Help - I'm frightened to eat.

After a year on and off of WW not being successful for me and nobody really working out why I started SW Monday of this week.

I have done it before (many years ago though!) so know the fundamentals.

I'm frightened to make myself decent meals as worried it will make me gain weight rather than lose (which is what happened on WW - last week I did it I gained 3lb!!!) I do have a very sedentary job but have joined my local leisure centre and I know this will help.

Am having weetabix and fruit for breakfast, fruit or yogurt mid morning, bit of meat with salad at lunch (mainly red days), fruit or yogurt mid afternoon then meat and salad for tea.

I see all the recipes and blogs with pics of food you eat and I'm terrified if I make it I'll just gain so much weight and will fail at this too.

Sorry for the whinge I just SO want this to work.

Sparklycat who's not so sparkly today :cry:

You may not be eating enough - if your body doesn't get enough fuel it goes into 'starvation mode' and hangs on to the fat that you would be losing if you were eating properly.

You need to trust SW, and follow the diet 100% it really does work, all the posters on this forum will tell you that, so relax and try to eat more food, and you will see the weight starting to come off.

SW is like any diet, stick to it properly and you WILL lose weight. I take it the 'decent meals' you made while you did WW took you over your points??

As Donnie said, it sounds like youre not eating enough, dont fall into the trap of thinking the less you eat the more youll lost - it doesnt work like that.

Read up on how SW works and follow it to the letter, enjoy what youre eating - it DOES work :)

i poseted a similar thread called 'guilt' as thats how i feel on SW~ so i know exactly what you mean - but i've been told to put my trust in the plan for a few weeks so i can only suggest the same to you chick - we're all afraid of gaining weight but reading peoples successes you have to believe in it x

Thank you, I'm glad you can understand how I feel!

I didn't go over my points on WW, by decent meal I just meant something more than a few pieces of chicken and a few tomatoes (what I ate today for lunch!). If I'm dieting I stick to it 100% and don't deviate. I know I've lost weight this week but I think that is just what I binge ate on Sunday after a rather horrid WW weigh in!

I'll trust the plan and hope the weight comes off. Some of the meals you've all cooked look lovely and I'm desperate to try syn free chips!

Ok, so you need to learn to trust the plan, you will never stick to this longterm eating the same things, there are so many choices, have a nosy at the food diaries and get some ideas.... You need to eat lots for this plan to work - remember your speed foods! good luck

fry light is a blessing! we're here if you need us!! whats your weigh day?? i've been struggling but this week i'm taking the plunge and eating lots! which scares the life outta me! but i weigh on monday so we'll see x

What you also need to stop doing is comparing this plan to WW Hun. With SW you can eat!! Lol.
You just need to forget everything else that you have learnt and go with the flow.
If you fancy a meal from something that you have seen..make it..I can guarantee that you wont gain.

xxx

Oh honey - been there done that and got the t-shirt!

I've been where you are, only having meat and salad (and that would be 1 slice of ham, a bit of lettuce, 1 tomato and 4 slices of cucumber!:eek:) for lunch and dinner and it would be a yoghurt for brekkie, an apple after each meal and that would be all!!

Please trust the plan i first did it 6.5 years ago and lost 2.5 stone no problem and i ate like a horse. I also joined again last year and lost 2 stone but came back from holiday pg and stopped going (i should of kept going)

I rejoined again on Tuesday and although i do not eat eat eat, i make large meals SW friendly (usually syn free) and my partner and 5 year old daughter love them!

Tonight i'm making my dd's fave, tuna pasta bake (free on GREEN AND EE) and it is yuuuummy! I also tuck into huge Sunday roasts, chillis, spag bol, pasta carbonara, chips and egg, cooked brekkies and homemade kievs, soups, meatballs. Fry light is a god send - and you've just got to learn how to make things from scratch rather than use a packet or jar and you can't go far wrong.

I came off the plan in August as we were going on holiday and when we got back i had my partner and daughter in hospital and i was also in hospital. I lived off takeaways and pre packed sandiches etc when visiting. I've embarrasingly put on a stone - BUT returned to group as i was starting to just eat a yoghurt here and peice of fruit there!

GOOD LUCK HUNNI, this place is fabby for support!

What you also need to stop doing is comparing this plan to WW Hun. With SW you can eat!! Lol.
You just need to forget everything else that you have learnt and go with the flow.
If you fancy a meal from something that you have seen..make it..I can guarantee that you wont gain.

xxx

Definately!!!

I ate hardly anything when I first started and lost nothing. Only by following the wise women (and men) on this site did I start eating and losing.

Trust the plan. Trust the Miniminners. Eat. One of He Who Thinks He's Boss's favourite sayings was/is: "Are you eating again?" and yup, I was - with a plate piled high!

You can do it! Get those HexAs and Bs eaten!! I promise you you'll not be sorry.

Back