Help! Can't Stop Thinking About...

Discussion in 'WeMITTS (We Mean It This Time)' started by Curvy_Chicken, 13 September 2006 Social URL.

1. Curvy_Chicken

Curvy_Chicken Full Member

:( ...Chocolate. I really don't want to break my diet! Any tips peeps?

I've got some tea and water to drink - but I need to get it out my brain.

(For info I am doing the GI Diet and Chocolate is defitely not allowed!).
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Karen1972

Karen1972 Gold Member

1) If you eat the chocolate - how long will the pleasure last?

2) After you've eaten it, how will you feel?

3) How long with this feeling last?

4) Is the answer to question one worth the consequences and answers of questions two and three?

If it is worth it then eat the chocolate if not then don't eat the chocolate. As with all cravings, the feeling will pass if you ignore it.....
  4. Wobbly

Wobbly Full Member

I'll second Karen with that - good advice.
  5. Curvy_Chicken

Thanks Guys

Needed to be reminded of that - it is rubbish and only a short lasting pleasure that I will feel depressed about later if I eat it.

Drinking tea and water has helped a bit, I have been fine about not eating chocolate for the last couple of weeks - but that caught me off guard...

Phew crisis over.

Thanks again xxx Hugs xxx xxx xxx
  6. Karen1972

Karen1972 Gold Member

Excellent news, well done you!!! So what's a typical day's menu for you on GI hun?
  7. Curvy_Chicken

Generally Breakfast is either:

Porridge with Fruit
    Toast with Marmite or Extra Light Laughing cow cheese triangles (when I'm up late or in a hurry)
    Toast with mushrooms and grilled or plum tomato

Lunch is:

usually something with a small amount of rice and lots of veggies (low fat curry)
    Soup and piece of bread

Dinner: Absoutely loads of variety here!

Quorn Chilli with mushrooms, onions, peas mixed in rice (small portion!)
    Quorn Sausage paella - with loads of veg
    Quinoa Burgers with mushroom and Onion
    Lentil Bake
    I can also simply have chicken/quorn with a couple of new pots and loads of veg!

Its great because it is soo flexible...

Hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  8. Karen1972

Karen1972 Gold Member

ooooo sounds good, is it easy to follow? never really looked at GI, but seems to be quite fashionable these days!
  9. Curvy_Chicken

I think the Gi diet is good for those who always feel hungry and if you are happy for weightloss to occur gently (in three weeks I have lost 7 pounds). I do think it is very easy to follow and it is worth checking these books if you are interested:

Gi Diet
    Green Light Recipes

I see from your ticker that you are only a few pound from your target - the Gi Diet book has a section for losing weight and maintaining...

Anyway I am definitely a Gi Diet adovcate - fashionable or not it is the right way for me!:)
  10. Curvy_Chicken

Oooh yes forgot to mention that YES it is easy to follow!
  11. Karen1972

Karen1972 Gold Member

oooo yum yum, am defo gonna have a look at this diet when i get to my target weight!!
  12. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

It's deffo a really good way to lose weight and get yourself healthy - the CD maintenance plan is based on low GI principles.
  13. Curvy_Chicken

Inloko that tomato recipe sounds yum (I LOVE TOMATOES :) - :) so even better!), sorry got a bit behind with all the follow up messages...

I have to say aswell that since starting the GI diet I do feel so much healthier and have great energy levels. I am very happy I found it!:D
  14. Curvy_Chicken

Hi INloko

Thanks for the offer of recipes!

Me and my boyfriend are going to try out your tomato dish tomorrow for brekkie...

Looking forward to it!

Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.