Help help help

dd82

Gold Member
Still not loosing 2nd week in a row and weight has not gone down even though had 1200 calories a day , I include everything on there tea the lot I am so fed up of this , I still have about 21lb to go so not even that close to target really ahhh

Don't panic, are you drinking water? Do you do any exercise?

Hi Water I am on about a litre a day and trying to increase it , I do walk about 30 to 40 mins a day but that's about it due to a back injury at the mo

Increase the water if you can as I still have to drink at least 2 litres a day and I'm maintaining.

If I don't drink what my body needs then I hold onto water and gain weight.

The best way to lose water weight is drink more water

Thank you I will give it a try , I do it easily on the summer but once it gets colder it goes down ,

Hi DD

Have you put your weight and height etc into My fitness Pal and is 1200 cals what you are allowed each day? If not do that first, and just make sure you have your cals that you are allowed. If you are burning cals each day and are only having 1200 then you will loose. Try increasing your exercise too. I notice that you have already lost weight, so see what changes you can make. x

Hi eternal

What ever I put in to lose it comes up 1200 or 1230 lol I add my walking on and eat them back otherwise it says I am eating to little I can't exercise at mo docs orders cos of back injury, the only thing is I have next to no treats at all , not sure weather to use some of my calories on goodies as I have next to no treats

Hi DD

I would count some of your cals for treats for sure.. Think of ways for reducing cals with other meals, like lunch or breakfast, or just varie it even. I stick to weetabix mini's during the week for brekkie, with work, as its quick and easy, but then at the weekend, will have a big breakfast and small lunch, low cal soups etc.. I've got 300 cals more then you and I do struggle to use them all if Im good lol.. As you've lost quite a bit, maybe you need to stop adding the cals on that you burn with walking, that might make jog them a bit more to drop on the scales. Good luck, im sure you'll find a way as you are doing so well at the moment. x

Ended up loosing the plot and having 1700 calories yesterday which is 500 over for the day but I am only 33 over for the week so at least I deserve it if it stays the same this week lol

I started out wanting to lose 2lb per week so my daily limit was 1230...oh my word I was STARVING!! So I changed my activity level to sedentary but also reduced my weight loss per week to just 1lb and now I'm on 1600. This = a happy me but still losing weight slowly but surely. Hope you find the thing which helps you to lose and I would DEFINITELY factor in some calories for treats. My usual is a can of coke :D

DD, at least you were within your weeks allowance. I know with many diets, SW and WW to name 2.. you can bank cals for end of the week, so I can't see this being much difference. Well done for staying within allowance, or almost anyway and hey.. just deduct 33 from tomorrows allowance. x

Lol thanks everyone I feel much better this morning for letting loose a bit and all I did today was have a roast dinner without the potatoes to cut back a bit , the other thing my calorie allowance is still coming up at 1230 at loosing 1 lb a week and sedentary it says I am only allowed 1600 to maintain !! That's why I am finding it so difficult because even though I am on a really low amount of cals I can only lose a lb and that's not even happening. Unless MFP has gone wrong and I should be eating more lol !

Eternalflame said:
DD, at least you were within your weeks allowance. I know with many diets, SW and WW to name 2.. you can bank cals for end of the week, so I can't see this being much difference. Well done for staying within allowance, or almost anyway and hey.. just deduct 33 from tomorrows allowance. x

It doesn't work like that, you can't carry calories over in that way, if you want to eat more just do some more exercise! If you continually carry over calories, I personally cannot see you having consistent losses, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you should start every day clear & work from that :)

I have just noticed your height and you're the same height as me (5ft) so may have the same issues as I did.

When on LL I lost 3lb a week where everyone else lost more. Then on calorie counting I lost a lot slower than the majority of others eating the same amount as me.

I am now at target, just under 9 stone and my maintenance is 1500 calories a day. It's the curse of being small I'm afraid. I just have to exercise when I want to eat more.

When on 1200 calories a day and under 10 stone I was lucky to lose 1lb a week

Thanks at least I know it's common when us shorties have a slow loss, I am aiming for 9.4 so still have. A little way to go but thanks for the reassurance

Back