Help...newbie!

lotty28

Silver Member
Hi,

I am a newbie to SW, converted from WW where I lost 8lb but kept getting very hungry. I usually have my breakfast at 06:30 as up with little girl then before I leave for work. I usually have 42g Bran Flakes (HeB), Banana and Mullerlight Vanilla with chocolate sprinkles. I then wont have dinner till 12 so get really hungry before then. Any ideas what I can have to fill me up, fruit doesn't do much? Was thinking having scrambled egg and baked beans at 9am or is that bad and wont make me lose? Am doing EE plan.

Also do most of you go to group or do on your own? I have been only going to group to get weighed and access to the online bit, feel like wasting my money when could do at home??

Thanks ;o)

lotty28 said:
Hi,

I am a newbie to SW, converted from WW where I lost 8lb but kept getting very hungry. I usually have my breakfast at 06:30 as up with little girl then before I leave for work. I usually have 42g Bran Flakes (HeB), Banana and Mullerlight Vanilla with chocolate sprinkles. I then wont have dinner till 12 so get really hungry before then. Any ideas what I can have to fill me up, fruit doesn't do much? Was thinking having scrambled egg and baked beans at 9am or is that bad and wont make me lose? Am doing EE plan.

Also do most of you go to group or do on your own? I have been only going to group to get weighed and access to the online bit, feel like wasting my money when could do at home??

Thanks ;o)

I'd be hungry if I waited that long before lunch too, sw teaches you to eat when hungry so we don't reach for 'bad' foods so scrambled eggs and beans is fine.. But, if you're doing ee then every meal/snack needs to be a third superfree, so unless your lunch and dinner are more than this I would suggest superfree at 9 too, maybe tinned toms? Really tasty with scrambled eggs.. Or a piece of fruit before you et egg and beans (some people say after but this doesn't really help portion control, unless you actively eat less egg/beans)

X

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it's only 28g of branflakes for a HEB along with a ryvita. :(

What about crunchy bran or puffed wheat as you can have 42g of them. They give a very reasonable size bowl of cereal and add in some banana or soft fruits and would fill you up for longer.

Honestly, there is no reason to be hungry on SW - if you really are hungry and it is not something like boredom or habit, then eat something!

Yes you are right - puffed wheat is 28g but seems like so much more. Sorry for any confusion:)

All Bran is the other cereal you can have 42g

I started on EE (first time on SW) yesterday - and couldn't believe I was eating so much. I made a chicken supreme for 4 last night and syned that out at 7 syns each with loads of superfree mushrooms, sweetcorn and peas in it. Although by the evening, although I had eaten a lot - I was not full. So I wrapped some lettuce in some sliced ham :0)
I think I am going to struggle using my syns everyday, and struggle with the 1/3 superfree every mealtime.
Tonight we are having the SW meatballs..... is the tinned tomatoes counted as the 1/3 superfree?
Lunch (soon) will be myHexB (2 slices of wholemeal) with spagetti in tomatoe sauce.... but where will my 1/3 superfree come from. Can't really have salad with that! I will have another yoghurt and fruit for pud. I take it that it is ok to have 2 or 3 muller lights a day ??

Helen
x

Added some notes below - hope they help

I started on EE (first time on SW) yesterday - and couldn't believe I was eating so much. I made a chicken supreme for 4 last night and syned that out at 7 syns each with loads of superfree mushrooms, sweetcorn and peas in it. Oops - sweetcorn and peas are not superfree I'm afraid

Tonight we are having the SW meatballs..... is the tinned tomatoes counted as the 1/3 superfree? yes chopped tomatoes are superfree

Lunch (soon) will be myHexB (2 slices of wholemeal) with spagetti in tomatoe sauce.... but where will my 1/3 superfree come from. Can't really have salad with that! I will have another yoghurt and fruit for pud. That will be fine but it's better if you can have the superfree before or with your meal as it helps with portion control

I take it that iet is ok to have 2 or 3 muller lights a day ?? I would say no more than 2 - they are 100 calories each and the calories can really mount up if you eat a lot. I have heard of people eating 10 a day - that's 1000 calories just on snacks!

