1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

help needed

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by scoobysue, 3 January 2014 Social URL.

1. scoobysue

scoobysue Well-Known Member

As some of you may be aware I have treated myself to a new toy (steady ladies ;)) a blender! I am after smoothie recipes. Can't be veggiefied, I am after fruit ones. Any suggestions would be great , thanks.:kissass:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. ellaye

ellaye Well-Known Member

I like using bananas as a base regardless of what flavour combo I choose. It makes it creamy without having to use milk or yogurt. Strawberries, raspberries & blackberries are good together. Mango, pineapple & passion fruit is another. Banana & date. Pear & apple. Melon is nice in the summer. Kiwi & lime. Apple & ginger. Pretty much any fruit you like will work! You can thin it out with water or apple/orange juice if it's too thick.

Is there a particular reason you don't want veggies in there? If it's a matter of flavour, you won't be able to taste a handful of spinach or a piece of cucumber. Beetroot works well in berry smoothies and you can add avocado instead of banana for the creamy texture & healthy fats.

4. scoobysue

ooohh veggies in my smoothies. No can't be having that. Only veg I can eat is either grated carrot cunningly disguised in salad cream or roast carrots smothered in gravy and mint sauce. I know I am a baby but what can I say lol. Thanks for the smoothie ideas. I have been using frozen fruit as I like the fact that I can kid myself its icecream. I have been putting ice in as I am lucky enough to have it made from my fridge and its really good. I will try some fresh soft fruit ones though as I am very partial to a pineapple or 3 ;)

5. Shez__x

Shez__x Well-Known Member

i agree with the banana to make it creamy..
    i also use crushed ice in mine :)

6. scoobysue

I am def trying the banana.

7. lisalu

lisalu Well-Known Member

I love banana and strawberry and apple juice And lots of ice ;)