helloooooooo

4busybee

Hello to all

I am starting the CS diet today. So far had banana shake for brekkie, celery and philly for a snack, hoping this is ok? lol.

I have previously tried all sorts of diets as i am sure most of you all have too. I lost a considerable amonut of weight of lighter life about 3 yrs ago, but since have gained most of it all back bar about 2 stone. I have tried unsuccessfully to get back on a SS diet with Cambridge and have only managed about 5 days at he most. I have tried half heartedly if i am honest to do slimming world and weight watchers recently and healthy eating which was a disaster lol. I hate the way i look now and want to get back to what i think is the REAL me lol. This diet seems to be better because at least i can have some REAL food as well as the shakes. I bought the starter pack and went to the chemist this morning to get some bars so i could have half for a snack in the evening but they are SO EXPENSIVE i was shocked lol. I have read some of the posts on here and am i right in thinking that its ok to have the Atkins bars or similar low carb bars on this plan and hopefully save myself some money as i am on quite a strict budget? Do you need to have 1/2 of one of the atkins bars as a snack?

I am planning to have salmon and broccoli for tea tonight and wondered if runner beans are allowed?

Also can you have low fat mince and make a chilli with it without the rice?

Can you eat butternut squash?

Sorry for all the questions but i found the booklet that came with the started pack not too helpful with what you can have and the amounts you can have? Do i need to weigh out food like meat etc or can you have a sensible portion?

What about sausages? can you have these if they are low carb?

Blimey i have loads of questions in my head i really want and NEED this to work and dont want to make any silly mistakes lol.

The woman at the chemist said its ok to have no added sugar squash in my water is this right? And wat about diet soft drinks? I like to have a glass of coke zero with ice in the evenings it keeps me going lol

Hopefully someone on here will be able to help me.

I am sure i will be on here alot now for support and answers and hopefully once i get into the swing of it i will be able to help others lol.........well you never know i might lol.

I am so looking forward to the summer but i know i cant stay like this to enjoy it i feel and look so awful in clothes i am dreading getting my skin out lmao.

Look forward to getting to know you all better.

Thanks.

Love Sadie xxx

Hello to all

I am starting the CS diet today. So far had banana shake for brekkie, celery and philly for a snack, hoping this is ok? lol.

that seems perfectly accepatble and follows the rules:)

I have read some of the posts on here and am i right in thinking that its ok to have the Atkins bars or similar low carb bars on this plan and hopefully save myself some money as i am on quite a strict budget?

atkins bars and others are perfectly acceptable. i know whats its like been on a budget!

Do you need to have 1/2 of one of the atkins bars as a snack?

on this i dont really get what you mean?!

I am planning to have salmon and broccoli for tea tonight and wondered if runner beans are allowed?

broccolli is okay....im not sure about the beans. it does say to avoid them so its upto you on that.

Also can you have low fat mince and make a chilli with it without the rice?

yes:)

Can you eat butternut squash?

i have no idea lol, i have never tried it. i have no idea about the carb or sugar content but i'll try find out for you.

Sorry for all the questions but i found the booklet that came with the started pack not too helpful with what you can have and the amounts you can have? Do i need to weigh out food like meat etc or can you have a sensible portion?

hey we like questions. id just say eat sensible portions and just stop when yoyr full. sont bother weighing things :D

What about sausages? can you have these if they are low carb?

i stuck to low carb but in the book it says just sausages so again thats down to you.

Blimey i have loads of questions in my head i really want and NEED this to work and dont want to make any silly mistakes lol.

we were all like that!

The woman at the chemist said its ok to have no added sugar squash in my water is this right? And wat about diet soft drinks? I like to have a glass of coke zero with ice in the evenings it keeps me going lol

id stick to mainly water as it does say avoid fruit squashes but a little bit wont harm that much!
id also stick to one glass or one can of coke zero as that is whats reccommended.

Hopefully someone on here will be able to help me.

I am sure i will be on here alot now for support and answers and hopefully once i get into the swing of it i will be able to help others lol.........well you never know i might lol.

you'll get all the support you need!

hopefully i answered most of your questions :)

plus hello too:p

Hi Kels

Thanks for the help.

With the atkins bars i realise now i didnt explain wat i meant very well lmao, i just wondered of you can only have half as a snack like with the CS bars? and if so is 1 whole one like a meal replacement?

Sorry about the confusion and thanx again with the other stuff xxxxxxxx

this is based on the 60g atkins bar i use a whole one as a meal replacement and half as a snack :)

Hello and welcome :)

Think Kels has pretty much covered all your questions! As for the BNS I'm pretty sure you can have it I do anyway and it hasnt effected my weight loss :) Its fab cut into wedges and baked in the oven they are like fake potatoe wedges!

Hi Curvy0Girl...I've been doing that with celeriac...I have also boiled and mashed it and had it as mashed potatoes...can't find it listed anywhere but it is the root of celery plant so I'm hoping its ok...I really miss my spuds :(

I saw that as an allowed veg but wasnt sure what it was!! :eek:

You should give BNS a try I take the skin off (but some leave it on) cut it into wedges par boil it then roast it in a tin with olive oil and a sprinkle of chilli and paprika. Yummy :)

Welcome BusyBee, loads of support to be had on here.

BNS also makes fantastic soup- I add mixed spice to it and it's great.

ooooo will defo be trying the BNS as wedges as I'm desperate for some spuddy type of thing.
Tired Cauliflour mash over the weekend and it was really ok, which was a big surprise as i dont even like cauli :)
I'd recommend trying it.

xx

Hi All

I've just started cs on 08.6.09 and lasted til friday. I had a binge on friday evening and saturday and dont really know why. I never felt hungry, found the diet easy and enjoyed everything I was eating. I got weighed on the saturday eve. and had lost 3kg. I was amazed. I have since got back on track. My husband lost 5.5kg in his first week and nearly 2kg in his 2nd. If anyone can give me any hints and tips and any snack ideas I'd be most grateful. As Sadie says the book is quite restrictive in what you can and can't have.

I look forward to chatting to you all.

Lolita X

Hello to all

Sorry for all the questions but i found the booklet that came with the started pack not too helpful with what you can have and the amounts you can have?

got to agree with you there. the books a bit vague and all over the place. i read it from cover to cover and still came away a little confused. so far i've had half an apple for my snacks!!! tragic or what ....i don't even like apples!!!

got to agree with you there. the books a bit vague and all over the place. i read it from cover to cover and still came away a little confused. so far i've had half an apple for my snacks!!! tragic or what ....i don't even like apples!!!

what is it your struggling with? i did Cs For about 4 months...see if i can help in anyway?!

just a little confused in general - the books not set out clearly enough.

can i only have ricotta cheese with my dinner?

i'm vegetarian - so am i really limited to 2 eggs (1-2 times a week), tofu, cottage cheese and ricotta cheese? :(

regarding eggs....i had more than 2 a week. i know you werent supposed to but it never did me any harm.

ill find out about the cheese and i'll get back to you asap :)

Back