Help!!! Im really struggling!!

Nicola85

Iv got so much weight to lose, & I just can't see the light at the end of the tunnel!! Iv done w w before & lost 4stone, so I no it works! Iv been trying to get back into it & I no once I've it the first few weeks out of the way i'l b fine, but I'm really really struggling to get started!

Help! :s does anyone have any motivational tips?!

Thanks nic xxxxxxxx

I made myself a huge piece of card and put photos of myself thin and also fat photos. I also have a photo of the scales when I was at my heaviest. This then reminds myself why I am putting myself through this.
Also on this card is a place to record all my WI and measurements, so I can see the progress I am making.
I have set myself a challenge each month. Jan was no alcohol, Feb is to complete 30 day shred. I have also signed up to challenges on this site.
I have rewards planned for reaching small mini goals.

This card is located on my dressing table, so I have to look at it every day.

Good luck, I'm sure once you get your head in the right frame of mind you'll be fine :)

Thanks for the advice! I shall b printing some photos off this eve & making my own card :) & I love the photo on the scales idea! :)

I used to have a chart on my fridge & plot what I lost & where I need to be, but the journey always looks sooo far :( so I think i'l just stick to numbers :)

How r u doing on your journey?

Nic xxxx

I'm fairly motivated still, could do a bit better with the exercise thou! :)

Good luck with your motivation. It will be a long journey, but well worth it when you get there x

Hiya,
This is my 3rd time round in ww, I lost 4 stone first time round, since then I've had 2 kids, then tried again, but couldn't get motivated, so here I am again, 3rd time round, I'm determind to stick to it, as like you, know it works.
There will be a light at the end of the tunnel and it will be so worth it.
Maybe take a picture of yourself at the start and then once a month and look at the difference of yourself..that's what I used to do, also measure yourself, so even if you don't 'feel' like you have lost, you can see it in the measurements. Time does fly, although it seems like a long haul, it will go quickly.
Just take it day by day. X

Hiya minniminx :) thanks for the advice.

I know the time will fly by so I no iv got to get my act together & get on track :) I've already got my wedding dress, but we had to put the wedding back a year as my mum was in intensive care :( , & I've put on weight since I bought it! I just think i'l never fit in it :( even tho I've only put on 1 stone :( but I get sooo upset about it then end up stuffing my face :(

Are you doing a food diary on here? I'm wondering if that might help :s

Well ww starts 2mro! Got a day off 2mro so I can get meals planned shopping done & even make a few meals for the freezer, so I don't cheat when the OH is on nights!! & I'm going to take the lil one shopping with me, to the shops 30mins walk away, even though we live behind a sainsburys!!! The walk will do us both good!

How are you doing minniminx?

Xxx

This is a tip I used:

When I had lost 20lb back in September I bought my Xmas doo dress (it had nothing to do with the fact it was reduced to £10 from £40...honest!!!) and vowed I would fit in it by the time. I did. Since pp came in, my weight loss has slowed right down and even started going in wrong direction. When I felt like giving up, I pictured that dress (and all the other pretty clothes in my wardrobe) and that spurred me on to keep going!

Keep going Hun, you can do it!!!! x

Thanks to everyone who has posted on here, I am struggling too, and I have found loads of good ideas to get remotivated. I have been struggling to get back since putting weight on at Christmas, but can't seem to get my brain in gear. I kept a pair of trousers I wore when I was at my heaviest, maybe I should hang them on my wardrobe door as a reminder of where all this extra food will lead me if I don't get my act together. I'll hang them beside a party dress I wore when I reached goal so the difference is staring me in the face when I wake up. I am also going to work on the photo board idea, so thank you all for the inspiration. It's good to come in here and find people who understand.

pollyg said:
Thanks to everyone who has posted on here, I am struggling too, and I have found loads of good ideas to get remotivated. I have been struggling to get back since putting weight on at Christmas, but can't seem to get my brain in gear. I kept a pair of trousers I wore when I was at my heaviest, maybe I should hang them on my wardrobe door as a reminder of where all this extra food will lead me if I don't get my act together. I'll hang them beside a party dress I wore when I reached goal so the difference is staring me in the face when I wake up. I am also going to work on the photo board idea, so thank you all for the inspiration. It's good to come in here and find people who understand.

