Extra Easy Help for a first weeker

first week at SW and am completely obsessed with it, but today weighed myself and think i may have gained 1- 2lbs :eek:

my WI is Wed night, do you think i have any chance?

If I had a £1 for every person who sneaked a peek mid week and panicked and then lost at WI I would be a rich person.

Your weight naturally fluctuates from day to day by as much as 7lb. So what the scales say today bear no relation to what they will say on WI day ... so just ignore them and focus on the one official weigh in a week.

I think you should totally ignore what you have seen on those scales! I can weigh myself every single day and even right up to the day before my official weigh in I can look a couple of pounds heavier than WI day.
I know its hard not to look but in the past having a peek before WI has made me go off plan, if the reading was good I'd get complacent and think ooh, I can have this to eat because I'm already doing so well this week or if the reading is bad, I'd think, whats the point? I may as well give up!
It has made me give up countless times and each of those times if I had just weighed when I should have I bet i would have done ok.
Wait till your offical weigh in as these are different scales too.
Good luck for your WI on Wednesday.

thanks girls, this has really helped me. when i saw the reading i felt like reaching for the nearest bar of chocolate.
I am so glad i resisted and stuck to plan.
i am going to have an options hot choc and 2 rich teas to curb my craving.
No more peeking mid week..and will let you know how it goes on wednesday, thanks again for your support.

i did exactly the same for the first few weeks hun but when it came to weigh in i had lost.
hide them scales so you dont do it again, good luck for wed, let us know how you get on

Scales drive u mad iv had a few wi on my wii and it says I've lost but today on bathroom scales I was 12,7 then 12 then 12,4 then 11,13 I was bored and intrigued but bye bye scales!! They are the devil x

<3... Victoria-Louise...<3.

Good luck on wednesday Jules -Harrys mum :)
There are lots of inspirational stories on this site, try to have a read and they will add to the help already given by Circes & the other wonderful people around here.
I've only been on the plan for a few weeks and peeked last week :rolleyes: for the first time and it nearly drove me nuts, showing differnet weights in the morning then lunchish time then later on; shan't do it again :eek: Can't get rid of the scales though as I weigh at home, haha :D
Anytime you feel like giving up or finding it tough just come on here and you will find lots of help and encouragement :grouphugg:

I hate my scales! Im seriously thinking about binning them as my weight fluctuates constantly! The only scales I ever go by now are the ones at wi.

Best of luck for Wednesday hun, Im sure that you will be pleasantly surprised xxx

If I wasn't going to class I would weigh in once a week at Tesco for 50p, too tempting and confusing o
otherwise

thank you all so much for your help, it really has made me stick to plan. I really hope i lose on wednesday as i love this SW and thought it really can work for me. Put your £1 in charity box circes if i lose!
Keep you posted and good luck to you all!
Jules

feeling bloated tonight though have been on plan all day. feel hungry tonite, have had omelette and salad for dinner followed by mullerlight.
then an alpen hexb
then n orange and a pear.

sounds a lot but still hungry. nightmare as wi tomorrow night.
not hopeful for a loss. feeling a bit down! any tips for day of wi?

feeling bloated tonight though have been on plan all day. feel hungry tonite, have had omelette and salad for dinner followed by mullerlight.
then an alpen hexb
then n orange and a pear.

sounds a lot but still hungry. nightmare as wi tomorrow night.
not hopeful for a loss. feeling a bit down! any tips for day of wi?

Hey Jules :D
No tips I'm afraid, been hoping to pick some up myself as only been on plan for about 4 weeks. Although I've been lucky with my losses so far :)
I too feel hungry a lot even though I feel like I'm always eating, but rather than feel hungry I just eat superfree stuff like fruit or chopped carrots. :gimi:
Actually I read in a post somewhere that some people eat melon the evening before WI and others don't have too much dairy stuff the day of. But don't know for sure if they're effective strategies.
Don't worry too much if you don't have the loss you're hoping for tomorrow because I'm sure that once you stay on plan you will have the loss you want along with a healthier eating lifestyle. I believe the plan works, whether quickly or slowly, the plan works. :cross:

X

A loss

:D 1 and half lbs off so very chuffed!
THanks for all your support. i just eat normally today though went to class before dinner which may have helped.
Have just had chicken stirfry with noodles and a mullerlight. feeling v satisfied tonight. losing is a great motivator.

good luck everyone for this week, happy slimming!....

:D 1 and half lbs off so very chuffed!
THanks for all your support. i just eat normally today though went to class before dinner which may have helped.
Have just had chicken stirfry with noodles and a mullerlight. feeling v satisfied tonight. losing is a great motivator.

good luck everyone for this week, happy slimming!....

Ah, nice one Jules :0clapper:
Just eat when your hungry & fill up on superfree as much as possible and you will continue to see those losses :D

Back