Help! I think I want to change from LL to CD

andismale

Hi all
Would appreciate some advice. I have been on LL for 5 weeks and have lost 18lbs. The diet is great, however I am not keen on the Counsellor and the counselling goes straight over my head. I do not understand any of it and find it extremely boring. My group are lovely and I wish we could just all talk amongst ourselves as I find this much more inspiring than the therapy. I originally went for LL because I thought I needed to have the counselling and the Management progaramme. Please can you tell me if any of you have done the same and whether you can keep the weight off if you do not do the Managament Programme, also how you run yours ie; ss or + meals.
Thank you so much, do not want to make a huge mistake.
Andrea

Well done on your 18lb loss so far.

I started on LL, as did Icemoose and quite a few others on here, then transferred to CD. Personally I did it because of cost, more flavours and not finding the CBT much help to me. There are plenty of people who need that and benefit and for them LL offers the best option.

If you transfer to CD, when you reach your target weight you should be helped by your CDC to go up through the plans - 790/1000/1200/1500 until you are eating normally and ideally then you would look at a low Gi type diet to continue to keep your weight stable.

As with any diet the key is eating the amount of calories used in energy. So if you regularly eat more than 2000 calories and don't burn the excess off, you will regain weight.

Good luck with your decision - if there is anything else you want to know - ask. And I wish you well whether it is with LL or CD.

Hi

I completed 100 days of LL before switching to CD, like you I didn't find the CBT very inspiring. Our counsellor was pleasant enough but just read from her notes and didn't really seem able to elaborate on points raised, I felt the CBT in this case was not worth the extra money. I got on so well with my group that 18 months on and we all still meet up once a week for a gossip!

I've never quite made it to target -my fault- not CD, so have never stabilised my weight properly; but that's another story!

CD works in the same way as LL in that you must stabilise carefully as you re-introduce food. Your CDC will guide you through this. If you follow the rules you'll continue to lose weight at the same rate as on LL and you will not regain it.

Differences between CD and LL:

CD usually one-one with C instead of group therapy.
No official CBT but most CDC's are great and will really help you keep your head in the right place.
COST!
Choice of flavours
Real chocolate on the bars!

Hope this info helps you reach a decision and well done on your weight loss so far.

Thak you for this, I have sent an email to my nearest counsellor, would prefer to change straight over and not have a rest.
Andrea

Yes it is best to change and go from one to the other with no break and eating carbs inbetween.

The other main difference is CD packs are 40g x3 where as you'll have been used to 30g x4 - just half one of your packs if you prefer 4 meals.

Good luck!

Back