Help I am about to start Lighter Life

:sigh: I have 6 stone to go!! thats the summer out of the way :cry: I am sure it will be worth it! just a bit unsure of the counselling - can anyone share there views and experiancewith me

:thankyou:

xxxxxxxxx

Lighter me - welcome to LL forum - you'll get loads of support here. I've lost 15lbs in 2 weeks ( next weigh in Tuesday) and feel fab for it. Not sure what I feel about the counselling yet - some of the DVD's are a bit cheesy but we have a good group and when discussing things after, we are starting to open up a bit. I think it helps you remain focused on the whole thing - some of it may be irrelevant but at the end of the day most will be helpful. I've still got about 6 stone to lose so we will be LL buddies!! I aim to go into management in September time ( obviously depending on how I'm doing) but i'm aiming for 3lb a week from now onwards, anymore and I'll be chuffed but as long as the 3 keep coming off I don't mind. So it will be an abstinent summer for me too - still it's only one summer out of the rest of our lives.

Good Luck

Lighter me - welcome to LL forum - you'll get loads of support here. I've lost 15lbs in 2 weeks ( next weigh in Tuesday) and feel fab for it. Not sure what I feel about the counselling yet - some of the DVD's are a bit cheesy but we have a good group and when discussing things after, we are starting to open up a bit. I think it helps you remain focused on the whole thing - some of it may be irrelevant but at the end of the day most will be helpful. I've still got about 6 stone to lose so we will be LL buddies!! I aim to go into management in September time ( obviously depending on how I'm doing) but i'm aiming for 3lb a week from now onwards, anymore and I'll be chuffed but as long as the 3 keep coming off I don't mind. So it will be an abstinent summer for me too - still it's only one summer out of the rest of our lives.

Good Luck

Thank you so much for that, I guess I wiil have to try it and see! alough I have thoughtr long and hard about doing the programme and from waht I can see, read and feel insidethere are so many positives!

Congrats:) on your already fantastic weight loss, alough I will be starting on Sunday my weigh day is Thursday! was off to the races and a nightout to night so I decided to start this sunday, my counsellor said those few day wont make that much difference, so I will keep you posted as to how I get on!

xx:D

Lighter Me, welcome! You have really found an excellent place for all the advice and support you could need!

As for our experiences, I know there have been some who have had a bad time with their LLC but tbh the group I am in is totally brill. My LLC is fantastic, very supportive, lots of positive strokes, good advice AND a sense of humour too! I have lost 3st 3lb in my first 8 weeks, so I am dead chuffed about that! I still have about 90lb or so to lose, so I guess I will miss out on this summer too!

Best of luck, and stick with Minis!!

I think it is the counselling that makes this diet different from anything else, and it is what is going to be what stops me putting it all back on.

Hi Lighterme and welcome - well done for choosing to do a VLCD, you'll soon be very thankful that you did when the weight starts falling off you.

The counselling is really good, our group (now in week 6) has really opened up to each other and there are some really interesting pieces of work that we're doing - in fact I've even realised things about myself that I never knew.

Keep on posting and letting us know how you're getting on.

Cath

Hi Lighterme- and welcome to the best support forum in the world. Wishing you luck on your VLCD journey and looking forward to reading about your successes!
Kx

Hi all

Im really entering into the swing of things and being totally computer ilterate I have managed to navigate the ticker site and added one to this email!:) well Im proud anyway! not sure what else to do with it, but hey! I am sure I will be looking for things to do the while away the hours where I have had food for a friend.

Can anyone share any counselling strories, positive and negative so I know what to expect or to look out for! I am going to start my diary tomorrow, I was hoping to have a great big "Pig out" tonight but I don't feel like it, it's amazing how when someones says you can have what you like to eat until sunday the whole thing looses its attraction! and what I like is to get all this weight off ASAP!:eek:

weight.png

Create Your Own Ticker

Hello!
In my experience the counselling is really good. Makes you ask questions about yourself you didn't even realise needed answering! My group is really supportive and I find it so helpful just to have a group of people there to support me.

Cath! I just noticed that we've lost exactly the same amount as each other and have a very similar weight left to lose! :)

Oh yes - we're in for the same journey. Are you feeling better now you're almost 2 1/2 stone down? I am, feel like I've much more life in me.

Cath

Hiya Lighterme
just popping in to send positive vibes your way for tomorrow.

First few days can be tough for some, fingers crossed you'll be one of the lucky ones, who won't tho!. Stick with it , coz it's sooo worth it...

get shaking girlie :p

Last edited:
Hiya Lighterme
just popping in to send positive vibes your way for tomorrow.

