Help - need syns for tonights meal out

amyd

Hi all,

I started SW a few weeks ago and have been lurking around this forum since then!

I was hoping that someone could help me work out the syns for tonights tea. I'm going to a pub and I usually get chicken with stilton and leek sauce with mash and veges.

But I'm trying to SW it - so thought I'd have new potatoes instead but I'm wondering what the syns are for the stilton and leek sauce - like per dessert spoon full?

I've looked on the SW website and in the book and can't find anything.

Or I could have peppercorn sauce or gravy instead - does anyone have the syns for those? Which do you think would be best?

Would only want to go for peppercorn sauce or gravy IF the syns were MUCH lower than stilton and leek sauce as I really enjoy that.

Oh and I also need the syns for cauliflower cheese please.

Should I count any syns for the chicken, new potatoes and rest of vege?

I'm doing the extra easy plan.

Many thanks!

Amy

Hi, i would go for the gravy. on the SW site toby carvery gravey comes out at 1 syn for 100ml. I would ask for it in a jug so you can limit how much you use.

If you did want to go for the stilton and leek sauce (i imagine would be very high in syns) maybe you could flexi syn your day.

I think the chicken (depending how it is cooked) and veggies would be free, but the mash may also have syns! (again on SW website 100g of Toby Carvery mash is one syn).
I know you didnt say wich pub you were going to but toby carvery is probably the closest thing you will find!

Have a nice meal. x

Thanks for that - I had the gravy as I wasn't sure on the syns for the sauces and thought they could potentially totally blow all my syns for a few days!

Also had new potatoes instead of mash - were really nice too!

I just need to figure out the syns for the cauliflower cheese now - can't find any syns for pub servings of it. any ideas? Just trying to think which pubs sell cauliflower cheese?? Checked both Harvester and Tobi carvery and it wasn't listed for either of them.

Hey

Ooh I might try Toby cavery again if mash and gravy are only 1 syn per 100ml/100g that's not bad at all. Don't suppose u know syn value for a Yorkshire pud? X

Thanks for that - I had the gravy as I wasn't sure on the syns for the sauces and thought they could potentially totally blow all my syns for a few days!

Also had new potatoes instead of mash - were really nice too!

I just need to figure out the syns for the cauliflower cheese now - can't find any syns for pub servings of it. any ideas? Just trying to think which pubs sell cauliflower cheese?? Checked both Harvester and Tobi carvery and it wasn't listed for either of them.

Well done on choosing new potatoes insted of mash! :)

im not sure to be honset, if you cant find any info for pub servings, then maybe go on supermarket syns for cauliflower cheese! It may not be accurate but its better than not counting it at all! x

Back