Help, new to sw am I doing this right????

Daffodil

Hi I was hoping someone who knows more than I do about sw could check my food for today to make sure I'm doing it right. I have had a ravenous day today ( get these occasionally I could eat a horse )

breakfast- 3 ryvitas with 3 laughing cow extra light, banana
Snack- mug shot sweet & sour 1% fat
Lunch- chick breast with roast veg,Tom,onion,sweet pot,courgette
Snack- bbanana
tea- chick stir fry with one layer dried egg noodles garli, soya sauce and chilli
Meringue nest from morrisons as had sugar craving!
im bit concerned about my portions I seem to feel fuller now than I did before dieting and worried ill continue like this all week and gain more weight.
Have to have my options hot choc before bed too
Just wondered on thoughts I'm doing EE
thanks xxx

So do I need veg in every meal I have? Think I may have got it now lol, so if I made spag Bol with lean mince but made my own sauce would I need to bulk out with onions mushrooms etc..? I am quite greedy so need to be more aware of portion sizes, would love to know the amount others eat compared to myself!

Sounds like you're doing fine, it's a third super free at every meal if you can but that's tricky sometimes like for breakfast, so try and have fruit after if you have say porridge or bacon, egg, beans or something you can't add super free to in the morning. Does that make sense? And its a brill idea to add stuff into your sauces etc.Oh and don't worry about portion size just eat till your full, trust me the plan works and soon enough you will start to eat smaller portions anyway as your tummy shrinks :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, it takes a bit to get my head around it as I have always done ww in the past but got bored/ sidetracked before I had even lost a stone (I have 4 to lose) fingers crossed for this time as I'm loving the food. Well done with your weight loss, I have been on this site every night for 2 weeks it does help when other people are on the same journey as you x

Sounds like you're doing fine, it's a third super free at every meal if you can but that's tricky sometimes like for breakfast, so try and have fruit after if you have say porridge or bacon, egg, beans or something you can't add super free to in the morning. Does that make sense? And its a brill idea to add stuff into your sauces etc.Oh and don't worry about portion size just eat till your full, trust me the plan works and soon enough you will start to eat smaller portions anyway as your tummy shrinks :)

Just to point out, whilst you're right with it being 1/3 super free with every meal, the suggestion to have fruit after breakfast isn't quite right. The whole point of super free is to to limit the amount of free food you eat-so by eating it after if defeats the object :) with porridge, it's a heb so it's a measured amount therefore you don't HAVE to have 1/3, and with bacon and egg you could have mushrooms or tomatoes maybe? HTH x

I agree with Welshtigger. The point of the superfree is to restrict your portions by taking up a 3rd of the plate. If you're going to eat fruit after then you need to keep a 3rd of your plate empty to account for it, otherwise you're just stuffing down more food for the sake of it.

Yep I agree with the two above too - eating fruit after a meal purely to get sf in just means your eating for the sake of it. I suppose you could eat the fruit before but I think food and portion sizes are a very visual thing so you would probably eat the same amount even then if the sf wasnt actually on the plate with it

I see what you mean yeah but if I have porridge for breakfast I like to have some fruit mid morning as the porridge doesn't keep me full till lunch. And I don't like cooked toms or mushroom so wouldn't have them on my breakfast. Which is why I then have a bit of fruit after my bacon egg and bean, it's working so far dong it like this :)

I also have porridge every day, but I have a good sized banana before my porridge. :)

Back