HELP! Going away on holiday for A MONTH!

wannabslim

Gold Member
What do I do?!

By the time I leave the UK for a month (3rd sept) I will have completed a good 3 weeks on CD (Im mainly SSing) and I dont want to undo all my good work. I cant afford to pay to do CD and eat as well, and I want to be able to eat out with OH while we are away in France.

Im not on SS because I need to steer clear of food completely for my head, I just need to lose weight FAST and this is the best way I can find of doing it, but I do like the control of having packs instead of food as it makes life easier! So i was thinking about maybe having a pack for brekkie to get me off to a good start, then fruit for lunch and a decent dinner and maybe a glass of wine. What do you think?

This said I also want to lose weight and not sure how best to do this. Any advice?

xx

Hi, I'm no expert but when i go away I have fruit for breakfast and try and have just fruit and some chicken for lunch and then i have what i want in the evening. I also only take clothes that fit me, nothing loose so i keep on track or I'll have nothing to wear! I go away for 2 wks all inclusive on 9th Sept to Mexico. I bet you are looking forward to your holiday x

Hey Maz,

Thanks for your reply! Do you find that eating that way you lose weight or maintain? Im so confused about what to do as really dont want to gain and ideally would like to lose a little whilst away too.

Im really looking forward to it but its sad that im gonna have to restrain myself so much what with all those french delicacies! AI in Mexico- wow, u lucky thing, makes camping in france seem ridiculous!

x

I still tend to gain a bit but I do go over the top a bit in the evening and do have exactly what I want. I even take my gym gear and go running every day. I think if you were more careful in the evening and not have all 3 courses like i do you could probably lose or maintain. It would be a shame to not enjoy your holiday x

Hmmm do u think i could lose if i had a tetra for breakfast, fruit for lunch and a good 2 course dinner or 1 course and a glass of wine? I too am planning to run but not sure if it'll happen x

Don't they say you need approx 2000 calories a day to maintain your weight, I know it depends on your size etc but i can't imagine a tetra, some fruit and a 2 course meal can do much damage even with a couple of glasses of plonk! You could always find some scales when you arrive and weigh yourself if you are worried and then try and weigh again after a week. At least then you'll know if the tetra, fruit and 2 course meal are helping you lose, maintain or gain :( not the nicest way to enjoy your hols but it sounds like coming back heavier in a month will upset you more. what do you think?

Hello :)

I know you're on holiday but it is possible to lose weight - Natayou did 790 when she was away I believe and came back with a loss.

Could you maybe do the 790 plan or the 1000 calorie plan mostly and then just have one or two nights a week when you have that holiday meal?

If say you did the 790/1000 cal during the week then Saturday and Sunday have your two course meal? Be warned though, don't drink alcohol if on 790, you have to have carbs if you are drinking.

yeah i think u might be right. my cdc recommended doing 1000 or another plan but its so complicated if im not cooking for myself that i think it would be easier to do my own cal controlled diet. will have another chat with her at WI.

to be honest im feeling a bit down thinking about it- and in a way im wishing i could postpone it for a bit! xx

yeah i think u might be right. my cdc recommended doing 1000 or another plan but its so complicated if im not cooking for myself that i think it would be easier to do my own cal controlled diet. will have another chat with her at WI.

to be honest im feeling a bit down thinking about it- and in a way im wishing i could postpone it for a bit! xx

When you say you're not cooking for yourself is this because you'll be eating out or because someone else is doing the cooking?

its because we are camping and have nothing with which to cook, so what we do eat will be cafe/restaurant food. i dont know if im just blowing this out of proportion but i just feel like this diet is a shadow looming over me- i want to go away and be able to eat like a "normal" person but i know i cant do that if im going to lose. Thats sort of why i feel like i almost wanna cancel and just wait until Im off this diet and back to normal to go away. Dont know how to tell OH tho as I had to persuade him so much to get him to agree and i think he will be upset if i tell him im not happy.

its because we are camping and have nothing with which to cook, so what we do eat will be cafe/restaurant food. i dont know if im just blowing this out of proportion but i just feel like this diet is a shadow looming over me- i want to go away and be able to eat like a "normal" person but i know i cant do that if im going to lose. Thats sort of why i feel like i almost wanna cancel and just wait until Im off this diet and back to normal to go away. Dont know how to tell OH tho as I had to persuade him so much to get him to agree and i think he will be upset if i tell him im not happy.

So you will be eating out mainly. Well it is possible to eat out and lose weight. You just have to make sensible choices. All you'd need to do is take it easy on the carbs and the fat and the cheese of course. IT's a whole month, just try and eat healthily as best you can. When you say you want to eat like a normal person, tell me how a normal person eats? Are you meaning a normal healthy weight healthy eating person? If so then there's nothing stopping you doing that. I have naturally slim friends that choose wisely when we eat out, if they're having a pudding (which is rare) they never eat the whole thing, they would never eat three courses and always choose the lighter options on the menu. That's how I see normal eating :)

You could still have a tetra for breakfast and even for lunch on some days and then have your evening meal.

:)

don't cancel your holiday, I always put off so much because of my weight and it never changes anything, i still struggle but miss out on doing so many great things! I don't even go to the cinema because i would want sweets and can't have them.

Hi WBS

Can't offer much in the way of advice but just wanted to say I have two hols coming up city break at the end of September and a week away in October and share all the same concerns as you. I think I've decided to go with three packs a day and then a healthy protein based meal in the evening to keep my husband company when we eat out. Will try to choose either chicken or fish with salad or vegetables and keep my fingers crossed re the weight loss. I too have had the same feelings of not wanting to go but have reasoned that life goes on and I have to learn to fit CD in around it sometimes as long as I can stick with it when I am here and do my best on holiday.

Georgie
x

Back