HELP ME PLEASE! NOTHING is happening, feeling desperately upset and disappointed

Keep a note of your diary for. Few weeks inc gains losses Sts etc as you may see a
Pattern. You say your *weeks in 8/10 days it maybe that your weight changes Are around this kind of time too.

60 in your class - wow! Maybe you can ask your consultant to call you for a chat if its not looking promising for a chat tonight - & good luck !! Xx

On a totally separate note. Your, your cod in the Asian style marinade with Noodles sounds amazing. Are you able to post the recipe please?

And as said above - sneaky peaks - work of the devil. Home scales are lying evil little balls of pain designed to torment us on a daily basis. Bin 'em! x

I agree Jezzi. If I have a flexi day (or sometimes just a blow out!) I will not lose weight that week. I actually gained a pound last time I had a flexisyn weekend.

Some of us are just slow losers I'm afraid. It sucks, but the way I look at it is that I can either throw my hands up and say "This isn't working" and give up (which will result in me being bigger this time next year) or I can keep taking that half pound loss per week, or 3lbs off in a month, and this time next year I'll be at target.

Also, sneaky peeks are the Work Of The Devil.

Agree totally, I gave up last time at SW because I had STS for 3 weeks but now I look back and think at least I didn't gain. Because I quit I gained it all again. Now I'm back and had a few dodgy weeks where I maintained then only lost a lb but I thought I aint gained so be thankful :D I also looked at my past weigh ins in last 4 weeks I lost 8lbs so not bad for 2 naughty weeks :D

I have to say that while flexi days help me keep control (prevent me going sod it and eat everything in sight), I don't usually lose on weeks where I have one.

Thanks hon, you're probably right. I was three weeks in and decided to give myself the night off (with strict reigns on!) but I should probably only really do that when I've seen a significant loss. I thought the occasional one would be OK as long as I reigned myself right back in the next morning

Some of us are just slow losers I'm afraid.

I'm all for instant gratification (hence being a overweight....I must have that cheese NOW!) so I suppose I may have to come to terms with being in the slow group. I've done quick fix fad diets before and it's easy to fool oneself into thinking that a massive 7lbs loss a week is a. achievable and b. sustainable. I need to look at the bigger picture I guess. Thank you.

The trick is to keep plodding on and not give up. Our body's are funny old things and everyone is different. When things seem to stop for me I find if I shake things up a bit it works. After doing EE for a while I have now started doing it the old way alternate red and green days, gives loads of variety and its good to have more HE's gives your body something to think about. Whatever you decide to do good luck!

Thank you so much. It seems to be the consensus. I like the sound of the Red plan (especially being able to have a little more bread and cheese). I know lower carb programmes have worked well for me in the past so it may just be the case that my body responds better to that.

I do think there's something in the amount of syns you clock up in a week as well. Looking back my best losses were in weeks where I had around the 50 -100 syn mark, anything more and I'm looking at a STS or a gain.

It's only after sticking to the plan and recording everything (like a total geek) that I can see patterns emerging.

/irrelevant.

Not irrelevant at all! I think perhaps in retrospect my Syns have been a little high although my overall diet has been really quite low calorie so I'd been hoping the impact wouldn't have been too disastrous....oh dear

It seems you may be having too many syns even on your non-flexi days. You said you had 15 one day and 16.5 another day. We're always told to aim for between 5 and 10 syns a day, so maybe try to reduce your syns a bit. I really wouldn't fret about what your home scales are saying - there's no way you've actually gained about 8lb overnight! You should only weigh at the same time every week. I know, i'm the world's worst for taking a sneaky peak at the scales at home! Last night I weighed and it showed no loss, so now i'm totally disheartened about going to group tonight!

I'm a slow loser - very very slow! in fact its taken me since the end of July to lose nearly 1.5stones - but the way i look at it is that if i hadn't persevered, i'd have probably gained more than that over the months and would now be feeling totally disappointed with a huge weight gain! it's certainly worth sticking to. Keep food diaries and hand them in to your consultant every week - i'm sure she'll be able to make a few pointers and give you some advice. Also make sure you stay to group every week - the support there is amazing.

And i hope you're wrong about your weigh in tonight and that you'll come away feeling inspired, confident and happy ! (watch you don't have flexi-days too often though - it will become a habit that's hard to break)!..... xxxxx

How sweet, thank you! And well done on your own amazing weight loss. Agreed on the home-weighing, so bad psychologically to be going to a WI filled with abject dread! :eek:

It's interesting you were told 5-10 syns as myself (and a lot of others on here) have been told 5-15. I usually have 15 a day and know quite a few others on here do too...

(if I cut down below 10 syns a day my losses stall)

My leader said anything under 15 is fine too although I do think it's nice to hover around the 10-12 mark where possible

Keep a note of your diary for. Few weeks inc gains losses Sts etc as you may see a
Pattern. You say your *weeks in 8/10 days it maybe that your weight changes Are around this kind of time too.

60 in your class - wow! Maybe you can ask your consultant to call you for a chat if its not looking promising for a chat tonight - & good luck !! Xx

Yes, chaotic really isn't the word for it. There are sixty people and the session takes in excess of two hours which doesn't include any body image therapy. It's very noisy (and I've met some lovely people there don't get me wrong) so there's no chance to actually get to talk to the SW lady or get any useful advice or tips. A friend from group said to call her on the phone instead so perhaps I shall do that. To be honest, the information and support I get on here is second to none, it's been amazing. :bighug:

Don't worry too much, honestly. I know what you mean about wanting instant gratification, I'm very similar only I think instant gratifications takes TOO LONG. ;).

Have you started a food diary/weight loss diary on here? I find mine invaluable in lots of ways.

