Help needed to start again.

went shopping today and found a great juice. Sainsburys basics range apple and blackcurrent and orange is only a trace of carbs per 100ml, their summer fruits is 0.1 per 100ml. Not bad i thought. I was in the drinks aisle for ages reading through them all.
Had a terrible day today. My 3yr old son wanted to make cakes how hard has it been to not eat one!!! Hubbie is being really really supportive and has joined me. This forum is a god send. What can i do with pork chops and roast beef, any ideas?
Hope you are all doing well. Oh and at what stage can i have the atkins breakfast bars? I need something thats a quick fix rather than having to cook every morning.
Vicky, how you gettin on hun?

Hi Cherl,

Its a nightmare to do any diet when working shifts. I used to do 12 hour nights and days and planning what food to prepare and eat was more tiring than doing the shift itself! ha ha ha

Pork scratchings will be a life saver if you like them. Boiled eggs or make some egg mayo / prawn mayo / tuna mayo in a small container and take some lettuce leaves to wrap it in. If you have a fridge, how about taking some sugar free jelly. Failing all that - take at least 2 good meals with you so you wont get hungry to snack and drink lots of water inbetween to fill youself up.

Your going to laugh at me now, I cant eat cold eggs, mayo makes me sick and im allergic to fish and sea food except tinned tuna! Lol. Im thinking of doing roast beef tomorrow so can take some beef in lettuce and not sure what else. I only ever do 12hr shifts and feel that i need to graze to keep me awake especially on the 1900-0700. I love pork scratching and feel like a gannet eating them while on a diet! Sugar free jelly is great too and ive always been good at drinking lots (at least 2 litres a day). Any other ideas gratefully accepted.

Ah the grazing on night shifts is horrible - especially at 3am (the dead zone i called it). How about some cheese strings and slowly pull them apart to last longer?
It might be worth while having a 'massive' meal at 10pm to see if that stops the grazing and if you do start to get board and feel you need to graze, jump on the internet if you can or read a book (i used to be able to do this as i was a lone worker).
If you take loads of 'nibbles' with you then you will 'nibble' all night. If you only take 2 meals, you'll have nothing else so you cant 'nibble'
Motivation will keep you going - just think of your wedding and that suit you need to get into!

2010bride that sounds lovely.Did you read my reply on your other post? July2010 im sorry but i think you have me confused with someone else......I got married 6yrs ago this july and wore a huge white dress!!!!! Lol.
Cant look at the net or a book as im a paramedic and we are always very busy, i get tired and eat to boost energy levels. I havent done a night duty since being on this diet as ive been off but my hunger levels arent what they used to be, i dont seem to want food. Its great! Im hoping that due to this i wont need to graze through the night at all.
How is everyone else doing? Im loving it, i seem to be loosing 1lb a day. I know i shouldnt weigh myself daily but cant help it, im addicted!

Sorry Cherl, ive got you mixed up with 2010bride. Ive just got back from a 30 wedding anniversary party and when the food came out i though "oh my god, what am i going to eat" but i was very pleased with myself. I took the pork out of the pork pie, had salad, chicken legs and took the tuna & prawn out of the volevents. I also was not that hungry either. Im a scale hopper and im now up to 9lb loss this first week, so that's a big enough incentive to keep going. My sister joined the same time as me and she lasted 6 days but the scales didnt move for her so it evidently didnt suit her. Whenever i start a diet i scale hop as its a comfort for me to see them come down and helps keep me motivated. After a few weeks, ill drop to twice per week.
Oh - i also had a packet of pork scratchings from the bar!

Well done. Its always hard at a party you always want to over indulge but like you said seeing those scales really pushes you to carry on. Its a common fact that most women have problems digesting wheat so im wondering if thats why this works for me. Ive tried every diet going and this seems to be the only one that actually works. I think i read somewhere on here that sometimes in the 1st week your body needs time to adapt so doesnt always show any loss but it will catch up. Dont quote me on that but maybe she should give it another go. Your doing really well though. Skinny minis here we come.

cherl - how was the cheeseburger pie?

Hi Vicky, it was lovely. We really enjoyed it. It was very filling so 1 portion lasted 2 days! Have you made anything delicious lately?

Jims moussaka was my last. going to have the chilli and chorizo bake thing. but cheeseburger pie tonight :)

Let me know what you think. The chilli and chorizo thing sounds lovely. Where did that recipe come from, ive not seen it on here. Dont suppose you have a recipe for soup or casserole do you?

There is a thread somewhere from laura about the soup. The chilli and chorizo bake was from delia :) - its a link in the recipe thread x

Actually got an atkins book today and got the Ni book too, been looking at the recipes in them and wow, i wont be going hungry!
How are you all doing?

Morning :wavey:

I'm fine thanks Cheryl. I'm looking forward to 4 days off. :)

Id booked off fri and sat to go away (we have a touring caravan), had it all booked but we've decided not to go due to the weather. Oh well i think i might havbe to get my butt down the gym and join! Lol

We were going to my Brothers down in Burnham on Sea, he phoned us Saturday morning to say the weather was crap so we stayed at home.

Back