HELP!!! Eating Chinese on CD!

Hi all,

I have been on the cambridge diet 100% for the last 4 weeks and so far have lost a total of 24lbs. After a easy first week, I have really been struggling for the next three weeks. I have now just gone and ordered a chinese in a moment of weakness. I have tried to avoid any carbs in the meal so I stay in ketosis, but how badly do you think it will effect my weight loss this week?

Has anyone else broken the diet for a takeaway? If so, what happened at next weigh in? I really want to stay on this diet but it is just so hard to do!

What made you order the chinese? You know you don't really need it don't you? What have you ordered?

Oh no, that is a bit of a relapse. I think it will knock you straight out of Ketosis and will effect the weightloss, because your body isn't used to it (though I've only been on it a week so am nowhere near an expert). Can you save it for family, and try not to eat it. Alternatively if you really have to eat some of it, could you pick out the meat etc, that doesn't have carbs and eat them, that way I think you stay in ketosis (I think). It would be a shame as you have done brilliantly for 4 weeks, I hope I lose as much.

Not a good idea to eat especially when you are doing so so well. You have had such a fantastic weight loss so far do you really want to blow it for a chinese?
There are many posts on here about how people have done exactly the same as you, ordering a takeaway or going out for a meal, then once they've had it they feel rubbish and ever so guilty for doing it.
Try really hard to resist and tomorrow you will feel so much better for it.

I'd be on the phone cancelling the order.
This is only the start of week 2 for me, but it's a restart. I speak from experience that the minute you start messing around with the diet, you'll give in altogether and possibly end up back to square one.
Go for a walk, have a bath, go to bed, anything but dont eat that food.

don't do it! it will kick you straight out of ketosis and it will make it 100% harder. Do you want to lose weight more than you want the chinese? thats what you need to ask yourself!

I doubt just avoiding carbs will keep you in ketosis - I may be wrong and someone correct me, but carrots have a lot of carbs, and they are used in loads of dishes in chinese.

Ring up and cancel - you will feel awful afterwards if you break the diet. You've done so well sticking 100% this far - is a chinese worth giving your 100% record up?

Good luck with your decision

I'd be on the phone cancelling the order.
This is only the start of week 2 for me, but it's a restart. I speak from experience that the minute you start messing around with the diet, you'll give in altogether and possibly end up back to square one.
Go for a walk, have a bath, go to bed, anything but dont eat that food.

Ditto! You'll feel better tomorrow if you dont have it! Trust me the guilt is horrendous... X

Oh hunnie, we have all been at this stage at some point during CD.

The facts are, you WILL come out of ketosis. Meaning that, when you get back on ss, you will have all the symptoms of getting into ketosis again. What happens after that depends.

I ate 3 slices of pizza on my 3rd week (i think it was) for the rest of the week I drank 5 litres of water each day - trying to flush out all that fat from pizza, and I did a 1 hour cardio each day. I partly did it as punishment (1 hour of cardio killed me!) but I also did it to try and reverse the 'blip'. That week I did loose, but not much.

I would say that, is it worth having to go through the whole process of ketosis again for a chinese? If you haven't eaten it already, then just think about it and maybe cancel the order? You could treat your self to a chicken breast with spices as a reward. At least that wont knock you out of ketosis and you will feel as though you have eaten something.

Sometimes, the above is easier said than done. Sometimes I get terrible impulses to eat, and I just have to. Maybe you are the same? But I would say, if you don't want to gain weight, but still want the chinese, you should consider increasing your water and exercise for the rest of the week.

You have had an amazing loss so far. Well done!

I hope you can sail past this hurdle hunnie, whatever you choose to do.

Hugs x x x

Dont eat it.

1. The guilt will be horrendous
2. The salt will make you retain like a mofo
3. The carbs in the sauce will prob kick you out of ketosis
4. The calories may kick you out of ketosis
5. Your weigh in won't be as good as if you'd never had it, and your right the diets hard, but its harder if you have the chinese, and then see a not so good result at the end of the week.

Trust me, not worth it.

Don't do it!
You absolutely WILL regret it!

Get squeezy liquid at the ready, pour liberal amounts over food if it arrives and put it down to an expensive lesson learnt....

If you think it's wasteful, its not as wasteful as wasting the money you have spent this month on gettingt hose amazing losses....

Stay strong!

x

just think, as caroline g pointed out, if that chinese cost you say £10.00 then it probably cost you £50.00 as its AT LEAST one extra week on CD to undo the damage that meal will do. Most expensive takeaway ever? not worth it hun.

just think, as caroline g pointed out, if that chinese cost you say £10.00 then it probably cost you £50.00 as its AT LEAST one extra week on CD to undo the damage that meal will do. Most expensive takeaway ever? not worth it hun.

I second this, was just reading through to see if anyone had posted something along this lines.
Dont do it! It might mean another week of SS and nobody wants to be on SS for longer than they have to!

Ditto what everyone else has said-it's a slippery slope once you give in to temptation-be strong!!

totally ditto what everyone else has said!
Apart from all the above reasons, eathing that much fat after 4 weeks of nothing will give you horrible cramps and possibly the runs etc too!

NO cheat is ever worth the mental and physical torment that you will go through to get back on track!!!

REally hope we have all put you off and you dont do it!

Let us know how you get on with your will power hun
xxx

I need help I am tempted by comfort food right now - My boyfriend has dumped me and I always turn to food when he does this. I have been on SS almost two weeks and have lost 17 lbs so far but I can't stop wanting to comfort eat. I am so miserable

Go on then, spill...did you eat it?

We won't tell! ;)

Comfort-eater21...you dont need to turn to food to get over your break up....all its going to do is make you feel rotten! You need to get over him by kicking ass with CD and losing more weight! Comfort food isnt going to do anything long term...sticking to CD is!!!!!
And he might end up running back with his tail between his legs....and then you will have put weight back on for no reason hun!
Stick with CD...its more reliable than a man!!! lol
xxxx

Thanks for the advice LizzMB I know it would be so stupid. I am using all my willpower not to walk downstairs - (I live just above the Chinese!!!) He is not worth it at all I know that he is the one who kept telling me how fat I was and keeps breaking up with me because of my weight. I just wish I didn't feel like I was doing this for him - I know its for me too but I know my big motivation was that he kept making me feel so rubbish about myself. Now I feel trapped in a stupid circle and my usual way of dealing is food. Think I might have to do something maybe a bath.

Comforteater please don't let a man make you feel this way, by the sounds of it he's not worth it!
Getting in the bath is a good idea, loads of bubbles and a good book will do you the world of good I promise.
Sylv x

Back