HELP ME PLEASE .....

leilei25

It's my first week today .... Day 6 ... I get weighed tomorrow at 5pm..... I've done the SS plan all week... 3 shakes a day and SHED Loads of Water....I'm seeing for England!!
I'm craving runner beans and chicken! ........ What should I do?!?

I've heard people it's ok to eat as long as there Is no carbs but if it was me I would have some water and distract myself as I know if I did it once it would become a regular thing :)

It's my first week today .... Day 6 ... I get weighed tomorrow at 5pm..... I've done the SS plan all week... 3 shakes a day and SHED Loads of Water....I'm seeing for England!!
I'm craving runner beans and chicken! ........ What should I do?!?

You have done so well to stick to plan 100% just think in less than 24 hours you would be weighed and will have a great loss. I cant see anything drastic happening if you have small piece of chicken but when you get weighed tomorrow you will wonder if the loss could have been better by sticking to your 100% just for one more day ?
Keep strong you can do it !

Ignore it, you'll feel better ignoring it than succumbing. I'm using it as a lesson to exert willpower that I'll need post cd as I don't want to give in to every craving like I used to.

Please try to be strong and resist temptation. It's only one more day!

You'll be so upset with yourself if you eat something now and then don't see the results tomorrow.

Drink more water x

I agree with Annie part of doing this diet is learning to not give in to cravings hang in there when you see your results you will be so happy you didnt =D

Thanks everyone....I'm gonna tidy my room and keep occupied .... Few more hours till sleep then morning aye x

You will feel so much better for not giving in and the results will be worth it x

You'll feel amazing tomorrow knowing you didn't cave in and have a nibble on anything tonight!! Goood luck :) xx

I think I kinda have a different opinion to everyone else when it comes to eating.

For eg - a piece of chicken is NOT going to wreck your efforts. Its NOT going to affect your weight loss. It's not going to leave you wondering what could have been..........It's NOT going to turn into a voracious monster who can't be controlled and eats everything in sight.

Same with the 'nibble on a piece of cucumber' thread. Easy up folks. This is a weight loss plan, it's not alcatraz. If having a nibble on some cucumber or a breast of chicken keeps you on track then do it! For some people complete denial of food leads them to feeling totally deprived which then leads to poor me, why me, give me a bit of chocolate cake and to hell with it.

It's getting a bit militant in here :D cambridge allows for some food to be eaten and the weight losses between SS and SS+ are negligible. And to me I'm learning how to control my eating habits while doing CD, rather than SSing then having to do my learning when I'm finished. I already know that an omlette and side dish of broccoli is more than enough to satisfy me as an evening meal. I also know that if I feel the need to snack I have some mini cucumbers in the fridge that hit the spot and then that's it done. Rather than having to keep myself busy to avoid food......what kind of life is that? And if that's what you have to do Cambridge will be miserable for you.

My advice? If you feel like you need to chew, have some chicken, have some veg. It'll get you over it and it'll be minimal difference to your weight loss. xx

Well i disagree partly with that because i feel the whole reason for doing ss is to have total seperation from food because some of us (like me) need it at the start to make a success of this. Yes many people have control and can have some chicken and salad/veg and it wont make them go over the top and eat away... If you are lucky enough to have that control and you feel like you could eat small meals then why not do 810 or ss+??? It gives just about as good results as ss and you can eat food. I made the choice to do ss because i want total seperation from food so i can see how bad my relationship with food is and almost 8 weeks in i have learnt alot about how bad my eating patterns were so i gave my opinion on the fact that the plan being followed is ss which is NO food. Not having a go but for people who feel they can control the food they eat there are other steps that include it.

Yolande - i totally agree!!
Sorry if ive already asked this, how much in total are you hoping to lose? Just noticed we may have roughly the same amount going by our BMI info xx

Its ok my total to lose is 9stone i have lost 3lbs short of 3st (i have a WI tomoz so hoping i hit the 3st mark) i now have another 6stone to go.

Thats amazing!! Proof that my 10 stone is possible to lose :)

Totally possible hun x

There are people for whom the abstenance of ss is horrific, for whom small ketogenic meals or snacks are then only way they can make this diet work, because if they had to ss 100% they would snap and eat everything. These people would probably also 've fine on SW or WW, but are attracted to CD because of the fast losses.

