Help Needed Please

Hi everyone,

I would be very grateful if you could help me.

I seem to have plateaued with weight loss for a while now and I don't know where I'm going wrong. I was a size 20-22 and now I'm a size 14. I have a sagging stomach which I would love to tone up. I go on my cross trainer for 45 minutes 5 days a week. I have social anxieties and body dysmorphic disorder so find it difficult to attend a gym where there are loads of people.

My legs have lumps/bumps on which I know is cellulite. Can anyone recommend anything which may be able to reduce the appearance of cellulite and slim down my legs? Should I be doing more exercise? What is the best exercise? Will leg exercises help? I need to slim my bum down as well. Was/is anybody else similar to me and, if so, what did you do to tone up/slim down? I eat a banana for breakfast, a jacket potato and fruit for lunch and a bowl of vegetables for tea. Is it because I'm not eating enough? Not execising enough? I feel so deflated and depressed. :(

I drink a lot of coffee and tea but have recently changed this to green tea. My other half says I don't drink enough water. If I drank more, could this help?

Please help me because I'm really, really down and would do anything to be slimmer :(:(:(:cry::cry::cry:

Okay not to worry. There's a couple of things you could do. Someone on the Slimming World forum stayed the same for 4 weeks and then read about the fat burning properties of lemon. She starts the day with hot water and lemon and petty much adds lemon to everything. I followed it too this week and i've lost 3lbs, now i was losing anyway but its double what i usually would. It's also great in Green Tea. Check it out here:http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/276561-not-sure-if-its-helped-but-thought-id-share.html

Also i notice your doing a lot of cardio and no weights? Weights burn fat as well. Although you might notice a gain at first when you really get into them but it will pay off if you add it to your cardio. And definately drink more water. It will flush out your system.

The key thing here is you've done fantastic with your weightloss and should be very proud of yourself. Your an inspiration and i really think if you try a couple of new things the weight will start to shift again. Do you have much more to lose?

Good luck and please let me know how you are getting on :)

You have done great, a size 14, I can't wait till I am a size 14 again! :D

Drink a lot of water and green tea as both helps with cellulite! Also try exfoliating and moisturising, really massaging the cream in as that also helps! As does walking!

To tighten up the skin, do weights and really focus on the areas you want to tone up!

hope this helps xx

Again well done on getting to a size 14 - a great achievement. I think you need to add the weights but also mix up your cv work. Don't always use the cross trainer, use the bike or rower as well - it mixes things up and your body can't predict what comes next. If you only want to use the cross trainer then either use the random programme or interval train on the hill programme - this might help kick start it again. Good luck

In relation to toning up legs and bum the best way to do it is by doing squats. Not nice but is effective . If you're sitting down watching tv and ads come on , get up and start doing them. Stand up from sofa , legs shoulder with apart and push your bum back down as if you're going to sit on the sofa . Then drive legs into the ground, squeeze your bum cheeks and back into standing position.Keep going until the ads finish, I guarantee it that you will feel it in your legs and bum straight away. For cellulite , dry body brushing is probably the best, as it gets rids of impurities. Just remember to always brush towards the heart.

Back