Help Needed!!

TIGGER41

Hi everyone,

Really need a bit of advice. Sorry for all the information but since starting Cambridge I have been suffering with severe constipation causing really bad bleeding when I actually do manage to go to the toilet. I have been taken 6 fibresure tablets a day.

My question is I know I am not supposed to because of the high sugar content but is there anyone doing CD that has been taking lactulose to help them go the toilet while still managing to stay in ketosis??

Sorry for all the info but if anyone can advise me of what else they are taking. Ive tried most fibre supplements from p husks to fibre 89 and I still have problems. I am now taking two laxitives a week just so I can go.

I am desperate to lose my remaining weight on CD but this problem is making me feel very miserable.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou Leanne xx

Ouch you must be soooo fed up!
I've tried alsorts but find the only thing that works for me Dulcolax. i take 1 tablet 2 a week and that does the trick. Not sure if you are allowed to take it on CD but it works for me & hasn't effected my losses at all. Good luck I do hope you get sorted soon xxx

Oh, you poor thing.
I'm sorry I don't have any advice but just wanted to say hope you get sorted soon.
I'm sure that some wise CDC will be here to help you out soon.
Good luck
Ceri

i was on lipotrim an took dulcolax an the pains i got from it made me stop lipotrim cuz i was so fed up wit the pains...
i took senakot and cuz its all natural u think it wont wotk but it cured me straight away...
gud luk x

have u thought about trying a suppositary, its called microlax and its 72p in chemists, thats y i used as nothing else worked x also where do u buy pyhsillium husks from? x

Hi all thanks for help.

Misheemoo I get them from Holland and Barretts. I might give that suppositary a go and see how I get on.

Thanks again

Leanne xx

Hi Tigger, Sorry to hear about the constipation. I am a continence nurse but new to cd. I would reccomend trying the glycerin suppositories often they are better than microlax as microlax is a liquid it is hard to retain. The glycerin are like little bullets that you insert blunt end first as high up as you can push them. They will soften the faeces and make it easier to pass.
They can be brought over the counter too. Good Luck

I have had to use the glycerol suppositories before, and they are the only thing that works fast and is bearable!

I really feel for you as its so nasty being bunged up like this! Have a chat with your CDC too, to see if she can suggest any preventative tips for you?

Good luck, hun!

Thanks again everyone am going to try the suppositories and hope for the best.

Leanne xx

After the suppositories have done their job see if you can find something which prevents it happening again. I use psyllium husks from my local health food shop, and I have them mixed in with my shakes (there are also capsules available) 2 or 3 times a day (only small amounts) and I have found this to work really well, before, I was in the same situation as you and I know the agony well.

Like they say 'prevention is better than cure' and you definitely want to find something that you can take regularly.

The other thing of course is...are you drinking enough water?

Hope you feel better soon, you have my sympathies :hug99:

So sorry for you!
I did have this problem with the fibresure tablets, but the powder in your water seems to really sort me out!
I put 4 teaspoons in 2 litres of my water.
No more problems with constipation and you would never know that it is in your water!!
Hope this helps!

I had the same problem and used lactulose OK without any problems of kicking me out of ketosis. I also occasionally used the glycerin suppositories (or "bombs" as me and hubby refer to them) and they certainly do work, fairly quickly too lol x x x

Back