ring 365 days a year and they are very helpful!
They encourage you to cook healthy an everything is low GI. I have done soooo many diets and I have found this the best. It wont be for everybody as it is very sturctured.

The only down side is the cost - £1.99 for shakes and soups £2.35 (I think from memory!) for bars.
You have to pay £9.99 start up fee - but this gives you a binder full of info and I must say it is very informative.

Hope this is helpful xx

Thanks all.

I havent started yet, but glad to hear you are finding it ok Lyndsey, I have ordered two weeks worth of stuff from boots online.

My boyfriend comes back from Afghan in 5 months and it would be amazing if I can have lost a few stone by then, rather then put on another half stone because ive been eating myself happy.

Back