Help! No LL counsellor!

zombiegirl

One of our group has just had a call from lighter life saying our counsellor no longer works for them and we have to find another, but there isn't another for miles and I don't drive. I have no idea what's going on, everything was fine in class!

Have you received a call or email yet? If not, don't panic yet. But it does sound like your counsellor has done something wrong and has gotten the sack...Perhaps you can get together with other people in your group and arrange a lift to the next closest group. It is pretty poor of the LL management to just expect people to change groups midway through their LL journey. Don't let this derail you. If you must, you can do one of the other similar diets - just don't look at it as an excuse to eat, because that will be letting yourself down as much as LL has let you down.

This happened to me when I did LL back in 2007. I was abroad when I got a text & panicked like crazy. I wasn't able to go to the other consultant they suggested due to the distance & the night it was on so instead swapped to Cambridge. It wasn't ideal but was the best of a bad situation & the products were similar. Maybe something to consider I'd you can't find a LL cllr. I'd be tempted to call head office.

I have checked out slim n save and local Cambridge counsellors and have also contacted the other LL lady to see when the groups are though they are at least an hour to hour and a half bus ride away and don't start till 7:30 so that's probably not going to work. In any case I am not giving up as I have come way too far.
It looks as though it may not be as bad as I feared as there seems to have been some sort of mix up at head office and with any luck my classes will continue. To take a positive, I dealt with this without diving into the fridge!

And also you realised how important it was to you to carry on going. You know you have willpower when not being on a vlcd is the worst thought!

Did you manage to find a solution?

Yes thanks. I have moved over to Cambridge, and apart from having to adjust to 3 packs instead of 4 it is going ok.

Back