Extra Easy Help, i've lost my drive!

Really need some advice here please. I started slimming world 7 weeks ago and up until last Tuesday i had lost 1 stone 9lbs and was loving the plan. This week i havent had one whole day on plan and cant seem to muster any enthusiasm. Im sure there are others who have felt the same way so can anyone please give me some words of wisdom to get back on track before i ruin what ive acheived so far. Many thanks in advance xxx

If I was you I would just mentally draw a line under in and continue determined to achieve. Everyone has low points like this, I know I have, but try to write it off and start a fresh!

A food diary would also help you to see where you are going wrong. Good luck.

I'm on week 9 and this week I was feeling a bit "meh" about it. I stuck to plan anyway, and got my stone award on Wed, which has now spurred me on again. I don't want to undo what I've done, and I've a long way to go yet. I've been enjoying the food and the plan, and feel healthier, but just felt a bit off.

You've had a great loss so far, have people started to notice yet? TBH I've so much to lose that people won't see much difference yet, BUT some of my clothes are now too big (isn't that the BEST feeling?), and some clothes that were too tight are now fitting. That keeps me going.

I plan to spend some time this weekend going through the big stuff and off loading it to the recycling centre / charity shop, and trying on some things I know were too tight over the summer.

I also plan a nice looooooong shower, do my hair and nails, and my much-neglected brows and generally make the best I can of myself as I am now. I reckon if I am all plucked and preened and able to get into smaller clothes, it'll cheer me up and keep me going another few weeks. And I REALLY want a smaller dress for Christmas Day.

Hi Amanda,

great loss so far and really not worth it to fall back now. Maybe you just need to change some food and look for special things that bring a smile on your face.
Not sure if you like cooking and what kind of food you like in general. Just post some things on here and then everybody can shoot their ideas at ya to keep on track and not wonder off.

Hi, thankyou for the much needed input, i think i will have a pamper day soon aswell, just what the doctor ordered lol. I have drawn a line and im now going to try and fix the damage ive done this week. I.don't weigh in until Tuesday so can hopefully minimize the damage. Yes i have got into a rut of eating the same foods. I love cooking and had a look about and have found some new recipes i would like to try. This seems to be a habit with me. Ive tries to lose weight a lot of times and every time the 2 stone award is within reach i lose the plot and give up. Not this time, i need to crack this. Thankyou once again xxx

Really need some advice here please. I started slimming world 7 weeks ago and up until last Tuesday i had lost 1 stone 9lbs and was loving the plan. This week i havent had one whole day on plan and cant seem to muster any enthusiasm. Im sure there are others who have felt the same way so can anyone please give me some words of wisdom to get back on track before i ruin what ive acheived so far. Many thanks in advance xxx

i think the 5 to 7 week time is a real danger period for a lot of people. That initial enthusiasm you had when you first started has started to wear off but you haven't yet estbalished new eating habits. There was a really good online feature looking at how to get back on track and finding your motivation again. it would be well worth taking a look at I think. Good luck!

I find that if I have a mental wobble its good to look at the inspirational photos on here or in the magazine. I bought a stack of back copies on eBay for cheap too so I never run out of material! I also cut out the recipes for my folder. It just helps keep my brain ticking over. :)

Great job to go for it. And whatever the loss/gain will be at next weighin, forget what it was and continue the fight. You will manage!!

Back