Help.. Need Advice...

C.J.

I want to be slim !!
Hi..
Well yesterday was my first weigh in and i lost 7 3/4 lbs :D
BUT..
I lost the plot last night and was starving so i ate an
omelette, apparently this will be ok as its protein, ive checked this morning and im still in the red, but i am really struggling not eating with the family on a night..
Also i friend of mine is doing the Atkins diet and that seems to have the same affects and weight loss as CD (SS).
My head is in bits this morning as i dont want to fluff things up as the last 7 days have been ok and ive managed ok til last night:cry::cry:.

I know its up to me which way i go from here, but is there any advice out there, should i switch to Atkins or try 790,

What are the weight losses on 790 ?
Has anybody done Atkins ?
:sign0009:help me..

I love food (hence the weight)
so SSing is fantastic results, but im struggling!!

:thankyou: in advance...

Hi CJ

The losses on Atkins are NOT the same as Cambridge and although you get the initial weight drop due to the carb falling out of your system you then slow down to a much lower weekly weight loss, also atkins does not offer the vitamins and minerals you need to stay healthy in the long term so I would avoid it.

If you feel you need that evening meal then do Cambridge 790 instead, the difference in weight loss between 790 and SS is minimal and it means you get that little meal in the evening, BUT 790 only works if you can stick to the portion sizes as stated in the books, if you think you will end up "developing" the recipes and suddenly it is Camridge 1790 then you are best to stick to sole source.

Remember the diet isn't for ever, it is just for a few months while you trim down and food will be there when you have finished the diet (albeit less of it if you want to maintain your new weight).

Anyway stick with it!

Mike

Firstly its not okay to have an omelette on CD, its not just about protein, and you cannot compare CD with Atkins, they are completely different diets.

CD is nutrionally complete and balanced.

The weightloss on 790 is virtually the same over the month, however, you can eat as long as you stick strictly to the allowable foods in the correct quantities.

I have many clients using 790 successfully and being able to eat with their families in the evening is keeping them going.

If it is making you unhappy doing SS give 790 a go, have a chat to your CDC.

Linda:)

Hi c.j, i did Atkins for 3 months..u do lose weight quickly in the first few weeks but it slows down to about 2lb a week. I would stick to cd, maybe the 790 if u can't cope with ss. Good luck with what ever u decide.

Firstly its not okay to have an omelette on CD, its not just about protein, and you cannot compare CD with Atkins, they are completely different diets.

CD is nutrionally complete and balanced.

The weightloss on 790 is virtually the same over the month, however, you can eat as long as you stick strictly to the allowable foods in the correct quantities.

I have many clients using 790 successfully and being able to eat with their families in the evening is keeping them going.

If it is making you unhappy doing SS give 790 a go, have a chat to your CDC.

Linda:)
Hi Linda.. I DID speak to my cdc before i made the omelette and was told its protein so would be ok.

Wish i'd never bothered posting now..:cry:

Hi CJ

Just to say, the advice given is spot on and if you can stick to it you will be so glad you did too.. it isn't easy at the beginning, but it does get easier... hope you find a solution that works for you :D Good luck x

Oh CJ, you did the right thing posting and asking for advice... this site is a great source of encouragement, inspiration and advice.

I have found that CD advice is very varied, and clearly your counsellor has a different approach to the diet than some others, my CD counsellor told me that omelettes were a no no. Basically, it is a case of what it says in the blurb you get from Cambridge when you start out.

Please don't get upset, sit and read through the info fully, call your CDC and tell her how you are feeling,this is an emotional journey as much as a weight loss one.. you've had a great start.. hang on to that and then think about why you want to lose the weight, and what you want as the end result and go from there.

790 does sound like a really good idea as it will mean you can eat with your family and have great weight loss too :D

Do take care and try not to let it make you sad, wishing you every success xx

Hiya CJ

I am afraid your counsellor has given you the wrong advice, when on the Cambridge sole source plan you have no "conventional" food and that includes protein based foods such as chicken, eggs etc.

But if you move to 790 then that will allow you to have that little meal.

You should have two booklets, one is the sole source booklet (the pink and blue one) and that explains sole source in depth, you will see that on page 2 it says that you have 3 packs a day, loads of water, black tea and coffee and nothing else.

The yellow booklet you will have called the Weight Care booklet explains the other programs, if you check out page 8 it will show you 790 and the protein meals that are allowed on that programme.

Have a read through and if you need any further advice then contact your counsellor or you can always E-mail me directly.

Mike

Hiya Cara,

Im on 790, and I have to say the meal that I have on an evening is the thing that has stopped me cracking up by now, I stick to what it says in the book, forst weigh in is tomorrow night so pop by my diary and Ill let you know!!

If you really miss that meal then I can say 790 is the way forward, it makes me feel normal again, and I have something to look forward to.

When I first started CD I thought 790 was a step after SS, and never thought to use it as a diet, I have met more and more on here that have been 790ing for a while and they have had some great losses.

For me its fab, and whilst SS was the best for me at the start, then 790 is the way off for me now x

Back