Help needed!!!

Hey. I'm new here and I'm in desperate need of some advice. I've tried a few diets but I can't seem to stick to them if I have a choice of what I can eat. Could someone give me tips on calorie counting please!
I need to lose 3 stone (42lbs) preferably by July when I go on holiday..thanks :D ..x

Just stick to your calories and it'll come off. Works for me :) What type of advice are you looking for?

Most of us on here use the My Fitness Pal site to log our calories. Makes it so simple cos a lot of calories are on their database already. Also it'll work out how many calories you should be eating a day to lose your goal amount of pounds per week :)

Thankyou!!! I really just need someone to say this is what you can eat and this is what you can't. Also to tell me how many calories a day I should have if I want to lose 2lb a week. I'll definitely have a look at the Fitness Pal site :D ..x

The great thing about this diet is that no one will tell you what you can and can't eat as you can eat absolutely anything as long as it fits in to your calories for the day!

Totally agree- my fitness pal is great for keeping a track of what you've eaten and how many calories you have left. You can use it on your computer or as an app.

You'll soon work out which foods fill you up and are a good use of your calories and which don't. Obviously it's best to try and eat healthily, but you can still have treats.

Good luck.

Yup. The best thing is you can pretty much eat what you want. You obviously want your calories to stretch. So maybe start by allocating calories. 300 breakfast, 400 lunch, 500 dinner, for example. And as you go along, you'll know how much you actually need for each.

And my fitness pal will work out how many calories you should be on. Just put in your height weight and activity level :)

The lowest daily cal limit that My Fitness Pal allows is 1200, and that's 1200 of essentially anything but it's wise to keep an eye on the fat and sugar levels. Sadly no one can magically explain the CC life to you in one easy post! Sign up to MFP run your details then start counting those cals lol. You'll get the hang of it in no time!

The lowest Myfitnesspal will advise you to go is 1200 calories a day as you shouldn't really go below this without consulting a doctor first so you may find that 2lbs will be too much for you to aim for as you only have 3 stone to lose.

Don't quote me on the above as I weighed less than you do at the moment when I started MFP (did a different diet before calorie counting) and am shorter than you so I'm not sure when MFP will stop advising you 2lbs loss a week.

Your first week will probably show a bigger loss so that's always a motivation boost.

Good luck anyway and a 3 stone loss in 6months or thereabouts shouldn't be a problem if you stick to your calories.

Thanks everyone. I'll definitely look into the fitness pal. I'm sure once I get started I'll hat a better understanding of it all :D ..x

Hey catrina - cant add any more to what the others have said so just wanted to wish you good luck!

Its so easy you will be in the swing of it in no time.

BB x

Looks like everyones given lots of good tips :D Definitely check out MyFitnessPal as it means you can lose weight without needing to be a pro mathematician! Good luck! x

Back