Helen
x

I always struggle with the 1/3 SF, do people add it to meal or use it as snacks in between? I am not a big veg lover. Some people have advised swapping to red/green, which is best the EE or the red/green?

Your superfree food doesn't need to be on the side of the plate. It's really easy to add superfree to dishes and it all counts. So if you're having a bolognese then the tomatoes in the sauce count and you could add mushrooms, carrot and onion. Having a curry? Then add aubgergine, courgette, cauliflower, onions etc

The idea is that the superfree foods help to prevent you overdoing the free foods because there is less room on the plate for them. Having superfree foods in between meals is good but it doesn't stop you stuffing your face with pasta or chicken at mealtimes (if you see what i mean).

There is no best plan - it's what fits best with your lifestyle. If you are a meat lover and not bothered too much about pasta, rice and potatoes then red may suit you. If you don't eat much meat then green may be better. if you like both then EE is probably the way to go. You are still advised to eat superfree foods on green and red days because that makes for a healthy diet

Hello :)
If you're hungry in between meals then snack on free and superfree foods.
The things I usually tend to snack on in between meals are:
-Fruit
-Mullerlight Toffee Yoghurt
-Ham/Chicken Salad
-Slimming World Quiche or Slimming World chips (You can find the recipes for these on the SW website).

Today I also discovered a recipe for syn-free "Doritos" which I'm going to try out later tonight. Here goes..

Ingredients
- 1 box dried lasagne sheets
- Fry Light
- Schwartz Season-All or Chip Spice or any other seasoning

Method
1. Bring a large pan of water to the boil & parboil the lasagne sheets for a few minutes until beginning to soften.

2. Drain the lasagne sheets on kitchen paper. Cut each sheet into two squares, then cut each square corner to corner into four triangles.

3. Spray a large baking tray with Fry Light & lay out the triangles in a single layer. Spray the triangles with Fry Light & sprinkle with seasoning of your choice.

4. Bake in a hot oven (around Gas 8) for 5-10 minutes until crisp & golden brown. Keep an eye on the "Doritos" as once they turn golden brown they will quickly burn.

Good luck :D

Hello :)
If you're hungry in between meals then snack on free and superfree foods.
The things I usually tend to snack on in between meals are:
-Fruit
-Mullerlight Toffee Yoghurt
-Ham/Chicken Salad
-Slimming World Quiche or Slimming World chips (You can find the recipes for these on the SW website).

Today I also discovered a recipe for syn-free "Doritos" which I'm going to try out later tonight. Here goes..

Ingredients
- 1 box dried lasagne sheets
- Fry Light
- Schwartz Season-All or Chip Spice or any other seasoning

Method
1. Bring a large pan of water to the boil & parboil the lasagne sheets for a few minutes until beginning to soften.

2. Drain the lasagne sheets on kitchen paper. Cut each sheet into two squares, then cut each square corner to corner into four triangles.

3. Spray a large baking tray with Fry Light & lay out the triangles in a single layer. Spray the triangles with Fry Light & sprinkle with seasoning of your choice.

4. Bake in a hot oven (around Gas 8) for 5-10 minutes until crisp & golden brown. Keep an eye on the "Doritos" as once they turn golden brown they will quickly burn.

Good luck :D

NOT free - its "food abuse" using a product in a way that it was not intended to be used that leads to the risk of overeating (how many lasagne sheets would you eat as part of a meal - now imagine how many you might get through eating "tortilla chips" as a snack!) Same goes for any crisps you might make out of a potato and frylight in the microwave or oven. You might be able to class it as free if it was served as part of a main meal, with 1/3 superfree on EE etc, but if you are just munching away til your hearts content throughout the day thinking its free, then you've just consumed a heck of a lot of calories in a non filling way, outside of your regular meals.

Its the same principle that leads SW to advise we syn mashed and pureed fruit - its far to easy to overeat in this manner.

Same goes for substituting free foods as synned foods in cooking (eg chickpeas/couscous cakes - they might be free, but when used as substitute for flour they are synned)

This kind of thing has been discussed many times on these forums - try searching for "Free crisps" "lasagne crisps/chips" etc and see how many threads come up!

Back