HELP... low syn chocolate chip sponge cake

I don't know of a low syn choc chip cake but I found this other recipe,

For a chocolaty dessert that’s ready in under 2 minutes, tip an Options hot chocolate into a mug, crack in one egg and add 4 tsp sweetener. Mix it all together and heat in the microwave on full power for 1½ minutes. With hot chocolate flavours including Turkish delight (1½ Syns), caramel (1½ Syns), mint (1½ Syns) and Belgian (2 Syns) – the possibilities are endless!Top tip: Since microwaves vary, you might need to tweak the time it takes to cook the contents of your mug.

Some people say the above recipe tastes like chocolatey scrambled eggs! Another possibility is to make a Scanbran cake with some chocolate chips in (there is a whole thread about Scanbran cakes in the recipe section).

Ideally, on SW, you will be trying to avoid giving in to cravings like this by re-educating your taste buds; however, this is easier said than done! If I were you, I would be inclined to buy something like a pack of Mr Kiplings double choc chip cake bars, have one and count the Syns as sometimes this is more satisfying than an imitation 'cake'. You could, perhaps, freeze the remaining bars so that you're not tempted to have more than one.

Ideally, on SW, you will be trying to avoid giving in to cravings like this by re-educating your taste buds; however, this is easier said than done! If I were you, I would be inclined to buy something like a pack of Mr Kiplings double choc chip cake bars, have one and count the Syns as sometimes this is more satisfying than an imitation 'cake'. You could, perhaps, freeze the remaining bars so that you're not tempted to have more than one.

Top tip! I would rather have the real thing and count the syns than an imitation that might be disappointing, saying that, I have found cadbury's highlights hot chocolate definitely satisfies a chocolatey urge and only 2 syns. The fudge flavour is my favourite. Also choc fudge alpen light bars which can be a healthy extra or 2.5 syns.

Back