HELP!!!!! New member - back from holiday...

tinsel84

...and it looks as though I've put on about a stone!!! I am so shocked and disgusted with myself, I just want to curl up into a ball and cry.

Can this really be right?! I just don't know what to do and all I can think of is going back to work on Monday and everyone thinking how much weight I have put on :(

I know I am new to the forum and this is a bit of a desperate post but please help :(

xxx

Ah hun don't be so hard on yourself! A lot could be water weight and i bet you can have it all off very soon. Don't use this an excuse to give up now -i only say this cos I've done it sooo many times and in turn ended up gaining even more weight-
Just get back in focus, read through the SW website and prepare all your meals, food shopping etc and get ready to shift that stone!

Thanks hun. Its just that before I went, I was the lightest I been on Slimming World and now I have virtually put it all back on? I'm due on this weekend too so I know that won't help but I put my work trousers on and they are definitely much tighter, after being so loose before holiday. Just feel so sad! :( xx

Well i know i can put on half a stone when coming up to totm so i really wouldn't worry too much, are you in a group? Id go along as normal definitely and just get ready to get rid of those pounds!

Don't give up now - If your using your own scales more likely than not they're wrong compared to SW ones. Make sure you go to your WI its so easy to say oh ill go next week and that gives me a chance to get off what ive put on. This is not always the case. Even if you have put on going to WI will give you the incentive to make the effort you put in, harder for the next week. We have all been there and eaten ourselves up with guilt - chin up and look forward not back :)

Please don't be so hard on yourself. I've been doing SW for quite some time and have seen many ups and downs with my fellow SWers as well as myself. I can tell you now that it's perfectly normal to put on 6-10 pounds on holiday and the same at Christmas. We all do it - so you're normal, not a weakling or a failure - you have nothing to be disgusted about at all! Add on a good few pounds for TOTM and that accounts for all of your gain. But please don't lose heart.

What separates the winners and the losers in SW is that the winners take it on the chin and think well I enjoyed that but it's back on plan I go now and I'll soon shift that extra weight. This is the right attitude especially as most of it is temporary bloat anyway and comes off much easier than the first time around - easy on easy off is a mantra I find particularly useful as it's borne out to be so true. The losers think oh I'm such a failure I may as well go and eat a hundredweight of mars bars to make myself feel better. And does it make you feel better? As someone who's done it herself I know it doesn't!

So chin up sweetheart, welcome to the real world where holidays and Christmases and birthdays happen and get in the way of dieting. We ALL gain during these times but that doesn't make you a failure - just HUMAN lol! Wishing you all the very best and let us know how you get on, hugs x

Don't panic! I've not long been back from Mexico and put on 12.5lb making the most of the AI! In my first week back I've already shifted 5.5lb of it - a lot of it will be water! Stay strong and keep going!

For SW to be a success you have to make it a part of your life; like everyone else has said, there will be times where you have a couple of weeks off plan.

IMO holidays are there to enjoy and relax but when you get back, take the gain on the chin and carry on.

Xx

Wow!!! You are all so lovely!! How have I not found this site sooner?! Thank you all for your kind words, inspiration and honesty - I really do appreciate it and its made me resolute...I am going to keep going even though its so tempting to give it all up! As most of you have said - I am going to take it on the chin. No-one died and I know I can lose the weight again - although, I am moving house this coming weekend!!! Going to need all the support I can get :)

xxxx

Dont be to hard on yourself every1 over indulges on holiday. I put nearly half a stone on in 1 week ! If you get straight back on it u will find in the 1st week u will lose a lot of weight as your not eating as much and watching what you eat. Hope u enjoyed ur holiday. Xx

Hope the move goes well - its important that whilst moving you dont forget about YOU though. Its so easy either to skip meals or snack on something, I did it myself when I moved house. Make something up the night before that you could possibly eat cold if not able to cook/microwave and keep some fruit and water handy too.

Texty is so right hun i just moved recently and let myself go completely in every way, i just let stress take over and by not looking after myself actually caused more stressed so be prepared and get your healthy shopping in as soon as you move in-Im ashamed to say i lived on take away most nights for over a week :( delighted I've found SW now though! Keep posting hun and looking on here for inspiration, when my motivation is lagging-nights like tonight when id usually have a big bad munch and a few drinks i real stories on here of how wonderfully people have done and it gets me all excited like my first night all over again!x x

Back