HELP! America next week for work - what do I eat??

Josephina

Hi Everyone,

I started the points diet on Tuesday and am doing ok, but just found out that for work I have to fly out next Tuesday (day after first weigh in) to America - Omaha for 4 days and get back Saturday. Last time I went they took me to Chinese and Mexican restaurants - no option. How many points are in Airline meals??? how do I work this..
The Americans have such huge portions...
I need some guidance..
Why do I have to fly away just 1 week into my new regime!!!! so frustrating.
Please help
Love Jo :)
xx

Can you still take food on plane? I know I sneaked some on last year when I went to Italy, if so make your own pack up to take and eat it on the plan? If not I am not really sure about points in the food on planes, could you contact the airline to ask for nutritional values of their food?

Whilst a lot of america is grossly obese they are also widly obsessed with weight issues so I am sure that you can find something on the menu thats WW friendly.

American restuarants are totally used to people asking for salad with their food, and to "hold the sauce", "no bread basket". With a bit of careful planning you can easily stick to your points.

Hi ya, thanks so much for the info, yes I realise now that its all in the planning! Last week was my first week and I lost 4.5 lbs, so I really dont want to spoil it !! Im on a 14 hour flight so I need a hot meal thats the problem and they dont let you take liquids onboard ie muller lights :-( . I have requested Low Cal meals so fingers crossed :) . Good luck with your weight loss - you will do it by Crimbo x

Good luck in America let us know how you get on. I was thinking, if you have access to the internet whilst there you could sign up to the message boards on Weightwatchers website then post on the USA board, they will give you some good ideas on what to have to eat out there!

Back