Help and support greatly needed as a recovering former snacker

wannabefitatthirty

I am starting cambridge diet tomorrow, i am 5ft 8, weigh 16st and am soooo unhappy with my weight. Everyone keeps telling me i wont stick to it, that it wont work, that i wont have the willpower (have tried so many diets) i feel so fat and ugly (didnt feel ugly when slimmer, just the fat chin (s). I have had 5 kids and after my 3rd i went from a size 24 to 14 from heartbreak and have slowly gained in last 2 years after having twins (i weigh same now as 37 weeks pregnant with twins) and have slowly gained and am now an 18! feel so down and am fed up of hearing negativity about cambridge diet and my lack of ability to lose weight....i havent even started yet! Please help with support/sucess stories/advice all gratefully received!!!!

You will find that lots of people will tell u that you can't stick to it but you always have us here to support you & keep you going through your journey :)

Stay strong and keep posting on this board, it's very supportive. The Cambridge diet is great and you have a really good shot at losing a lot of weight! Stay motivated, you can do it!! Xx

Try not to listen to the negative comments and don't bother getting into conversations about it, just say 'you're entitled to your opinions, thank you for looking out for me' but then change the subject. ;)

The first few days can be tough so i would recommend cutting out as many carbs as you can before starting SS, it'll help lessen the hunger pangs. All the support you need will be here on this forum, we have all been through it - or are going through it so you will always have a friendly ear here and advise to help you out. When I started out i would go to bed early, armed with a big bottle of water and my laptop and just read and post on here - it helped get me through some difficult times.

But I promise you, it does get easier and once you see your weight drop so quickly it'll keep you motivated. Just come on here as often as you need.

Good luck :)

You can do it, I lost 2.5 stone on cd last summer and I really struggle with losing weight so I know it works. I found it easier not to tell people what I was doing if at all possible, some people will always be negative and try and sabotage things but be strong and keep posting on minimins it really does help! Good luck!

Miss R....how did you regain the weight?

This is what I am worried about...I have lost 3 and half stone since jan. Stopped CD in May and have regained 8lbs since then due to holiday and wedding (alot of it is water weight)...

I am worried that I wont keep it off...although i am very determined not to go back to that weight again

I am starting cambridge diet tomorrow, i am 5ft 8, weigh 16st and am soooo unhappy with my weight. Everyone keeps telling me i wont stick to it, that it wont work, that i wont have the willpower (have tried so many diets) i feel so fat and ugly (didnt feel ugly when slimmer, just the fat chin (s). I have had 5 kids and after my 3rd i went from a size 24 to 14 from heartbreak and have slowly gained in last 2 years after having twins (i weigh same now as 37 weeks pregnant with twins) and have slowly gained and am now an 18! feel so down and am fed up of hearing negativity about cambridge diet and my lack of ability to lose weight....i havent even started yet! Please help with support/sucess stories/advice all gratefully received!!!!

Hiya wannabefitatthirty

Right firstly SOD the negative people. Im sorry but telling you you wont last and that you dont have the willpower? Id say more regard those kind of people but Im pretty sure Ill be barred from misuse of language!!!! Anyhow FORGET THEM with regard the diet. Theyre not doing it YOU ARE so honestly their opinions dont count, only yours does.

Secondly you are being way too hard on yourself. You said you've five children? WOWSERS im 24, have no kids, Im 5' 7 and I weigh 15 stone 2.5 lbs.... It doesnt matter what we weigh now, the fact is we're doing something about it.

With regards negativity, it is hard but my advice to you would be limit who you tell and talk to about it. Im not saying lie, just if people ask fine but you just focus on you. I adore my mom, but shes no size ten either yet if i told her about this she would FLIP. not worth it at all at all. so ive just decided not to tell her. Simple :) the great thing about cambridge is that the initial results are dramatic so once ur partner sees this, he'll know youre doing the right thing and you can dance around to the lovely tune of "ha i told you so! "

Youve got to rub the sound of negative people out, they exist everywhere and unfortunately even in the form of our most loved. They are not the ones who make the choice with regard what goes in your mouth, you are... So how would they know about your willpower? Let them off.

Im on day 4 and Im feeling fantastic and i truly believe its cos I believe that I will actually succeed on this diet. So corny as it sounds, start believing that you WILL do this and get your head in a better frame of mind ok.

We're all here for a rant and natter. I write everything in my diary. Thats what it's there for.

Best of luck and keep us posted. I know youll do great, you just need to know that too xxxx

:D

I have NEVER told people I'm on any sort of diet, and if asked about my weight loss, I simply say that I'm on a strict diet and that's that. It is my personal business and I have no time for the negative comments, or for having to explain about the diet, etc. Let the results speak for themselves. It seems to me that people like this have forgotten the golden rule our mums taught us: if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all :) YOU are in control of this and nothing others can say will affect you unless you let it.

Here here losemenow! I completely agree. I have told a few people and regretted it in some cases due to negative responses but some people have surprised me, expected my mum to disapprove but actually she was v supportive.

I'm in week three, loving the introduction of bars but already feeling great and slimmer. Your attitude is the most important thing believe in yourself and you'll be just fine :)

Thanks for all this support :) am at the end of 1st day....and im STARVING! Tho im not tempted to stray :)

I am so so positive i will stick to this :) i wanna be slim sooo bad, havent actually been 'slim' since my early teens:-/

Any more advice or inspiration would be great as this is what has got me through today :)
How much have people lost in 1st week?

Does this hunger REALLY go?? Finding this hard to believe today hahaha

Much love and thanks for support

People lose loads in first week, 10lbs is common! You should go into ketosis after a few days and the hunger will go. If you find SoleSource too hard, don't give up on Cambridge, go on a higher plan where you can have some food, or alternate SoleSource weeks with weeks where you have some food. I've lost 20lbs in six weeks or so [doing a plan with food] and suddenly everyone is saying, 'you look great, you have lost loads'. Such a buzz!

Made mistake after day 1 of stepping on scales and have put on 3lbs!!! How can this happen with a shake and 2 soups (and lots of water) omg panicking now!!!

Water weight 1kg every litre. Have you been glugging a lot? Dont worry if you stick to the diet you're guaranteed a loss! X

Hi there,I started the cd 2 weeks ago but on step 3 which I'd 1000 calories,lost so far 9lb but 4 inches off my waist in 2 wks...it's a fantastic diet next week I am doing ss+ for the week as I know feel ready..I think that by cutting down gradually I will have more chance of doing ss...I hope this advice helps...good luck xxx

Thats great well done :)

I am feeling so positive today :) i am feeling starving tho... Cant wait for at feeling to go! And i am craving carbs (mainly bread and potatoea) and i dont think eating soup is helping that craving as whenever ive had soup for as long as i remember, i always have loads of bread and thickly spread butter mmmmm (sorry!!!) lol

But im gonna carry on eating them, 1) because i enjoy taste (of some) and 2) cos i think alot of my prob is habit, and i wanna break the assosciation with bread and soup, think this will help me.

Everyone is saying the hunger goes, which i can believe, but does the cravings??

Back