Help getting over a friend sized hurdle

sparty

Gold Member
Hello all,

I have a bit of a problem. I am going to a friends for dinner tomorrow night and thought I would ask what she is planning so I can meal plan and limit syns in preparation. *polisheshalo*

She has said she cant be bothered to cook anything and is going to do pizza :(

I have told her I am on SW but she just says save your syns up. I even told her I was allergic to the pizza she was planning (no joke - it was a tomato and pesto one and I am allergic to nuts so no pesto for me!) but she just said 'oh I have another one I can cook'.

She is doing a salad with it but i guess that will be ceasar salad so I will save my hexa for the cheese (we wont have the dressing anyway as she is pregnant and can't have it)

Its because she is pregnant and hosting that I feel awkward - especially as I have already tried to change her mind twice! I dont want to be rude and a nuisance but similarly I am also annoyed as this week I had made up my mind to stop faffing around and concentrate on the plan!

So I am thinking I should just fill up on tons of the salad and nibble at one slice of pizza cutting off the crust? I reckon one slice of pizza with the crust cut off would be about a third of the usual syns? I also thought I could take round lots of fruit and say here is pudding (which I can then eat to fill me up). Or I could eat a little before I go?!

What would yo udo if you were in my shoes?

Well if it was me I'd not go or not eat the pizza, because for me doing this is very important, ESP if you've been on and off plan a lot and want to get stuck on you need a good run of weeks perfectly on plan. One bad meal for me messes it up a lot.

Pizza is the worst for syns I looked at one once and I was horrified at how many syns it was.

If you think you can syn one slice then perhaps do that. But this is easier said than done.

I do appreciate that not everyone is as sw selfish as me and can't/won't cancel plans and so you have to just see if going is def the plan how about you make a sw smash pizza and take that?

Fruit for pudding is good idea.

from fat to skinny jeans only 50lbs to go

Why don't you cook up a delicious Slimming World dish and take it along? She can have her pizza if she wants it, or can tuck into what you're eating. I did that when I met up with some friends, they were going to order a takeaway, and they ended up eating my butternut squash lasange , and all loved it!

Seeing as she doesn't feel like cooking much I would suggest to her that u give dinner a miss but can still meet up for a catch up. Then u can eat a nice sw friendly meal beforehand and not have to cancel on your friend completely. I would then save some syns and take something yummy that u can all snack on later.

Why don't you cook up a delicious Slimming World dish and take it along? She can have her pizza if she wants it, or can tuck into what you're eating. I did that when I met up with some friends, they were going to order a takeaway, and they ended up eating my butternut squash lasange , and all loved it!

I'd definitely agree with this option. Take your own food, that way you can still see your friend and have what you want to eat guilt free. If she wants to have the pizza then she can, or she can try your dish. However, I would let her know beforehand that you are bringing something along :). Go and have a good time!

I feel a bit stuck really because there are only three of us eating and we ALWAYS eat pizza when we catch up (been a tradition for about four years) she has already bought the pizza and salad apparently. Plus ill be going straight from work so won't be able to cook up a big dish to carry with me.....

Thinking about all your advice, though i don't want to use it as an excuse to go off plan. And I won't let it derail me.

I could make pitta pizza as a contribution. I can take them to work in a Tupperware box and stick it in the fridge and just put it in her oven to cook. Think that's the best option - I can make tomorrow a green day and use my hex's on the pitta's and cheese topping.

It's an interesting dynamic to try and negotiate around stubborn friends. I would never cause this much trouble to my friend!!

Thank you all for your tips! Ill let you know how it goes down :)

I feel a bit stuck really because there are only three of us eating and we ALWAYS eat pizza when we catch up (been a tradition for about four years) she has already bought the pizza and salad apparently. Plus ill be going straight from work so won't be able to cook up a big dish to carry with me.....

Thinking about all your advice, though i don't want to use it as an excuse to go off plan. And I won't let it derail me.

I could make pitta pizza as a contribution. I can take them to work in a Tupperware box and stick it in the fridge and just put it in her oven to cook. Think that's the best option - I can make tomorrow a green day and use my hex's on the pitta's and cheese topping.

It's an interesting dynamic to try and negotiate around stubborn friends. I would never cause this much trouble to my friend!!

Thank you all for your tips! Ill let you know how it goes down :)

It's really hard but if you have one friend a week or one event a week or one treat planned or one birthday coming up etc ull be off plan all time. Ppl will get used to it and understand.

It's really hard but if you have one friend a week or one event a week or one treat planned or one birthday coming up etc ull be off plan all time. Ppl will get used to it and understand.

Couldn't agree more - with me it's just that one buffet lunch at work. I focus on the fruit tray and eat a single sandwich to be polite!

My mum used to do SW, and she stills cooks SW friendly, so I'm happy when it's dinner at her house! Dinner cooked by people who don't get it is tough. Saving up syns and A's and B's just in case is my usual plan.

Why don't you make your own pizza. Asda pizza base mix is 16 syns per base made up. you get 2 packets per box. then use Tom purée or passata and cover in veggies, meats and healthy extra cheese. Freeze and take along with you. This way you can have pizza too xxx

This is what it Looks like xxx

Attachments

• image-3524516963.jpg
    image-3524516963.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 129
:) xx

Attachments

• image-2072370547.jpg
    image-2072370547.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 112
Wow!! 16 syns is a lot less than normal pizza! I don't think I can manage this in time for tomorrow but I'm def gonna give it a go another time!

My bf loves pizza and I have basically banned it from the house lol :)

Thanks for the tip!

Wow!! 16 syns is a lot less than normal pizza! I don't think I can manage this in time for tomorrow but I'm def gonna give it a go another time!

My bf loves pizza and I have basically banned it from the house lol :)

Thanks for the tip!

You're welcome. Our consultant told us about them. The best thing is you can roll them out as big as you want and pack them with loads of free, superfree foods :)

My bf does too, his fav is a meat feast calzone. The worst one :( I wish I could ban it ha.

Xx

Well well well......my friend has just messaged me and told me to eat before I go as apparently the other guest doesn't want pizza either and she doesn't want to cook a whole pizza for just herself. Plus she finishes work after me and the other girl so we will both have time to eat before we go.

Although the other girl is being even more fussy than me and is only wanting salad!

So I guess it's problem averted! Ill still do the pitta pizzas as I can't be bothered to plan anything else now but I'm pleased that I stood my ground :)

Well well well......my friend has just messaged me and told me to eat before I go as apparently the other guest doesn't want pizza either and she doesn't want to cook a whole pizza for just herself. Plus she finishes work after me and the other girl so we will both have time to eat before we go.

Although the other girl is being even more fussy than me and is only wanting salad!

So I guess it's problem averted! Ill still do the pitta pizzas as I can't be bothered to plan anything else now but I'm pleased that I stood my ground :)

Good news :) x

Back