Then there are people for whom total abstenance is the only way. The idea of SS+ scares them, because it would open the floodgates: would allow rules to be bent and then broken. For those people, SS is the only diet that works, and falling off the wagon can be a disaster.

We need to be careful of the advice we give new dieters here. Usually, people are very quick to say to someone who's wavering 'have a bit of chicken' - and that can be terrible, terrible advice for someone who needs to abstain, just as - "you must never waver" might make someone who needs a flexible approach feel miserable and snap.

I think before we advise one or the other we need to ask some questions and see where the person seeking advice is coming from.

I am am 810/1000 plan dieter all the way. The very thought of SS scares me, although I have huge admiration for those who do succeed with it.

But even with 810 or 1000, I find it important to stick to it 100% to get the quick losses, and that sense of calm that comes from knowing exactly what you are going to eat every day.

Certainly for me, odd bits of unplanned food can very quickly destroy my calm and then I don't know what I'm doing and I get confused and I want something nice - and definitely off plan - for comfort.

Yolande said:
Well i disagree partly with that because i feel the whole reason for doing ss is to have total seperation from food because some of us (like me) need it at the start to make a success of this. Yes many people have control and can have some chicken and salad/veg and it wont make them go over the top and eat away... If you are lucky enough to have that control and you feel like you could eat small meals then why not do 810 or ss+??? It gives just about as good results as ss and you can eat food. I made the choice to do ss because i want total seperation from food so i can see how bad my relationship with food is and almost 8 weeks in i have learnt alot about how bad my eating patterns were so i gave my opinion on the fact that the plan being followed is ss which is NO food. Not having a go but for people who feel they can control the food they eat there are other steps that include it.

I fully agree with Yolande, Cambridge is working for me because I'm not thinking if food. I think if I ate something and thought it wouldn't effect my weigh in it could lead to complacency and then I may eat something else.
Whilst I agree that we need to learn to control what we eat that's not what SS is about !
It's about 3 or 4 packs a day and NOTHING else, if people feel the need for " food " then SS isn't for them and they need to re evaluate their choice of plan or which step they should be on. SS is about self control and not seeing how far you can push the boundaries without it showing on the scales !

There are people for whom the abstenance of ss is horrific, for whom small ketogenic meals or snacks are then only way they can make this diet work, because if they had to ss 100% they would snap and eat everything. These people would probably also 've fine on SW or WW, but are attracted to CD because of the fast losses.

Then there are people for whom total abstenance is the only way. The idea of SS+ scares them, because it would open the floodgates: would allow rules to be bent and then broken. For those people, SS is the only diet that works, and falling off the wagon can be a disaster.

We need to be careful of the advice we give new dieters here. Usually, people are very quick to say to someone who's wavering 'have a bit of chicken' - and that can be terrible, terrible advice for someone who needs to abstain, just as - "you must never waver" might make someone who needs a flexible approach feel miserable and snap.

I think before we advise one or the other we need to ask some questions and see where the person seeking advice is coming from.

That's more what I was trying to say, offering a different point of view to what had already been offered. We must be very careful not to set people up to fail...........'stay in control!'.......'resist temptation!'..........'SS and nothing else!'............

IF OP had ended up eating something I bet she would have felt like a big fat failure.

'SS is about self control and not seeing how far you can push the boundaries without it showing on the scales !' - With respect I disagree. Every cambridge step is about self control, every diet is about self control, SS is merely the quickest route to goal. The steps (inc SS+) are not about pushing the boundaries, it's using whatever means are at your disposal to make the plan work for you. OP wasn't craving a cream doughnut, it was chicken, perfectly acceptable on SS+.

'SS is about self control and not seeing how far you can push the boundaries without it showing on the scales !' - With respect I disagree. Every cambridge step is about self control, every diet is about self control, SS is merely the quickest route to goal. The steps (inc SS+) are not about pushing the boundaries, it's using whatever means are at your disposal to make the plan work for you. OP wasn't craving a cream doughnut, it was chicken, perfectly acceptable on SS+.

I guess its horses for courses so they say but I have today read another post where the poster has been snacking on crisps and snacks but still says she is on SS ? No matter what you eat if you are eating then SS isnt for you ! I guess we wont all agree all of the time x

Back