Help needed for syn value of this dish!

dudette2001uk

I will be a Princess!
Hi there!

I fancy trying the following recipe, and I hope someone can help me out with the syn value:

Ham and Leek Cannelloni

8771_80.jpg

Serves: 4 portions

Ingredients
  • 3 leeks
  • 85 g of your favourite ham
  • 12 cannelloni tubes
  • 0.5 pint vegetable stock
  • 120 g Philadelphia Light with Garlic & Herbs
  • 1 onion diced
  • 1 tin tomatoes
  • 56 g Parmesan Cheese
  • Green salad to serve
Instructions
Heat the oven to 180C. Slice the leeks thinly and simmer for 5 mins in the stock. When softening lift from the stock with a slotted spoon and reserve the stock. Mix the leeks with the philly and ham and season to taste.
Stuff each cannellini tube with some Philly mixture and lay in an oven proof dish. Heat a frying pan and sauté the onions in a drizzle of oil. Add the tomatoes and the stock and simmer for 10 mins. Season to taste.
Pour the tomatoes over the cannellini and top with grated parmesan. Cook in the oven for 20 mins until the pasta is soft and cooked through.

By my reckoning it's 8 syns for the Philadelphia light, and 2 x HexA (or 1/2 a HexA per serving), making it 2 syns plus half a HexA per serving. Is this correct?

Sian xxx

Don`t know the syns i`m afraid but that looks gorgeous :)

Oooooooooh don`t tempt me lolol ... i`m trying to stick to the basics to start with until i get my head round it all .... the temptation just to "nom nom nom" is still so great in this one Luke ;) lololol .... I find myself drooling over photo`s of food lmao .... i`m a lost cause aren`t i ? !!!

Lol ... very true. Weigh in for me tomoro ... so i`d rather be drooling over them than stuffing my face and piling on the lbs :)

Mmmm I'm going to have to pinch that one too...
I've got the philly cookbook too so I think I'm going to have to have another look through and SW some of the recipes!

Sis brought me the Philadelphia cook book so will look through it now.

That recipe looks good.

Made an adapted version of this last night as I was on a green day...

Made the tomato sauce with red onion, carrot, passatta, balsamic vinegar and seasoning. Cooked out for 20mins then blitzed into a smooth sauce.

I fried off a large leek, along with some sliced mushrooms until they were soft. Then mixed this into 114g Philly light with garlic & herb (HEXB for 2 portions)

I then cooked some lasagne sheets for about 6 mins (didn't have any canneloni tubes), then spread some of the mushroom and leek onto each lasagne sheet and rolled up into a tube. I used 6 lasagne sheets between 2 of us.

I placed these into an ovenproof dish, topped with the tomato sauce, then topped with HEXA combo of RF cheddar and pecorino - before cooking it for 20mins.

Was really really good - and hubby loved it too!
Ham would have been delish in it too but I guess if you did this on a EE day you would be more restricted in terms of HEXs so would carry a syn value as per dudette's calculations...

Back