HELP ME PLEASE!

Jemz

Hello.

I need help. I started slimming world last Wednesday! I have had a great week! Found it so easy And enjoyed it!!!!
HOWEVER.....
I thought it was too good to be true, I weighed myself this morning. And I'VE PUT ON A POUND!!
why? .... I've kept a food diary. I showed it to my sis who has been on slimming world 6months very successfully and she says its great?!

I don't know where I'm going wrong.
Going to the meeting tomorrow to be weighed and I don't want to go now!

Please help! Anyone else have a low loss on week 1??

Thanks

Are you eating enough? Maybe try eating more free snacks in between meals, it might kick start your metabolism. keep at it! Don't be disheartened, it might just be your body getting used to a new way of eating and next week could be a brilliant weight loss.

Also get out of the habit of weighing yourself mid week. It does no good! You might not have put that pound on even if it shows that today. It could be water and it just messes with your head!! :)

Hi Jemz, the first thing i learned at SW was throw your own scales out! you can get on and off a set of scales and they will give you different readings every time! A nightmare for any serious dieter i never weigh myself except at group as BlueToffee9 said your maybe not actually eating enough to get the old metabolism working the only week i put on that was my problem but since then theres always a little loss :) although saying that this week could be a strange one for me as I don't thin k i have eaten enough:( I fell into the old ways of thinking if i eat less my body will burn fat WRONG!!! but thats another lesson learned! good luck with your jouney and keep going mate :)

Are your scales accurate? They are much better at the groups you see, also hate to be a bit personal but certain times of the month also affects your weight

Thanks all! No not time of month! Been to gym tonight.. To try to help! I even feel thinner!?!
Weighed myself on 3 different scales (i know i shouldn't but Im too annoyed) and they all say I've gained a pound!
Fingers crossed for tomorrow WI at 7:30pm!!! ?

Thanks

I started last Wednesday too! I've not weighed myself as I don't have scales but I'm really nervous as I've eaten so much!!
Good luck tomorrow xx

Good luck to you too!

I feel like I've eaten so much too!! I did the Cambridge diet last year! And this is completely different!!...

I weighed myself this morning and think the gym helped as I think I've lost a pound!
I will see what the scales say tonight!

Good luck
Thanks

I've been with slimming world for 6months now and yes thrown out your old scales.
my first week I lost 5.5lb but then then second week I lost just 1lb and i did the exact same thing.

keep at it as it really does work. My best friend has lost 10stone through slimming world, and now runs her own groups.
Goodluck.

Back from my first wi, I've not eaten so much in years and I lost 4.5 lbs...... Happy full bunny!!
Good luck to everyone else for good losses too xx

I got on MY scales before my first group meeting, that was 4 weeks ago, and when I got to the group an hour later, I was 2lbs heavier, so that was a downer before I even joined, since then I will NOT get on my scales, and I've made that a rule. they're So tempting sitting on the floor in my bathroom, but if I have the willpower to diet:rolleyes: then I must have the willpower NOT to get on them, especially mid week. Good luck x

Well I lost 2 last week!! ... I'm a bit disappointed but I only have 2 stone to loose, so 2 pound a week will do me nicely if I can keep it up!!

Yes I must try not to weigh myself but I panic!

I actually look forward and dread Wednesdays from now on!

Hi ladies I'm starting slimming world at home and I would be so grateful for tips or recipes and I like to be fulllxxx

Well I lost 2 last week!! ... I'm a bit disappointed but I only have 2 stone to loose, so 2 pound a week will do me nicely if I can keep it up!!

Yes I must try not to weigh myself but I panic!

I actually look forward and dread Wednesdays from now on!

Now, I agree with the other contributors and strongly advise you to use your home scales with caution xx Two pound are actually a good weekly loss. You said you did a food replacement diet in the past, don't compare the losses, it would be just like comparing apples with pears :) SW's weight loss might be a little slower, but easier maintainable so therefore beneficial for your health in the long run. Did you only just start using the gym? I remember when I took up fitness again, I gained a little and my weight loss slowed down for a few weeks and after that it literally fell off (that was in 2011).
Don't put yourself under all that pressure, SW is supposed to be a positive experience. Talk to your consultant about your concerns, they are there to address issues, you don't pay your weekly £4.95 for nothing xx

Yes I must throw them out! I'm literally obsessed. Can't go to bathroom without getting on scales?!

I know 2 pounds is good. I just thought week 1 would be big loss.
But in the end I want to be heathy not obsessing over the weight!

I do need to speak to my consultant.
The thing I don't like about WI is the group chat bit! .. I can't bear everyone knowing how my b you've lost. And I don't want to ask questions in front of the big group.
Maybe this changes when you get a bit if confidence with it all.
Thanks

I don't like everyone in the.Group knowing what I've lost, I told the consultant so she doesn't announce it! It's only my third week so I'm not comfortable with it all yet, I've lost 5 1/2 pounds so doing ok.
Good luck and hopefully it gets easier with time x

The first week I went, I sat on my own in the middle of a row, with empty chairs either side of me! and ours is a BIG group...over 60 members, and everyone seemed to know each other and I felt like a fish out of water. Then it hit me, apart from a couple of ladies that had reached their target weight, every other person in that room was there for the same reason as me. All of them had had a first day, some with a friend, some on their own. Out of all those members there are 3 men, imagine the courage they must have to turn up to a predominantly female group! and a couple of them are just SO funny they're a real bonus.
This week is my 5th week (I stayed the same and am disappointed because I don't know why) but they say hello, chat in the queue when we start to get weighed. We have a FB group too, so I went on that the first night after group, and by the next week I recognised the people that had said Hi on there..and they recognised me too...and now I'm not embarrassed at all. Every single question you want an answer to, will have been asked over and over, and the ladies will help you. One who sat in front of me today has been going for a year, and she said she still gets muddled over free, super-free and super-speed foods, and so many people started answering, you couldn't make out one answer from another. I don't think anyone likes to be singled out, but just remember we're all in the same boat! Chin up......and BTW, I'm obsessed too..........
:wavey:

I had a thought this morning, do your counsellors announce what everyone weighs? Mine doesn't, in fact the only time anything is announced is when it's to congratulate members on their weight loss, or who is the SOTW.... I've not heard anyone say about what actual weight anyone else weighs. 2 ladies sit at the desk, one does the weigh, the other one writes it in my book. The weigh lady just says well done. x amount lost...or whatever, she doesn't say anything else.
If you get another good loss, you could be SOTW, and they announce that plus how much you've lost.......I won that on my 3rd visit.....didn't know it was going to be announced and was a little embarrassed, but that was quickly replaced by feeling downright chuffed! xx
:)

No she doesn't announce your actual weight (I wouldn't still be going if she did lol)... She says
"Well done you have lost 2 pounds (or whatever it is) this week"..... Then The group claps.. Etc etc
I don't like that bit. I like listening to other people's lol.
It's nice that everyone shares tips etc,. I just can't quiet 'enjoy' it yet.

In other news... I'm so so annoyed with myself this weekend!!! I went off SW completely. I drank fri and sat night and then my will power seems to go out the window. And you don't even want to hear about the hangovers?! I'm like an eating machine!!!

DREADING Wednesday WI!!!

When I went to he groups she used to announce your losses e.g 2lb but would just say you had gained this week. I personally didn't like it but that's because in real life in a fairly private person x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back