HELP ME PLEASE! NOTHING is happening, feeling desperately upset and disappointed

Some of us are just slower losers unfortunately, i have stuck to ee plan 100% had apx 13 syns a day never gone ova 15 always weigh HE's, do everything right and have lost 5lb in 5wks.....better than gaining but doesnt reflect the hard work i put in and easy xtra demotivating when see others lose more than that in first wk despite cheating grrrrr! Lifes not fair hun, but whats hard to achieve is greater appreciated! The harder we have to work the more motivated we will be to not go back!
Am also going to try red and green days from tomorrow.
Good luck xx

Thank you SO much, that's what I was trying to get at. It's essentially the effort and slog not being commensurate with the reading on the scales and yet people in group dropping entire kilos and having pizza....the injustice of it all. I still think 5lbs is a great achievement though hon - if you keep at that rate you will be down an entire half stone within the fortnight. Best of luck too on your new plan days xx

When I started I realised that I had a loooong way to go, that my weight didn't magically go on overnight and that it would take 'some' time to come off. I wanted to lose more than 1lb per week but then realised that it's 3stone 10pounds per year. My first week I gained 1lb! On my worst weeks I've gained 8 1/2 pounds (thanks to a 3 day birthday binge-fest), whilst on my best weeks I've lost 10 pounds (ok - so it was post surgery (non-weightloss related)). It took me 2 years and 5 months to reach target. I averaged less than a pound per week.

NONE OF THE ABOVE IS RELEVANT.

What is relevant is that I've lost 6st 7lbs, achieved target and maintained for over a year.

Two reasons not to stress about this weeks weigh-in:

1. When you reach target, you won't even remember what you weighed this week!!!
2. (As the weigh-in woman for my group) Until you get on your scales AT GROUP, your weight is meaningless. The number of people who say 'I'm sure I've gained' and then get on the scales and either maintain or have a loss (and are then disappointed that it wasn't more!!)

*Edit: Sorry that the above turned into a long a rambling post about me! It was meant to inspire you that although this weeks weigh-in means a lot to you now, once you're at target, it won't matter at all! Also it was meant to stop you stressing about averaging 1 lb per week - that's a good weight loss!! In my defence, it DID sound better, more reassuring and coherent in my head!!

Very good attitude and proper order in taking the long-term view. Not only that, your words have proved true! Saw a loss this evening and I'm genuinely stumped (and totally delighted).

I'd like to make a public apology for writing such an upset and desperate thread this morning. As I said, I was up by quite a few lbs on my usually accurate scales this morning. I am just back from my Weigh-In this evening and I have lost a full TWO AND A HALF POUNDS. Yes really.:scale: I don't want to appear at all disingenuous or look like I was causing a fuss over nothing...I was genuinely in despair this morning.

The very kind lady on the scales told me to get rid of mine once and for all so my lovely husband has endeavoured to take the batteries out of the one in the bathroom for now.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who helped today and gave me a boost and thanks so so much for taking the time to help and offer a shoulder to cry on!! Big hug to each of you, cheers xx

Well done xx

Back