Help needed!

Swifty09

Help! I've been so good for the last 5 days, sticking with SS+ 100%, but today has been a horrible day and all I can think about is eating. :(

Today would have been my mum's 51st birthday. I've been to the crematorium and had a good old cry with my sister, but now i'm at home alone. All I can think about is how I used to deal with days like today - eat lots of crap and drink loads of wine! I know I need to break this habit, but i'm finding it so hard to keep willpower up. :cry:

Sorry to burden other people with that, but I just needed to get it off my chest.

Claire x

I know its hard and cant imagine what you're going through but really try to stay on track and stay positive and do something you enjoy to help-have a bath, look through old photos, read? you're right to come on here for support, its what its for! theres that saying if hunger isn't the problem then food isn't the answer. HTH.

Hi Hun,

Right I know what it feels like as I lost my Mum when she was only 51 five years ago. It doesn't get easier, we just learn to live with the hole that's left. I'm sorry to hear about your mum first of all and it's of course an emotional day for you.

If you turn to food, you're just gonna feel even worse than you do now so it's not a good idea. Hang in there today as you don;t want to regret eating off plan. It's the worst feeling.

You can do this. Go get some magazines or stay on here and read, read, read and read a bit more to get inspired.

Sending you hugs hun xxx

Hope that getting it down on 'paper' will have helped get the feelings out of your head. Sorry you're having a rough day, but believe me it won't be helped by falling headfirst into the fridge. Then you'll still feel sad, and also all sort of other negative emotions that go with eating when you didn't want to. I had a major fall off the wagon yesterday and soooo regret it.

Take your time, be kind to yourself, but allow yourself to feel the feelings not try to eat them to make them go away.

xx

Thank you guys for your helpful words and support, they have really helped. I'm not gonna give in, i'm gonna keep strong. I know it's not hunger, it's just in my head.

Sunshine, sorry to hear about your mum too. Mine actually died 5 years ago(ish) too, and although normally i'm completely fine, it's just days that this that bring it all flooding back.

x

Swifty - not much I can say that hasn't been said, just wanted to send you some hugs and I hope tomorrow is easier for you x

xtwinklex

Back