HELP....Constipation!!

Drink an extra glass of water when you have your psilly husks too x

Ok, ill bear that in mind! Mind you, I try to drink as much water as possible, though i do try to chill out as it gets closer to bed time! All week i have had to get up a minimum of 3 times to go to the loo! Very annoying!!

x

Hi All,

Well i am pleased to say i no longer need the loo. Day 4 and i have finally been he he. I am hoping it will help my weigh in tomorrow xxxx

Hey skinny cow,

Im glad to hear that all is going well for you in that dept!! ehehe... Good luck at your weigh in tomorrow! I am not going to see my CDC for about 4 weeks because the closest CDC to me is a tube then train ride away from me!!!:eek: So i stocked up on 4 weeks worth!! But i have scales at home so I will do my weigh in at home on my own on monday, a full 7 days after i started!

Anyway, good luck sweetie!

x Alli x

Hi Alli,
Mine will only be 5 days after start but it will catch up with itself the week after.
I will report in tomorrow with the news, cant wait xx
Night night xx

PSYLLIUM HUSKS

THE GODSEND!!!

HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS BEFORE!?!?!?!?!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU RUSSIAN DOLL!:)

I succumbed and went to my local health shop to buy some PH. I just couldn’t wait for it to be delivered!!! I paid an extortionate price for it £9.95!!!:eek: But trust me, it was worth the extra money! I just did porridge with the chocolate milkshake and I am, get this, FULL. Yes, that’s right, I feel FULL!!! For the first time since I started the diet on Monday!!

Thank God I got it today! My boyfriend is coming over tonight and he doesn’t believe in this diet (he’s one of those eat all you want and never gain weight annoying people). Every time I tried to diet before, he would come over, order a pizza and be like “babe, don’t make yourself suffer! If you want to eat the pizza, eat it!” and I would end up scoffing my face with pizza, ice-cream and beer! But not anymore! I have Psyllium Husks!

Thank you AGAIN Russian doll. I think you may have just got me through the weekend!

Love,

x Alli x

Awww - Alli you're very welcome! We've got to stick together and share tips to get through this eh?

You're right though - that porrige is FILLING with a capital F!! :D

Hi

I'm a children's nurse and have treated many with constipation, including myself. I have to say i should have honary shares in Movicol. The stuff is fantastic and is not absorbed by the body so it won't affect your diet. All it does it take water to the poo which allows you to pass naturally with no pain/cramps that many laxatives cause. This can be bought from most chemists but can also get a box full on prescription.

Good luck
Christina

Hi,
Finally figured out the right 'dose' of psyllium husks for me. I add 2 TEAspoons to soup and that is fine for me - both for taste and effect !!!! Guess we all need different amounts. Such a relief to 'go' every day again.

dear PooGuru &others. I've read this thread with interest. please can you tell what is the diference between psyllium husks & the fibre 89 that my cdc sells. I''ve noticed that noone has mentioned fibre 89. is it no good? I've just about managed ok but as my youngest says "i'm a bit stiff today "

dear PooGuru &others. I've read this thread with interest. please can you tell what is the diference between psyllium husks & the fibre 89 that my cdc sells. I''ve noticed that noone has mentioned fibre 89. is it no good? I've just about managed ok but as my youngest says "i'm a bit stiff today "
HI jane
Some find that the fibre 89 works well, but quite a few need a bit more bulk and use the psyllium husks. Im afraid that Im one of the few that is struggling to get the right balance of things still.

Hi

I am facing the great constipation challenge too - just waiting 4 postie to bring PH!

I only go once a week now (used to twice a day gal!). Anyone going less than that? Not that I'm competitive about poo....

Thanks for the tips Russiandoll!

Last edited:
psyllium husks

hi there when i began the diet i suffered terrible constipation despite drinking 6 litres of water a day. I rang the lipotrim helpline who advised me to drink 8 litres i wasn`t drinking enough. This was bad advice as i am 5ft 2in tall. Anyway i had to keep taking ducolax ever 3 days maximum. sometimes every two, Before the diet i am a person regular everyday sometimes twice so i felt it was not good taking laxatives as i felt what happen when i come off the diet. I had to take them as i once had an impactation and thought i might have to go to hospital,. when i did eventually go it was scary blood etc. When i came over onto cambridge i did not want to be taking laxatives. luckilyi found out about psyllium husks i bought natures own the powder version not the tablets or husks. anyway not only did they make my shake like ready break and really smooth they work, they are just amazing. i found i went regular and normally i think they actually clean your colon the way they seem to work, Do not give you diaorreah i put a heaped tablespoon with my breakfast shake. they have no cals are completely natural.I read the indians have been using them for centuries to maintain a healthy digestive system. laura5510 ps i have also tried lepicol but prefer natures own lepicol does not seem to thicken the shake ok if you still want it as a drink.I had tried the cambridge fibre etc but they never worked for me. Psyllium husks anyday i say.

I use the psyllium husks too, and can't imagine even trying to CD, long-term, without them.

They make shakes and soups much more filling and supply the kind of fibre our poor digestive systems seem to be crying out for!

Some people seem to get amazing daily results with P/husk but with me it's every 2-3 days. I still need to take Dulcolax from time to time.

No way would I even think of upping my water intake to 8 litres. That sounds excessive to me.

Hi, I have only started today but I already have a supply of psyllium husks from when I tried Atkins. I got a fair size box for under £2 at an Asian/Indian grocers, I'd better get another!

I am totally new to this forum and to the CD. Today is my very first day and after reading this thread I know I will have problems so tomorrow it will be a trip to buy some of the capsules. I'm not too sure about buying the powder - not very good with things like that :( .

Whether buying capsules or powder, remember only to get PURE psyllium husks with NO digestive 'aids' (eg probiotics) added. I think Lepicol might be one that has additives.

Psyllium husks are carb and cal free (they are only the outer husk of the psyllium plant) and cannot be digested ... any additives might have some carbs etc so beware and read the tub.

Healthspan is my favourite online supplier. Here's the link:

http://www.healthspan.co.uk/shop/product.aspx?Id=C-PH&ct=true

Happy husking :)

Back