Help me to get through this :(

Hey there everybody...

Im starting cambridge again tomorrow, i did it about 6 months ago and had really good results but then through comfort eating and then more comfort eating because i could see the weight going back on ive ended up almost back to where i started, however now it feels worse because i know what it feels like to be "thin".....

Ive got my shakes, ice got my ice, and the blender and im ready....i am aiming to lose 2 stone by Christmas....but if i could lose a stone in 4 weeks that'd be amazing.

Im so scared im not going to be able to do this again :( i really have to beacause im back where i was not wanting to leave the house because i feel so rubbish about myself (sorry for the wallowing!!)

I didnt have this last time, so im hoping the support of others will keep me going. If there is anyone that is feeling how i am feeling please do not hestitate to get in touch....wish me luck!xx

I only started thi 3 weeks ago and had great results already and know im not going back to being a fat person again.

You know what its like to be happy and healthy when doing cambridge - i think if you want this enough youl carry on doing it as before and when you start seeing results youl be over the moon.

Good luck and honestly whatever makes you comfort eat - stop it now its not worth it.

Hi Evian addict, I am into my third week on cd and have lost 15lb, not bad in 2 weeks and 2 days, so you can get that 2 stone off easily b4 xmas, I have tried half a dozen times to get back on the cd over the last 12months, but then I found this site and it has helped so much, whenever i feel like eating I watch the inspirational slide show, its amazing if you havent looked already.
Good luck and keep posting and we'll keep reading and replying.
all the best Tiz:)

if you haven't found it out yet, if you do 20 posts you can start looking at peoples pics and after 50 posts you have free roam of the site if you know what I mean, you can add your pic, do albums etc and add a ticker, bye Tiz:)

Hi Evian

Of course you can do it!!!!! 2 stone by Christamas is do-able and will make such a difference. I have lost 2 now and it's taken me 7 weeks (with 1 week on holiday).

Hi Evian - You have come to the best place in the world for help advice and support.You know CD works, and as long as you have your CD head on, i am sure you will soon be back to where you want to be :0)

Thank you for all your encouragement- it is always about 4pm-6pm that i cave and just stuff myself hehe...but im going to do my very best!

I live alone and am debating throwing every single bit of food out....but then i think im wasting money-hmmmmm decisions! Lol....im going to keep thinking of my small wardrobe (which i could still get in 5 weeks ago!!) and how much i want to wear it all again!!

Goodluck everyone and no doubt ill be calling on you all lol xx

Hiya - welcome back to CD, you'll do fine I'm sure. I've found it a bit of a rollercoaster and have now learned to avoid my triggers to try and get round the difficult times! Good luck, you'll find great support here. x

hiya!

you will get that 2st off in no time! i was skeptical when i started (i was also at the stage of not wanting to go out!) but i got weighed today and in just 5 weeks i have lost 2st.

just stick with it, don't give in to temptation and focus on your goal. Like my counsellor always says, it's not down to luck, it's down to you! xxx

Hey there everybody...

Im starting cambridge again tomorrow, i did it about 6 months ago and had really good results but then through comfort eating and then more comfort eating because i could see the weight going back on ive ended up almost back to where i started, however now it feels worse because i know what it feels like to be "thin".....

Ive got my shakes, ice got my ice, and the blender and im ready....i am aiming to lose 2 stone by Christmas....but if i could lose a stone in 4 weeks that'd be amazing.

Im so scared im not going to be able to do this again :( i really have to beacause im back where i was not wanting to leave the house because i feel so rubbish about myself (sorry for the wallowing!!)

