help ive lost it

mumto1

i have completely lost it so fed up with self :cry:
started back on 8th march managed 5 days then blew it but lost 8lbs so was pleased but then it dawned on me that if id been good the weeks previous i would be atleast 1 stone lighter than i was last week, this has then started me off picking all week and i havent even managed 1 day. i really want to do this and complete my journey and shift all the weight but i just cant seem to manage it. any tips woud be brill.
ive got wi tomorrow and no i have gained i really want to do next week 100% then i will be in the 16, if id done this week i would be there as i weigh 17 3/4lbs :mad:

any tip please xxxxxxxxxxxxx

i have completely lost it so fed up with self :cry:
started back on 8th march managed 5 days then blew it but lost 8lbs so was pleased

And you should be. You proved to yourself you could stick to the SS until you were in ketosis -- which is really difficult.

but then it dawned on me that if id been good the weeks previous i would be atleast 1 stone lighter than i was last week,

Please do not do this to yourself. You need to say, "So what" to those thoughts. Think, "I'm doing this now and I WILL lost this weight."

this has then started me off picking all week and i havent even managed 1 day.

Draw a line under it - and get back at right now. The time to stop is the moment you realise that what you are doing isn't going to get you where you want to be.

As a historian, I can tell you that although we can "rewrite history" -- it doesn't really change. So, here is one of my favourite quotes:

[Rafiki hits Simba on the head]
Simba: What was that for?
Rafiki: It doesn't matter, it's in the past.
Simba: Yeah, but it still hurts.
Rafiki: Yes, the past can hurt, but the way I see it, you either run from it, or learn from it.
[swings his stick at Simba again who ducks out of the way]
Rafiki: Ah! You See? So what are you going to do?

So, Mumto1... learn from this experience and try really hard to stay the course.

i really want to do this and complete my journey and shift all the weight but i just cant seem to manage it. any tips woud be brill.

Do you have Judith Beck's book, The Beck Diet Solution? It deals with all the issues you are experiencing and is very helpful. There is a Beck thread on CD maintenance discussing Beck.

ive got wi tomorrow and no i have gained i really want to do next week 100% then i will be in the 16, if id done this week i would be there as i weigh 17 3/4lbs :mad:

So, if you get back it -- you will (at some point) be in the 16s, then 15s, then 13s, etc. We are not in a race, and if we were: remember the tortoise not the hare won the big race!

any tip please xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I hope this helps -- I have been in your shoes and presently very slowly relosing the weight I allowed myself to regain. Instead of beating myself up for regaining it, I am praising myself for being willing to do something about it.

I am trying to focus on the fact that the longer it takes me to lose the regain, the more time I have to learn how to keep it off. Which I did not do for very long the last time (less than an entire year).

MM

{{{{Hugs}}}}

Stop being so hard on yourself for a start x

The best and worst thing about doing Cambridge is that you can lose and gain several pounds in a matter of days. The trouble is, in the early days many of those pounds aren't 'real'. They're reflecting changes in water balance, that's all. But for those of us that allow the scales to set our mood for the day (yes, I'm guilty! :eek:), it's really hard to keep that in mind.

In context, all you've done is set reaching your goal back by exactly the number of days you've not been on plan. So instead of reaching goal on say September 12th, you might not get there until September 16th.

So what? :)

Four days. Nothing - not if you're like me and you've been overweight for years. Draw a line - hey if you have to, grab a piece of paper and literally draw one with a pen or pencil. And then resolve exactly when and how you're going to get back on track. Even if you decide not to get back on track until tomorrow, don't make that a reason to eat everything in sight for the rest of today, cos that'll only make getting back into ketosis even harder.

You mentioned the word 'journey' - well, think of this as your car breaking down on the way to Slimville. No one's saying that you're not going to reach your destination - cos once the repairman's been out and done that whistling thing through his teeth, you'll be back on the road in no time.

But number one tip - be gentle to yourself. There's no more reason to hit yourself over the head because you've had a few 'off days' than there there would be to hit that broken down car with a spanner. It doesn't help to get things moving again, does it? :)

You can do this.

Hey don't be so hard on yourself. We have all had day's week's months and in my case even years when we think what is the point in diets:confused:

My sticky point was always day 3 of any diet & I would make an excuse to have something I know was not on the list it was very childish as I could hear the arguement in my head that I work hard and deserve to eat what I like.

I do work hard but I can't eat what I like all the time my body is an amazing machine and I decided I would not put un leaded in my diesel car so I was not going to fuel myself on rubbish.

My treats are no longer food related, I own a lovely pair of Christian Louboutin shoes, and some Jimmy Choo Uggs. I have a bit of a shoe thing and those are my rewards for not buying snacks, takeaways and wine :D

You have not lost it as you have not given up ;) You are here..

I think this forum is fab I find so much inspiration from people's journeys and I love the challenges they have so helped me stay on track and would recommend joining a challenge and hey if you loose or not that week your fellow challengers are living the week with you:D

Take a day at a time and it will all click into place for you as it is something you want for you, and your not walking away until it's done & you are @ goal:D

We will have to join in the maintance battle then hey :D

thanks you all for you very helpful replies i really needed them xxxxxxxx

ive just got back from wi and am really please i only put on 0.25lbs so that will definatly be off for next week. i have promised myself that i will do this week 100% and treat myself to a new pair of flipflops (not a cheap pair either lol) after wi next week.

so far today i have had a mint choc bar and 2ltrs of water, off to make some ice lollys in a min for later.

thanks again for the advice xxxx

Back