Help me please

DOMREP

Hello I am new:sigh:. today is my first day and i feel really ill!! my head is hurting and i feel really tired.(sleepy)

I had my first shake at 1, i plan on having my next shake at 5 and my last shake at 9.

I'm on school holidays (work in a school)and i am soooo glad i do not have to go to work for two weeks as i feel awful.:cry:

I would like to loose about 4-5 stone by 12th August as it's my birthday and i have planned a trip to Dominican Republic. Do you think that is A)Realistic, B)Possible?

I really want to do this as i have been fat for the last 10 years and i am really fed up.

i did not realise it would be sooo hard.i really hope i feel better soon because i will not last if the whole diet experience is like this!!

i have looked at the inspirational slide show and read some of your stories, i am trying to take comfort in them to keep my determination strong!.

I hope i reach ketosis before i go back to work!

DR.x

Of course you will! Most people go into ketosis on day 4-5 at the latest. Make sure you drink plenty (it'll help with the 'hunger' pangs) and experiment with the shakes until you find a way of drinking them that you like. I hated them for the first few days and had no idea how I was going to last, then I tried them blended with LOTS of crushed ice (like a milkshake/melted ice-cream) and 2 sweeteners, and now I actually like them! The headaches in the first few days will be down to carb withdrawal, but the water will help. Take paracetemol and lie down if you can, or distract yourself somehow? Early nights are pretty much par for the course in the first week or two!

welcome hun, honestly it does get better once ketosis kicks in you will feel fab it was day 3 for me so pleeeeeze hang in there it is soooo worth it just look at my loses and i could never stick to any diet so just sip sip sip it really does help and keep posting were here for you. good luck xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm on yet another day one myself. Keep busy! I've been scrubbing my sons bedroom out -boys are stinkers!! -and beating the water into me. Sip away all day and keep apracetamol handy. Have a hot bath and then an early night. Ketosis makes all the difference believe me, so just hang in there and you'll be a kinny mini by August no sweat!

Hi domrep,

I'm just coming to the end of my first week and at times still felt starving. I too want big changes and am hoping for 3 1/2 stone by end of july for holidays, this will be my first holiday in 3 years as i haven't felt like going being as big as i am. I suffer in our heat never mind being a fatty on holiday in that heat so just didn't bother.
I am on day 7 with 1st weigh in tomorrow so know how hard this first week is. I hope the ladies are honest when they say it gets better because this has been very hard.
I wish you good luck and like the others say just try to drink lots of water. I never dreamed i could stomach black coffee with sweetner as I was a cream and suger girl before this week but after a couple of days you do begin to enjoy them.
I only had 1 soup in my pack as I was told they are not that nice but I had mine on day four and really enjoyed it. I will be getting at least 7 tomorrow so it feels like a nice hot meal once a day. (All in my head) I know lol but that was how it felt.

Good luck hun I will keep looking out for you and maybe we can get through the first couple of weeks together.

Jo x x x

hey domrep!! welcome!! yea i got a bad headache on about the 3rd day! but as has been said a bath and early night do wonders!! i do fine if im not drinking water regularly that i can feel a headache startin easily!! stick with it, you will be fine again before starting back to work and have more energy!! good luck xx

Hi Domrep

I'm also in my first week (just on Day 3) and have to speak to people all day on phone (10 cases plus management reports) and in a way while i was dreading it I actually think it's helping keep my mind occupied so i would back up the other suggestions regarding keeping busy.

Also is there any other way you can make yourself feel good? Treat yourself to a facial? Or a manicure to start getting your nails ready for the glam new you on holiday? Think we've got to keep our goals in mind and where as we would have made ourselves feel better / distracted with food before now we have to find other ways.

Also i would strongly advise against waiting till 1pm for the first shake; you body needs nutrients after it's night's work (andit does work while you are asleep) so that may be why you are feeling worse? You need breakfast even if it is a lipotrim shake.

stay strong! We can do it!

Hi there, it really, really will get better. I can't say which day as we are all different. I have my morning shake at 10.30 a.m after downing over 2 pints of water from 7.00 a.m. when I get up. Then at 3.30 p.m., then 8.00 p.m. Please make sure you are drinking PLENTY of water, it really does help.

Thank you all so much for your kind words of encouragement. I survived day one, even though at one stage i thought i may have cracked, not due to hunger but because i felt ill!!

Today i feel alot better, headache has gone, still feel slightly tired but no way as bad as i felt yesterday. I am trying to have my shakes as late as possible as my trigger times for eating is in the evening. once i go back to work i think i will have to have my first one slightly earlier as i am not ready for people at work to know what i am doing yet, i am not ready for the negative comments that some people may give.

I have to say that some of your losses are amazing and i hope i am as lucky as it will mean that i will not have to stay on this diet for months and months(no offense to people that have).

Do you think it is possible to lose 4-5 stone by August?

DR.x

Hi Jojoknott

Just to agree with your comment about the soup . I think its like cup a soup and its HOT!!!!!. I am in the middle of week 3 now and actually enjoy a strawberry shake in the morning (Nice and Fresh) a soup around 3pm (Feels like dinner ) and a Chocolate shake in the evening 7-8pm . Works for me at the moment. I have settled down quiet well in the last week so it does get better girls . Sure I get the odd craving when I see others eat but I have a goal of being slim by summer and that keeps me motivated. Just keep buzy and drink drink drink the water !!!!:)

That just what i do, exact same time table as me, last choccy treat whilst watchin the soaps, got loads more soups this week to have at 3.00pm lunch and the strawb seems sweeter to me so love that sweet light refreshing one in the morning.
I can't believe i'm talking like this about the shakes lol I must be brain washed lol. x x x x x

For the evenings i'm the same, worst time! I have my last shake at 9 but make sure i have a HUGE cuppa at about 8 and then another HUGE cuppa after me shake. It will curb the cravings slightly and make you feel like your having a proper meal cos its alll warm :) xx

I do a mixture to be honest.

Sometimes I have the vanilla with coffee if I think I need a boost for morning - otherwise it's strawberry. Lunchtime tends to be chocolate and dinnertime it's always a chicken soup with paprika and pepper.

I wait until the kids are in their bed for the soup - it's my treat !

add to soup

Hi Cruiks , I asked my chemist person could I add salt and pepper to soup and she said flatly no . Didnt question her at the time but are you sure thats allowed

Hi there, the average loss is a stone a month, so you should be fine for your August deadline.
You'll be a whole new woman!!
Good luck Hun xx

Hi DomRep

How was today?

Hi and welcome to lipotrim, just persevere and it does get easier.

If you are still feeling tired, try having your first shake mid-late morning, as maybe 1 o clock in the afternoon will leave you feeling weak. You can always split your shakes into two, so you can have 6 half drinks, this too will help to curb the hunger. I always found drinking a hot black coffee helped too.

Good luck and try to aim for at least 3 litres of water a day.

Hi DOMREP

How did you go today? Any better?

sorry

double post there and just realised you'd already posted earlier

Back