Help!!! Need some words of support!

dreamingmaid

Silver Member
Hi everyone,

As some of you know, i am now less than a stone away from my target weight of 10 stones. I have remained really focused all the way through...not even thought of cheating......until this week:(
I'm now struggling with it...i know it's not physical hunger but i just want to stuff my face with anything i can find. I made DH a big chocolate cake on tuesday and i just want to dive in and indulge....normally if i have these feelings i imerse myself in something else and it soon goes away but i have felt like this all week now.
I have just managed to fit into a size 12 pair of my favourite jeans...yet not even that is helping my situation.
I know i have lost a lot of weight and i look 'normal' again but i just want to get this last stone off to feel like i have reached my goal.
Am i sub conciously sabotaging my own efforts? what has come over me?
I don't even feel slim, i am just a few pounds heavier than what i was when i got married and looking at my wedding pics i look very slim, yet i don't feel it now....i still feel like a heffa!!

Please if anyone has been in this situation, please respond

xx

Hi YummyMummy

I know exactly how you feel... I have about 18lbs to go now and really struggling... perhaps we can help each other out??

OH Yummy mummy, I am in awe of your continued focused weightloss. I wish I can be like you and stay strong this time. I too have felt the naughty hand of temptation shove me from behind into cake etc.Looking back I know it was me sabotaging my efforts. Because no-one was noticing my loss I thought oh well what the hell, might as weel it it etc. I now know this weightloss is about me and me only nit seeking approval all the time from others.
I hope you stay strong and realise that what you have achieved so far is massive and to stop now or risk it all will make you unhappy again.
Good luck and stay away from the cake........:D

Hi Yummymummy,

Am i sub conciously sabotaging my own efforts? what has come over me?

Have to say my chatter box went like this as well and bit by bit it eroded my will power and I gave in to it.:cry:

I was thinking of making a video of myself now when I have my sensible head on and say in it... that as I reach my goal I will become weak and that my chatter box will do everything to make me break my diet and prevent me from reaching my goal... to be aware of this and not to let it happen as I don't like carrying around extra weight and it is so not worth it.

I could get husband to play it to me at these times when I feel weak, as I know I would find it difficult as my chatter box is set on sabotage.

I heard someone on television say they were thinking of doing this before entering rehab and I thought that it was a good idea.:rolleyes:

If at any stage you feel it is no good and you feel you have to break your diet, I would try and do the refeed properly...I really do feel this is key to avoiding regaining weight as far as I can see from others who have been successful in maintaining.

I don't even feel slim, i am just a few pounds heavier than what i was when i got married and looking at my wedding pics i look very slim, yet i don't feel it now....i still feel like a heffa!!

It really does seem to take the head a long time to catch up with the body...

I have just managed to fit into a size 12 pair of my favourite jeans...yet not even that is helping my situation.

Congratulations and well done!!!:happy096:

Mini took the words right out of my typing fingers, your head does take longer to catch up with your body.

Hey all, thanks for your replies it's very much appreciated.
I have to admit that i held out until 4pm and then made a concious decision to eat. I had some toast, chocolate and a bit of DH's kebab!! Not the most healthiest of options but hey!!

I think i really needed to do it in order to satify my desire to eat. This morning i am back on ss and feeling much better about it all. I wore my size 12 jeans today whilst out shopping!!! Hurray!!!
There's no way i'm blowing it now just for the sake of a few more weeks(hopefully). I'm glad i did eat though, i think it would have consumed my every thought if i hadn't.
The food didn't even taste that great anyway!!

Weigh in tomorrow...still think i have lost weight.
Thanks to all who pm'd me. (((hugs)))

Back