I didnt have this last time, so im hoping the support of others will keep me going. If there is anyone that is feeling how i am feeling please do not hestitate to get in touch....wish me luck!xx

Hi Evian, I did CD SS last year and managed to lose 35lbs or 2.5 stone, and then managed to put it all back on plus an extra 11lbs (nearly another bloomin stone) so I know exactly how you must be feeling right now. I've managed to re-lose ( i like re-lose instead of regain) 27lbs and I'm keeping going. I've subscribed to your diary, so if you've any questions, I'm here. Even without the questions I'm here as will be many others, we're all on minimins to support each other on our journeys, so you get up and you do this plan, as they say in Panto " WE'RE BEHIND YOU.......:giggle:

Thank you for all your encouragement- it is always about 4pm-6pm that i cave and just stuff myself hehe...but im going to do my very best!

I live alone and am debating throwing every single bit of food out....but then i think im wasting money-hmmmmm decisions! Lol....im going to keep thinking of my small wardrobe (which i could still get in 5 weeks ago!!) and how much i want to wear it all again!!

Goodluck everyone and no doubt ill be calling on you all lol xx

Hey who knew I'd be back so soon, I too live alone, and when your thinking of doing a VLCD...we're in the lucky category....WE don't have to prepare our families food whilst only having a shake ourselves, WE can have a 100% food free house and not be done for family neglect :p.......Get yourself into that kitchen and THROW OUT THAT FOOD....pour washing up liquid over it, whatever it takes do it now....don't think of it as a waste of money, because keeping it in the house will be putting yourself under needless pressure. What I did, is I put everything I could into the freezer, and any canned or longterm bottled items I put into one cupboard (one which I never need open) and the fresh stuff, which giving my pre CD lifestyle, I didn't actually have a lot off, went into the bin....I never looked on it as a waste of money, cuz eating it could or defo would have meant me spending extra money on doctors fees for health issues or at worse a bloomin Counsellor with me discussing how unhappy or depressed I would be with my extra weight :)giggle: please note I didn't have to go to doc or counsellors, well not this year :giggle: )

Come on luv,,,ya can do it

Last edited:
I also got rid of all my food. I gave all cans and dried foods like pulses and pastas etc to my daughter and sugar custard powder and stuff like that to my parents. Its not wasteful, its more wasteful to eat it when you dont want it.
I also live on my own, and i have found it really easy because there is no temptation at all in my house. Unless I decide to eat the dogs food or the wild bird seed.
The birds also had a feast because I melted all the butter and margarine that I had and soaked all the breakfast cerials I had in it and gave it to the birds, bits of xmas mince meat went in there, open packs of rice, weetabix, lol, the birds have had a ball all week lol.
Lynne x
Oh by the way,at my first weigh in I lost 12.5 lbs in 5 days.

Hi Evian

I lost weight last year through another diet and re tried and re tired o get back into it but without the support couldn't! So this is my first time doing CD and the results everyone and you have had are wonderful I'm very excited and know you know where i'm coming from.

Look forward to dropping in here and comparing notes!

Brenda
X

hi there

you can do it! youve done it before so grit your teeth and get back to it
first time i did this i gave away all the food to the nursing stafff and carers for my daughter. made me laugh how happy thye were with some tins and frozen food, lol
i made my daughter enough food to bulk freeze it in her meal sizes ( wasnt tempted by blended mush )

if you feel like ur gonna slip get back on here, post, read posts ( i used to sit and read old posts to pass time ) go on the arcade and play, read sucess storys, watch the insperation slide show, take up knitting, anything to refocus your mind

goodluck

Just wanted to add my support. don't be too hard on yourself, this diet is sooooo testing but it works, which is why so many of us are so in love with it. Chin up, todays a new day, and by the end of it you will be on your way to being lighter than you were yesterday.

Good luck xxx

Awwww i cant believe how nice everyone is being....i got rid of all my food yesterday and have now officially started (was going to be yesterday but i thought monday would be a good day for a fresh start!)
I am optimistic for this....i feel like if i dont do it ill become more and more miserable so im going to treat it as an opportunity and not an ordeal (yeah right i wont be saying that in a couple of days haha!)

I am going to do it though- definately! Looking at all your weight loss tickers is enough to convince me of that! I will write more tonight and try and catch up with a few people!!

Thanks again everyone- have a lovely (food free hehe) day xxx

Back