Help me speed up my losses?

londongirl88

Hi!!

I have had pretty slow losses, can anyone please enlighten me to what you did on certain weeks when you lost 2-3lbs? I would love to have a big loss week next week and Im thinking of sticking to all red days?

There's a thread on here where people have used lemon juice. Hot water with lemon juice first thing, a squirt of lemon juice in your herbal teas throughout the day, recipes which have lemon juice, and reported massive losses! I bought some and meant to give it a try but keep forgetting lol but its worth trying

Are you eating enough?? I know that sounds odd but if you dont eat enough then you wont lose as much...Also lots of SS Super Free foods (berries, pineapple, Rhubarb, lemons etc) Also do you write down everything you eat, that is always good to see what you have been eating.

Body magic will also help with your losses.... Im not saying you have to go and run 5 miles, even just a 15min walk each night around the block or something will do......

A tip i did, i would always eat toffee muller lights for breakfast with my oats, i have now changed to rhubarb lf asda yogurt (FREE) but it has fruit bits in it so i think this has speeded up my loss as getting more SS foods.

I am a red girl through and through, i would never change, even when i really fancy mash i just have instant, that puts me off enough till the next time i crave it.

Hope you feel you have a better week but if you have lost something its still great, try not to get disheartened (She says, pot calling the kettle black) ;)

I usually have half a grapefruit every morning, I drink copious amounts of green tea, purely because I love it and don't drink regular tea/coffee. Body magic absolutely. xx

Are you eating enough?? I know that sounds odd but if you dont eat enough then you wont lose as much...Also lots of SS Super Free foods (berries, pineapple, Rhubarb, lemons etc) Also do you write down everything you eat, that is always good to see what you have been eating.

Body magic will also help with your losses.... Im not saying you have to go and run 5 miles, even just a 15min walk each night around the block or something will do......

A tip i did, i would always eat toffee muller lights for breakfast with my oats, i have now changed to rhubarb lf asda yogurt (FREE) but it has fruit bits in it so i think this has speeded up my loss as getting more SS foods.

I am a red girl through and through, i would never change, even when i really fancy mash i just have instant, that puts me off enough till the next time i crave it.

Hope you feel you have a better week but if you have lost something its still great, try not to get disheartened (She says, pot calling the kettle black) ;)

Didn't realise smash was free on red too?

I agree with the body magic I walk my dogs for at least half hour-an hour every day (they're only little lol) more if the weathers dry! And I find my losses consistent.

Ill go look for the lemon thread

Wow thanks for your advice, I think I will have a 100% red week and see what happens. I am sure I am eating enough as I use up all my syns...maybe thats the problem?! I have started the walking thing too, i have heard starting harder exercise actually makes you gain (I know its muscle etc but for me it really is all about the number on the scale lol)

Didn't realise smash was free on red too?

I agree with the body magic I walk my dogs for at least half hour-an hour every day (they're only little lol) more if the weathers dry! And I find my losses consistent.

Ill go look for the lemon thread

Smash isnt free - i have HEX B or Syns :) just thought i best say before going off and eating loads ;)

Wow thanks for your advice, I think I will have a 100% red week and see what happens. I am sure I am eating enough as I use up all my syns...maybe thats the problem?! I have started the walking thing too, i have heard starting harder exercise actually makes you gain (I know its muscle etc but for me it really is all about the number on the scale lol)

Using up your syns is not the problem. You should have 5-15 syns a day, aiming for around 10. Even eating the extra 5 a day is only 700 extra calories a week, hardly going to make much of a difference.

So many people want to "speed up their losses" and instead of looking for a miracle thing such as lemon juice, green tea or some other wonder liquid or food, people should look at the plans themselves first:

Increase the amount of superfree eaten with meals

Concentrate on speed and superspeed foods (so chicken instead of beef, apples instead of bananas)

Weigh and measure everything

Write every little morsal down, as you eat it, not as a meal plan for the day. It's easy to forget.

Vary your foods - try a different B choice each day

Check syn values before eating, don't estimate.

These are a few things you can do.

My consultant told us it was free to use to bulk up stock cubes for a thicker gravy.

I think it depends though on what plan you're following?

Couldn't agree more with Jaylou. This isn't a quick fix plan so don't expect to lose more than a 1lb -2lb a week when you haven't excessive amounts to lose. Stress is known to inhibit weight loss due to the circulating levels of cortisol in your body as is lack of sleep. If you decide for quick fix don't be surpised if you put the weight back on when you relax it back again.
Stay patient and enjoy the losses you have had so far. Don't forget that 1lb a week = over three stone in a year !!

I wouldn't worry about the 'heavy' exercise. I work out 5 times per week, lifting heavy weights and the loss has been consistent, but everyone is different. I just want people to realise that they shouldn't be put off exercise because they are scared of not losing as much....it is so beneficial to this weight loss journey and it all evens out in the end if you look at the bigger picture xx

I think because you haven't a lot to lose before you reach a healthy bmi, you won't lose as quickly as those with a lot to lose. I have found that i started with big losses and no average around 1lb a week, and i am sticking to plan, using upto 15 syns. I have decided to use less bread as my HEB as i think that is holding me back now, and also i think i need to start cutting back syns a little bit, as weeks i have around 10 i lose better

Hope you start to see results soon xxx

Couldn't agree more with Jaylou. This isn't a quick fix plan so don't expect to lose more than a 1lb -2lb a week when you haven't excessive amounts to lose. Stress is known to inhibit weight loss due to the circulating levels of cortisol in your body as is lack of sleep. If you decide for quick fix don't be surpised if you put the weight back on when you relax it back again.
Stay patient and enjoy the losses you have had so far. Don't forget that 1lb a week = over three stone in a year !!

Good to know; I won't feel guilty anymore about having a lie-in. It's part of my healthy eating plan ;)

Back