Help if possible

Hi

Im new to slimming world and this fab site and was wondering if anyone could advise me on what are the best books to buy to keep me on the straight and narrow.
Any help would be mucha appreciated. There is lots of fab info on here so glad I found it.
Thanks x

Ahh no I should have explained better, it was really just the books that would help me with my shopping etc as I heard Slimming World had some books like that - hope that helps a bit more - sorry. Thanks x

the extra easy cook book is great, and i'ev heard great things about the family feasts for a fiver book, i've ordered that!

The main book that you need is the food optimising one you get when you register, if you dont go to a group this will be the best one to buy! It can be quite steep to get online and tbh your better to go to a group pay the £10 which pays to that night, to get things explained to you, and gives you a pack with the main book and some little ones.

Good luck on your journey!!

xx

By books do you mean the 'Starter Pack' that you get as a new member at class? Even if you never go back to class in your life, I would highly recommend going to at least one class, paying your fee and membership, check out local paper and SW website for current deals, and go and get the pack - it's fab and has all the info you need in it. You need never go back to class and then just use this fabulous forum for any advice, hints, tips etc. that you need to succeed in your SW journey - hope that helps? xxx

I also agree. It's really worth going to just one class, if you really don't want to go to more to get the starter pack.
While you are there you could also buy some of the recipe books at a cheaper price that you could buy on line.

p.s. hello fellow woodsy/woodsey!

i have the food directory and i find it great especially just before i go shopping cause i can look up what i want to buy as it is all listed per shop eg sections for asda sainsburys tesco waitrose ect ect..
defo recomended! i also bought the ee cookbook ... its ok but im sure you can get the same receipes online
hope this helps

There is also 2 small books like the directory which fit in your hand bag! One is free foods, listed by store or brand and then in alphabetical order.

The other is 5 syns or less snacks, written the same. They're really good for a bit of inspiration and handy to check what you've just picked up!

Better than that they're only £1.95 each in class!

xx

Thank you so much for all your help on this, I work funny shifts so trying to find a class when I can go is quite hard so I thought I would try the books. Thanks alot for the info and this site is fab - think ill book a day off and go to a class even if its just the one as you say. Thanks again x

The main book that you need is the food optimising one you get when you register, if you dont go to a group this will be the best one to buy! It can be quite steep to get online and tbh your better to go to a group pay the £10 which pays to that night, to get things explained to you, and gives you a pack with the main book and some little ones.

Good luck on your journey!!

xx

You just need to be a bit careful as there is a SW recipe book called Food Optimising (has orange lettering on the front) and this is not the one you should be getting. It doesn't have the nuts and bolts of the SW plan in it and is now out of date as it was published before EE came into being. :)

You just need to be a bit careful as there is a SW recipe book called Food Optimising (has orange lettering on the front) and this is not the one you should be getting. It doesn't have the nuts and bolts of the SW plan in it and is now out of date as it was published before EE came into being. :)

Sorry by this i meant the original 'starter pack' books you get at SW rather than books you purchase ie recipe etc.

xx

Yeah, I know you did several people have bought the wrong one on ebay or amazon so I thought it best just to clarify. :)

Back