HELP... Eggs in the oven!

Edwin

Silver Member
Does anyone know how long an egg would take to cook in the oven if I cracked it over some SW chips?

I have heard this is a good way of doing egg and chips but not sure at what point to crack the egg in.....

Sw chips are in so need answers soon!!

sorry it took so long, cook your chips then stick them in a dish, beat your eggs and pour them over the chips, not sure how long, my recipe book says 15 min. oh and you don't have to beat the eggs if you don't want.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't do it tonight as didn't wanna mess the chips up so just fried the egg! Will do it in the oven next week tho as we have SW chips and eggs once a week! I'd love a fab oven mine is naff to say the very least - inherited it with the house and never had the money to upgrade it!

My halogen is about the size of a microwave but you can fit loads in it, I do a chicken in the bottom and the veg on top, my best ebay purchase ever ! Even do my slimming world chips in it. I only ever use the rings on my other oven now. The halogen even cleans itself!

I cook the chips then when they're done (eggs only take 4 mins) I make a little space or well between the chips and crack the egg into it. Pop it back into the oven for about 4 mins until the white is set on the top...yolk will still be runny.

Back