I've also made a spreadsheet workbook (God I'm such a saddo) where I have all my meal plans for the week (and then I keep them all - heh!), weight loss, weekly syns. I can then cross check and work out which plans/meal combinations work for me and which don't - for example I did a green week, I was bang on 100% all week and had 70 syns. I STS :rolleyes: so I don't do green anymore!

It helps me to look at this journey as a bit of an experiment. I have learned that I am a slow loser and I'm starting to be OK with that - as long as it all comes off eventually!

On a totally separate note. Your, your cod in the Asian style marinade with Noodles sounds amazing. Are you able to post the recipe please?

And as said above - sneaky peaks - work of the devil. Home scales are lying evil little balls of pain designed to torment us on a daily basis. Bin 'em! x

Lolers I know, vicious little sh1t-stirrers that they are. How DARE they torment me when I've just gotten out of bed!

I don't have a recipe for my cod because I'm a culinary free styler but this is roughly what I did:

In the blender I added the following:

3 shallots
1 large chilli
3 cloves of garlic
Fresh coriander
Nam plah (fish sauce) - 1-2 teaspoons of
Lemongrass
A small knub of fresh ginger
Sea salt and cracked pepper
Lime juice

I whizzed this up into a marinade. I then got two beautiful plump pieces of cod and rubbed them all over. I put them in little tin foil parcels and added a few tiger prawns and lots of pak choi on top and steamed altogether for twenty minutes.

You could also bake them this way although if baking I'd say put the pak choi in a little later as you want it to be crunchy. Served with noodles and if I do say so myself it was absolutely gorgeous! :eating: And it's Syn free and also really satisfying too. Plan to do it again soon.

Agree totally, I gave up last time at SW because I had STS for 3 weeks but now I look back and think at least I didn't gain. Because I quit I gained it all again. Now I'm back and had a few dodgy weeks where I maintained then only lost a lb but I thought I aint gained so be thankful :D I also looked at my past weigh ins in last 4 weeks I lost 8lbs so not bad for 2 naughty weeks :D

Totally right approach too. Well on your loss x

Lolers I know, vicious little sh1t-stirrers that they are. How DARE they torment me when I've just gotten out of bed!

I don't have a recipe for my cod because I'm a culinary free styler but this is roughly what I did:

In the blender I added the following:

3 shallots
1 large chilli
3 cloves of garlic
Fresh coriander
Nam plah (fish sauce) - 1-2 teaspoons of
Lemongrass
A small knub of fresh ginger
Sea salt and cracked pepper
Lime juice

I whizzed this up into a marinade. I then got two beautiful plump pieces of cod and rubbed them all over. I put them in little tin foil parcels and added a few tiger prawns and lots of pak choi on top and steamed altogether for twenty minutes.

You could also bake them this way although if baking I'd say put the pak choi in a little later as you want it to be crunchy. Served with noodles and if I do say so myself it was absolutely gorgeous! :eating: And it's Syn free and also really satisfying too. Plan to do it again soon.

Oh fab! Thanks! I have some cod in the freezer & usually I just wrap it in parma ham & bake it so this will be a nice change. Just need to dig out the blender!

Some of us are just slower losers unfortunately, i have stuck to ee plan 100% had apx 13 syns a day never gone ova 15 always weigh HE's, do everything right and have lost 5lb in 5wks.....better than gaining but doesnt reflect the hard work i put in and easy xtra demotivating when see others lose more than that in first wk despite cheating grrrrr! Lifes not fair hun, but whats hard to achieve is greater appreciated! The harder we have to work the more motivated we will be to not go back!
Am also going to try red and green days from tomorrow.
Good luck xx

When I started I realised that I had a loooong way to go, that my weight didn't magically go on overnight and that it would take 'some' time to come off. I wanted to lose more than 1lb per week but then realised that it's 3stone 10pounds per year. My first week I gained 1lb! On my worst weeks I've gained 8 1/2 pounds (thanks to a 3 day birthday binge-fest), whilst on my best weeks I've lost 10 pounds (ok - so it was post surgery (non-weightloss related)). It took me 2 years and 5 months to reach target. I averaged less than a pound per week.

NONE OF THE ABOVE IS RELEVANT.

What is relevant is that I've lost 6st 7lbs, achieved target and maintained for over a year.

Two reasons not to stress about this weeks weigh-in:

1. When you reach target, you won't even remember what you weighed this week!!!
2. (As the weigh-in woman for my group) Until you get on your scales AT GROUP, your weight is meaningless. The number of people who say 'I'm sure I've gained' and then get on the scales and either maintain or have a loss (and are then disappointed that it wasn't more!!)

*Edit: Sorry that the above turned into a long a rambling post about me! It was meant to inspire you that although this weeks weigh-in means a lot to you now, once you're at target, it won't matter at all! Also it was meant to stop you stressing about averaging 1 lb per week - that's a good weight loss!! In my defence, it DID sound better, more reassuring and coherent in my head!!

Last edited:
Oh fab! Thanks! I have some cod in the freezer & usually I just wrap it in parma ham & bake it so this will be a nice change. Just need to dig out the blender!

You're more than welcome. If you like fish I also did another GORGEOUS fish dish last week that I would recommend. It has 4.5 Syns but it's worth it:

Smoked haddock pieces stuffed with 25g mozzarella (3.5) and then wrapped in 2 slices of parma ham (1). I then bake this and when it's done I put a poached egg on top! It is delicious and you've got all that lovely, moreish runny yolk working like magic with the smokiness of the fish and the gooey cheese. Yum! I served it with potatoes and broccoli and green beans. It definitely livens the fish up and makes it feel a little naughty!

Back