Extra Easy Katsu Curry

JennyD87

Hello Everyone....i'm fairly new to my slimming world journey and thought i'd post some recipes as i try them! I've tried adapting what i used to eat into SW friendly versions and heres my katsu curry recipe. I've calculated it at 1 syn per serving....

Its not a traditional Katsu where the chicken is usually breaded and fried but i've been eating it in a traditional curry style and it still tastes just as good! You can use your HEX B to breadcrumb the chicken and bake in the oven if you prefer :) Hope you enjoy it!

Serves 2
Ingredients
2 Onions Sliced
5 Garlic Cloves Sliced
2 Carrots Sliced
4 Tsp Curry Powder
4 Tsp Soy Sauce
2 Tsp Honey (2 Syns)
600ml Chicken Stock
1 Bay Leaf
1 Whole Star Anise
1 Tsp Garam Massalla
2 Chicken Breasts Diced
Frylight
Rice to Serve

Method
1) Spray the firelight into a pan and gently fry on a low heat the onions and garlic until soft (approx 10 mins)
2) Add the carrots and fry for a further 12 minutes until soft
3) Add the curry powder and stir constantly for 1 minute
4) Add the Stock and stir through and add the Soy Sauce, Honey, Bay Leaf and Star Anise and mix well
5) Simmer the sauce for 20 minutes, remove the bay leaf and star anise and using a stick blender, blend into a smooth sauce.
6) Add the diced chicken and garam massala and cook for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked
7) Check the seasoning is to your taste and serve with rice

Can I add something instead of honey? Recipe is great and I want to try it but I hate the taste of honey.. I guess sugar isn't a good idea :)

Sounds lovely. Do you mind me asking what brand/type of curry powder do you use? tia

Hello! Sorry for the late reply....I use Waitrose curry powder as it's not too strong!! Xx

Can I add something instead of honey? Recipe is great and I want to try it but I hate the taste of honey.. I guess sugar isn't a good idea :)

Hi Kepox - sorry for the late reply! You can't really taste the honey when it's in but you could substitute for a little sugar or maybe some maple syrup (not sure how many syns) to add the sweetness to it? Xx

Back