First few days can be tough for some, fingers crossed you'll be one of the lucky ones, who won't tho!. Stick with it , coz it's sooo worth it...

get shaking girlie :p

:cool: off to bed now, feeling great about tomorrow! looking forward to looking at me and my eating rather than ignoring it and carrying on regardless:(

I have been through the fridge and the cupboards telling everything inside that "I don't like you anyway!" because you make me FAT!" inside my head not out loud of course, my husband thinks I am mad anyway, don't want him calling for the men in white coats already:rolleyes: in a few weeks the straight jacket will be to big for me anyway! so I have convinced him to wait a while :) ha ha.

Got my bottle of water by the bed so I start to drink that vast amount of water each day as soon as I wake , my packs are in a basket on the kitchen side and tomorow moring I shall have my first Lighter Life shake!!:eek:

Wish me luck! thank you for your support, glad I found you all!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Good luck for your first day Lighter Me!

I started LL back in August last year and, like you mentioned, it took me a few months to finally commit to it.

I have lost over 100 lbs to get to goal and am well pleased!:D

What attracted me and made me curious was wondering why the people featured in the LL magazines KEPT THE WEIGHT OFF. That was the one thing I could never, ever do. I could never, ever get to goal either. Thirty years of failed dieting hade made me lose the plot with food and eating.

Here are a few stats for you to think about:-

Before: Size 24 After: Size 12
Before: BMI >40 After: BMI <24
Before: Body Fat 49% After: Body Fat 25%
Before: 17.13 stone After: 10.6 stone

I am so pleased that you are going to do a diary Lighter Me. It will be a big help not just for you (I found writing everything down really helpful), but for everyone else who is doing or is preparing to do LL. Your experiences will be a real inspiration.

I am glad too that you didn't have a 'blow out' and scoff everything in sight before you started! It means you may minimise any side effects (like headaches) from any carb withdrawal. They only last a few days, but are unpleasant at the time.

Please maximise your chance of success by following the 'rules'. Four packs a day, four litres (at least) of water a day, and that doesn't include black tea or coffee drunk. Attend all the meetings, do the homework, come on Minis any time you need help, advice, or want to tell us about your day!

Good Luck, speak to you soon!

Hello Lighter Me ,
Good luck for tomorrow. I started on Wednesday and have had some major highs and lows but I have weighed myself and I know it is going to be worth it. I'm finding the 1sts hard (1st time in the pub drinking mineral water, 1st time at the cimema without popcorn etc) but I know now I have done them that I can do this for 100 days.
Please keep in touch it is nice to hear from others going through the same thing.

Oh yes - we're in for the same journey. Are you feeling better now you're almost 2 1/2 stone down? I am, feel like I've much more life in me.

Cath

I'm having trouble seeing the difference in myself, I've always had a distorted body image which has meant when I've lost weight in the past I haven't felt any better about myself.
I am beginning to feel a bit better about myself now just because the people closest to me keep saying they can see the difference. I've also noticed just during this last week that all my clothes are suddenly too big! Dunno what I'm gonna wear 'cos I can't afford to buy any clothes at the moment. Will just have to look scruffy until I have some money :eek:
I think also I feel more confident in myself, like I'm becoming who I should've been all along :confused:

Gemma

Like you I can't see much difference in myself, apart from I can see things like my hands look slimmer but overall can#t see a difference though others are noticing it now. Re the buying new clothes, I'm just buying odd bits from the sales racks.

I don't think I'm any more confident in myself yet but hopefully that will come over time.

Cath

Hey Lighter me!

Its no big secret that I have really struggled with Lighter life, my 100 days finished today BUT I couldn't have done it without this little lot on here.

Stay here for all the support in the world and you will go far!

Much luck!

Hia Pixie!

Congratulations on achieving 100 days, hun!

I'm looking at your 'mood' -where is that lovely beaming happy smile??? Why are you feeling 'crappy'?

Are you going straight on to Management. I see from your tracker you have just over a stone to lose, you could lose most of that over the next few weeks, you know.

What's the plan, Pixie?

Good morning Lighter Me,

And welcome to LighterLife!

You've made a great step towards taking control of your life and trust me, you won't regret it. I'm relatively new to this - 7 weeks today - but the benefits are already overwhelming... I walk better, have oodles of energy, have a great skin, I've lost 6' off my waist and, most of all, I have found that there is hope.

If you stick to it you'll see yourself change under your very eyes!:bliss:

Back