Help - adding frozen fruit to jelly

big bear

A bear on a mission!
Hi I've just made 1/2 pint of jelly. I've got frozen berries that I want to add, should I add them now or top up to a pint & then add?

Or do I defrost them in micro?

I also want to mix a muller light to make a mousse, I just don't know what way to do it..

HELP...

I used to make frozen berries in jelly a lot. I would tip a large quantity of the frozen berries into a serving bowl, make up a pack of sugar free jelly crystals with about three quarters of a pint of boiling water (stirring like crazy) and pour this onto the berries straight away, stirring them round a bit so they were separate from each other, and pushing any that floated under the surface. I found the jelly set almost instantly round the fruit and because the berries were coated with jelly they didn't leak much juice as they thawed out - and they thawed almost instantly too!

Sorry I can't answer the Muller Light question but it's probably in the recipe section somewhere.

Same as pp poster RE the fruit, no need to defrost.

Add the muller light when you've made the Kelly up to a pint, allow to cool for half hour then whisk in the muller.

Enjoy! X

Back