Help!4 weeks in and losing the will... Why can't I lose!?

alanabanana

Hey this is my 4th week at Sw, I have 1 stone to lose... lost 3lbs first week but maintained for two. Feeling bit fed up and trying desperately NOT to just give up :sigh:

Will someone give me any tips? My target is within the healthy range so why aren't I losing!? I'm not cheating, writing down every mouthful and i'm not starving myself, *sigh* I am so up for this!

I think where I don't have much to lose I'm facing problems... what free food should I maybe cut down on? I am on the lower end of the syns, not usually more than 5. Pleeeeease any advice?

Thanks a million!! x x x

Hiya

Do you have a diary we can have a look at to see what you are eating?
What plan do you follow? If it's one type then maybe try the others?

Feel for you, it's a horrible feeling when you try so hard and don't get the results :(. Don't give up though..you can do it ;)

What plan are you following? Red & Green or EE? Some people have reported better losses on red days.
Try filling up on more superfree foods & up your water intake. Hope it starts shifting soon for you. Just remember that although you may not be losing pounds you're being super healthy which will make your skin look healthier and give you more energy too. xx

heya, thanks for replying!

a typical day is porridge for brek (heb)with skimmed milk (heb)

snack on apple/strawberry or satsuma

lunch, grilled chicken salad with a dressing or baked beans on a small jacket spud with a portion of fruit

snack 1x muller yog, fruit if still munchy

dinner- usually a free recipe or just a couple of syns made as per sw recipe ie risotto, chilli, chicken, all with aprox 1/2 plate of steamed veg.

sometimes in the evening if i feel picky I might have another mullerlight but I don't have more than 2 in a day. I also never eat more than 1 banana per day too.

I don't drink much water at all, could this impact it? I drink alot of tea hence my hea is always skimmed milk. I don't usually exceed 5 syns per day, but i only have a stone to lose so either incorporate nto main meals or have a couple of mini eggs or something.

thanks for reading! x

Could you write done a food diary? Red and green are actually very simple, I just do green, and its very straight forward. ut yes a few days worth of food written down on this thead will help as then anything which might be a bit sideways can be seen. lol. Also bodies are different. You ight just be a slower looser and nothing wrong with that, also have you tried repeating exactly what you did in week one?

Also what has your consultant said to the maintaing for 2 weeks? I know tis disheartening as i maintained for 2 weeks but tbh i saw my mistakes and rectified them and everything went a long smoothly from there :D

I would advise swapping to red. I STS after my first week for 9 days and the day after I swapped to red I started losing again. It's honestly not complicated.

If it helps here is a typical day for me now on red:

Breakfast
42 g all bran + banana
Mid morning snack
apple or nothing
Lunch
large portion of veg or salad with one portion of something free on red (love the 100 original recipes book). Sometimes followed by mullerlight
Dinner
Same format as lunch
Evening
2 alpen light bars, 1-4 small pieces of green and blacks 70% choc (1 syn a bit), mullerlight or fat free natural yogurt, fruit

I have one HeA (250 ml semi) and 2 portions of HeB (all bran + 2 alpen light). You are allowed 1-2 of both on Red.

I try and fit in as much exercise as I can.

Yes, do try and drink more water/sugar free squash etc.

One of my friends lost about 1.5 stone and started in the healthy range going down to close to the bottom of that range and she lost weight quickly considering that - her big tip was also to follow red days, I think she also only had one HeB towards the end.

Last edited:
I don't drink much water at all, could this impact it? I drink alot of tea hence my hea is always skimmed milk.

Hi alanabanana, I'm the same, pretty much all my milk is used for cups of tea!
I didn't loose a lot in my first couple of weeks, i started thinking maybe it just doesn't work for me - but i think it was just my body getting used to it, and me getting used to the plan etc and finding what works.

You should also try drinking at least 2 litre plain water a day - i always lose alot more when i stick to this. Also - lots of people lose more when they have all their syns. Having less than 5 is too little either way i think so try increasing to 10 a day at least

Yes just keep going, yr body often plays catch up. I lose half a pound, then 2 lbs, then half then 2lbs. Been doing this now for 5 weeks, strange pattern. BUT I have lost a total of 1st 6lbs so far and it does work if you keep at it. I mainly do the red plan.

Eat plenty don't cut down on free foods (if a fruit fiend limit bananas/grapes), vary and measure/weigh healthy extras, increase syns perhaps go to 7 and then 10. Use loads of superspeed foods, drink plenty. Try red days (not all week try 4 out of 7). Exercise. Enjoy food and dont feel deprived. :D At least you know what to do to maintain but there are misconceptions that if you lower syns you will lose faster big no no. I have a lot to lose consutant said go on 10 syns lost 1-2 per week. Upped it to 15 syns losing 3-4 per week. Good luck.

Back