• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Help - adding frozen fruit to jelly

big bear

A bear on a mission!
S: 14st7lb
Hi I've just made 1/2 pint of jelly. I've got frozen berries that I want to add, should I add them now or top up to a pint & then add?

Or do I defrost them in micro?

I also want to mix a muller light to make a mousse, I just don't know what way to do it..

HELP...

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
I used to make frozen berries in jelly a lot. I would tip a large quantity of the frozen berries into a serving bowl, make up a pack of sugar free jelly crystals with about three quarters of a pint of boiling water (stirring like crazy) and pour this onto the berries straight away, stirring them round a bit so they were separate from each other, and pushing any that floated under the surface. I found the jelly set almost instantly round the fruit and because the berries were coated with jelly they didn't leak much juice as they thawed out - and they thawed almost instantly too!

Sorry I can't answer the Muller Light question but it's probably in the recipe section somewhere.

Mrs.S.

Gold Member
S: 18st3lb C: 18st1lb G: 14st0lb BMI: 37.4 Loss: 0st2lb(0.78%)
Same as pp poster RE the fruit, no need to defrost.

Add the muller light when you've made the Kelly up to a pint, allow to cool for half hour then whisk in the muller.

Enjoy! X