Help - I've come to work without my bar!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by Jaycey, 23 April 2009 Social URL.

1. Jaycey

Jaycey Post-Menopausal Maniac!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    The 'Jaycey Diet'!
    I usually throw a bar in my handbag the night before I go to work, but I was distracted last night and forgot. I remembered as I was driving along, and by then it was too late!
    :character00182:
    :d'oh:

As a substitute (as I'm still on SS) I'm wondering if it's OK for me to buy a SlimFast bar and eat that instead. Or are there any other kinds or bars that you can buy? Has anyone (esp. CDCs) got any ideas? (It is is only a one-off - I shan't forget again! And I only work one day a week, too - what a dork!
    :doh:)

It's about the only time when I've wished I could buy CD in Boots or Superdrug, lol! :eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jaycey

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    The 'Jaycey Diet'!
    Come on, you lot - I'm going to lunch in 20 minutes!! :rolleyes:

4. Chelsea Lou

Chelsea Lou Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(11.66%)
    Diet:
    Eat Less, move more
    I would go and grab a small can of tuna in spring water. Lots of protein, calorie count, very similar to a bar, probably less actually. xx

5. Jaycey

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    The 'Jaycey Diet'!
    Good idea, Lorrayne - but it's foood, help! :eek: (Still, I'm sure that one little tin of tuna won't tempt me from the straight and narrow - even birthday cake didn't!)

Just a sidetrack - there was yet another obesity programme on the TV the other night, and they were talking to a gastric band surgeon, who was trying to re-educate his patients. Guess what he has for lunch every day? A tin of tuna, lol!! (You're obviously spot on there, clever girl! :D)

6. slinkysarah2b

slinkysarah2b wants big losses!

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Yes I would do the same! Oh what a bummer!

All the best

7. leona

leona Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(19.35%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Can you get to Boots and get an Atkins bar, Jaycey? They're very very similar to the CD bars, I've had one now and then if i've forgotten my bar!

8. Jaycey

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    The 'Jaycey Diet'!
    I actually did end up with a SlimFast bar, because that's all I could get in the time. (Lunch hour ended up being cut very short, only supermarket other end of town - but Superdrug just round the corner! :eek: And didn't see any Atkins bars in there?)

It was quite nice actually - chocolate and rice crispy type things on it. I got the lowest calorie one (206 calories - I don't know what a CD bar is), but one of the reasons I got it is because they're nutritionally balanced, like our bars. I thought, at least with this I go some way towards getting the same amount of vitamins/minerals etc. that a CD bar gives.

So hopefully not too much harm done!
    :eek:

Last edited: 23 April 2009
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.