Help! I'm so hungry!

Hi guys
im on day two and I'm struggling. I don't like the shakes. The smell makes me heave and I can't get more than half down. I'm drinking plenty of water. I just feel so hungry and so weak for feeling hungry. Can anyone offer some advice?

Hmm, no advice (Im only on day 1) but the shakes are YUK!

Hopefully they get better x

I'm on day 5 and I feel much better today. The only shake i really like is the chocolate one and I find it better to add 500ml of water to it to make it really thin rather than the 240ml they suggest. This also helps to up my water intake. You must drink plenty of water, this helped me to feel better in the first couple of day. I'm drinking about 3.5 litres a day. The minimum you must drink is 2 litres. Try your best to get all your shake down you and hang in there the more days you can get through the better you will feel. Have a look through this site I know some people prefer mixing just a bit of water to the shakes to make them more of a moose, or adding hot water instead of cold. Keep going!

Busy Mum

several different ways you can try the shakes hunny, i didnt like the strawberry at all, but really enjoy mine now i have doctored them, stick at it, the more the weight comes off the better you will feel, trust me, i know xx

Dizzy- what do you do to your shakes to make them more bearable?

This works for me, but doesnt for everyone as we all have different tastes
firstly I use more water than stated,
Vanilla shake- I make a coffee with two spoons of coffee and two sweeteners ( only have one when drinking coffee but seems to be better with two this way) I then mix my shake in a blender with the coffee, water and loads of ice, makes like a chilled latte, I also do this with the chocolate one to make a chilled mocha.
Chocolate - I make a peppermint tea, once again with two sweeteners, and whizz this in blender with the cho shake and lots of ice, very yummie choco mint
The Soup, i make pipping hot, once again in the blender so no lumps and i do add some tabasco, this isnt on the list of allowed things, and if you are worried than i wouldnt do it but has never effected my losses and i love spicy food.
I do have the flap jacks, they are hard to get down and i only find the peanut one bareable but i have it in halves, so i make a half a vanilla shake latte as above and then have half a flapjack with it, then repeat that the next day, I only have 3 or 4 flapjacks a week but just find it breaks things up a bit.
As said I didnt like the strawberry one so i dont have them.
Some people make the shakes thick like mousse, some freeze them like icecream some just get them down fast as they cant stand them, its all about finding what is right for you, I tried doing the porridge, which is half a shake made thick and microwaved til warm then crumble in half a flapjack, this i didnt much like, but others do, try things and see xx

Thanks for the info xxx

the shakes do get better as you go along - i remember the first week i thought they were vile, the only way i could describe them is they were like someone added a big spoon of salt and baking soda to them! but i didn't breath through my nose and just swallowed them in about 3 / 4 gulps! im on week 4 now and i actually really enjoy the shakes - it takes your taste buds a while to adjust to them but once they do they are actually quite nice! (having said that tho i still can't stomach the chicken soup... blahhh... lol )
and you need to take your shakes to keep your energy up - your body wont go into ketosis otherwise. the shakes contain all the energy our bodys need to function throughout the day so they are essential part of the diet...
hope this helps...

Have to agree with Neaady and the 'not breathing through your nose' initially. Sounds ridiculous but they do get better the longer you're on them. I did this before and it was the only way I could tolerate them in the first week but it worked and your taste buds adjust accordingly. You have to look at the shakes as fuel rather than food, I think, and not expect too much of them initially regarding pleasure!! It's the pleasure in food that has us all where we are!!!!!
Thanks for the tweeking suggestions Dizzy, I'll be trying a few of those:D
Stick with it girls it does get easier, you're in the worst possible place time wise at the moment but when Ketosis kicks in things will get easier to manage. Just remind yourselves why you decided to start this a couple of days ago ;)

I gag every time I have mine (I only have chocolate ones) and I've done 3 weeks of them!! I just gulp em down as fast as possible, just like you do with medicine and then follow it up with a big swig of water and then a nice ot cup of peppermint tea.

It does help to have the shake water icy cold so maybe try putting it in the freezer for 30mins before you have it.

I must be a little odd (no change there)...I love the chicken soup. I find the shakes OK (would not choose them on a menu though, hehe) but the taste of them is not my main concern which helps. x

I love the soup and hate the shakes but manage to get them down lol :)

I love the shakes and I'm ok with the chicken soup every now and then. Tonight I'm hungry and feel so tempted. Think I'll go and make a peppermint tea.

I find the shakes fine and am enjoying the chocolate one hot seen as I dont drink coffee and won't have tea without milk hopefully this will keep up

Wow I really love the chicken soup!! And my vanilla lattes!! I love the chocolate one aswell! Strawberry is my least fave but I wouldn't say it was bad! That's my problem you see, I'll eat anything and there's nothing I don't like so this is why I am on LT!! Day 5 for me and it is a lot easier now than at the beggining :) I just keep positive and know that the results are going to be amazing! It's not forever :) good luck xxx

Back