HELP - day 1 on CD and I'm really struggling!!!!

Hi mamateddy,

What plan are you following? seeing as we are both struggling maybe we could buddy up and help keep tabs on eachother? Do you have much weight to lose?

sabotage

HI YS

You know all we can do is look to the day ahead and hope we have the strength to get through it.

Don't look at it as such a big journey if it helps just take it step by step and just tell yourself everyday what you are working towards. You have a lot on your plate with the kids and studying, maybe you could put some energies into finding ways of simplyfying your life. I too juggle a lot and I find now on this CD which I have only been on for 2 weeks and a day I have more time and energy to do more.

Stick it out for a couple of weeks or so and see how you go. Having started at 18 st 9 and having lost a stone I am amazed how much better I feel already and am looking forward to the future me !

As someone pointed out to me "what's a few months or weeks out of your life for acheiving something so great!

Love and light, Mandy

Hi guys,

I have started CD today after many failed attempts on LT and I am finding it really hard. I tried the porridge this afternoon and after a couple of spoons it made me heave. I really wan't to lose weight but I'm scared I'm not going to be able to stick to it long enough to even get into ketosis. I have put over 4 stone on since April and I know people will probably tell me to do weight watchers or slimming world as an alternative. I lost 8 stone at slimming world and it took me nearly 2 years and the thought of losing 2lb a week depresses me. I walked in from my placemet as a student nurse and went to the cupboard to have a bowl of cereal. I didn't have it but I really wanted it. Even now as I type I want to go and have a bowl. I don't know what to do or where to turn and I am soooooo confused. This is such an emotional rollercoaster. I currently weigh 360lb and mt weight is really affecting my life, I have two little girls aged 2 and 4. I am in my first year on a nursing degree and so far I don't have any health issues relating to my weight and I am 30 years of age. I just want to be able to wake up one day and not hate what I see in the mirror and just to feel normal. I know I am rambling but I wanted to ask if anyone is or has gone through this and if they can offer me any support or advice. I'm crying as I write this because I am just at the end of my tether and don't know what to do:cry:

Stick in there, it is difficult but the best diet I have ever tried, and believe me I have tried them all.:rolleyes:
After six weeks my clothes are hanging off me, my skin is a lot better, my hair is shining and not greasy.
Yes, I have had my bad days, weeks, but I am hoping to get 3 stone off by Xmas, even though I am going away this week on holiday.
So hang in there and join us all in losing all that flab and feeling 100% better for it.
And by the way I lose the most weight when reading and chatting on this forum, the support is great:D

Hiya hun, I felt exactly like ya did on day one too and also right up to day 3. I am a chocoholic and missed anything sweet. But I will tell ya it does get easier. My motto is to keep yourself busy and not think about food, if ya get the hunger pangs reach for the water. I have found myself over the past couple of days cleaning the whole house. In order to do any diet ya have to be mentally ready for it and if its what ya want to do? The diet is extremely hard but its the results that keeps ya going!! Once ya lose on your first week it will keep ya motivated for the rest. Everyone can come up with excuses and I did as well but its only ya that can make the difference. Also keep posting and staying in touch, we are all here to help each other out.

Hi,
Thank you all soooooooo much for your kind messages. I got past a whole day without eating - whoo hoo!!!!
I got up this morning and had lost 5lb already which really boosted my confidence. I got up at 05.45am and was at the pool by 06.30am. I did 50 lengths of the pool, showered, changed and was at my placement in the hospital by 08.20. Fell really positive and I can't wait til next monday to get weighed. I felt really hungry about 3pm yesterday and I really had to battle with my emotions and I got through it. This is usually the point where I cave in but I feel so proud of myself that I got through it without a bowl of cereal in sight!!! YAY!!!
The shakes taste so much better than LT and the soups aren't too bad either - not a patch on heinz but never mind. I know you shouldn't add salt but is pepper allowed?
Will keep you all posted on my progress and thank you all once again for all your support. I really means sooooo much!!

Oh well done you and a big hug from me…….you know you can do this.
You can add pepper and although it says don’t add salt I do in some of the soups because they are just too bland. The way I see it is if I’m limited to what I can eat it had better taste damn good!!

Good luck for day two your well on your way to ordering a smaller uniform!!!

i add tiny amount of pepper and chilli flakes, but check with cdc when you see her next.

massive well done on sticking to it, the first few days are the hardest, so you are literally just hours away from an easy journey! just keep hanging in there!

xx

I had this one I am wearing altered 'cos they couldn't get me a bigger one ordered for me in time for the start of my placement and if I am being honest, it has gone a little tight around my middle and across by bust but I am looking forward to feeling more comfortable in the next week or two. When I got out of the shower yesterday I cut my toenails and put some poilsh on and I was bloody puffed 'cos it was such an effort to try and bend over past my huge stomach.
It was quiet in the changing rooms of the pool this morning so I took my camera and took some pictures of me in my costume so I can look back and see the difference!!! Will save them and post them as my before pics. Not brave enough to shock you all with them just yet...lol!! 50 lengths in the pool and %lb off already in just one day so if I keep this up I am hoping to get at least a stone off in my first week. Thanks for the info about the pepper. I'm having veg soup for lunch and I haven't tried that one yet. Can't wait til next week when I can have the bars. I really hope they're not as much of a let down as the porridge. I couldn't stomach it - made me gag after 3 spoons, Yuck!! The bars will be handy for me for on the way home from placement or Uni to stop me picking and keep me on the plan. Roll on monday -yay!!

Back