Help - adding frozen fruit to jelly

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by big bear, 12 June 2011 Social URL.

1. big bear

big bear A bear on a mission!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi I've just made 1/2 pint of jelly. I've got frozen berries that I want to add, should I add them now or top up to a pint & then add?

Or do I defrost them in micro?

I also want to mix a muller light to make a mousse, I just don't know what way to do it..

HELP...

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. woodmouse

woodmouse Gold Member

Diet:
    various then S&S/Paleo now 5:2 with 16.8
    I used to make frozen berries in jelly a lot. I would tip a large quantity of the frozen berries into a serving bowl, make up a pack of sugar free jelly crystals with about three quarters of a pint of boiling water (stirring like crazy) and pour this onto the berries straight away, stirring them round a bit so they were separate from each other, and pushing any that floated under the surface. I found the jelly set almost instantly round the fruit and because the berries were coated with jelly they didn't leak much juice as they thawed out - and they thawed almost instantly too!

Sorry I can't answer the Muller Light question but it's probably in the recipe section somewhere.

4. Mrs.S.

Mrs.S. Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Same as pp poster RE the fruit, no need to defrost.

Add the muller light when you've made the Kelly up to a pint, allow to cool for half hour then whisk in the muller.

Enjoy! X

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.