Sounds a great idea. Good luck on your journey x

i have picture's of models inside my kitchen presses,,i have passport photo's of me stuck onto the models heads and a size 10 sticker from an old top stuck up next to them so everytime i reach for a biscuit i see me with the models body,,everyone laughs when they see it but i dont care,,i WILL be that model:D

i have picture's of models inside my kitchen presses,,i have passport photo's of me stuck onto the models heads and a size 10 sticker from an old top stuck up next to them so everytime i reach for a biscuit i see me with the models body,,everyone laughs when they see it but i dont care,,i WILL be that model:D

You nearly are that model yummy you have done soo well, I know your not happy with the sts but I bet you feel so much better when you look at how fantastic you have done.

Last edited:
You nearly are that model yummy you have done soo well, In know your not happy with the sts but I bet you feel so much better when you look at how fantastic you have done.
thanks so much,,i just feel since pro points came in everything has kinda come to a standstill!! i am pretty happy though,,today i'm wearing a new dress size 14,,was reduced to €7 so couldnt leave it in the shop:Dbut it's too big,,it's grey so i put a purple jumper under it and purple tights,,i've never looked so colourful:D:D

Iv got so much weight to lose, & I just can't see the light at the end of the tunnel!! Iv done w w before & lost 4stone, so I no it works! Iv been trying to get back into it & I no once I've it the first few weeks out of the way i'l b fine, but I'm really really struggling to get started!

Help! :s does anyone have any motivational tips?!

Thanks nic xxxxxxxx

Try to have smaller goals, instead of thinking you want to lose x amount by september and then it seeming like a long hard struggle, try doing it in 7lb goals. Do a ticker for 14lb and then you will see your weight coming off on it quicker than doing one for all your weight - I aim for my silver sevens, the silver 7 at the bottom of peoples signature, I know ive gots loads of them to get but I concentrate on getting one at a time, im 4 lb off getting my next one, WI monday so that keeps me going (bite sized goals, pardon the pun!)

I also think about all the thinks that I miss out on due to my size and lack of confidence and how I will do all those things and more once again when I get this weigh off.

Read your WW stuff and come on here as often as you can, i make sure I never eat online so it helps me as the time goes by really quick on here. Chating to a friend on the phone also helps me to stop eating. Have your little low fat treat in for when you want them instead of high fat junk, I now don't buy crap as if it's in I eat it - carrots already peeled and chopped in fridge with a low fat humous or salsa dip, fat free yogurt ( I freeze mine for a bit so it lasts longer) BNS it also a fav of mine - and sip plenty of water throughout the day to fill you up - good luck lady, you know you can do it.

Thank u all soo much for the help :) I'm feeling much more motivated now :)

Iv made a chart to plot my progress but only put 1 stone on the chart, i'l do a new one when I reach that!

:) x

I know how you feel. I had a two to three month break and I and seriously struggling with the diet. Just ask yourself if this is something that you really want. You have done it before and I am sure you can do it again. Give yourself little mini goals to achieve rather than saying that you have 5½ stone to lose.

Good luck with your weight loss journey and I hope you reach your goal.

I know how you feel. I had a two to three month break and I and seriously struggling with the diet. Just ask yourself if this is something that you really want. You have done it before and I am sure you can do it again. Give yourself little mini goals to achieve rather than saying that you have 5½ stone to lose.

Good luck with your weight loss journey and I hope you reach your goal.

I agree, I give myself mini goals like 1st silver seven, 5% off, and my 1st was to get through the 1st week - you can do it and we are here to help eachother, you deserve to be the weight you want and after you get through this 1st goal you will feel so much better when you see the scales going down, good luck.

Back