Help please - exercising and CD/LL??

lisajo

After hearing about my friends 9 ½ stone loss on CD I am tempted to start CD or LL....lack of funds currently means that I can't -so meanwhile I am currently doing WW which is working - but slowly...First a bit of background on me.
I have always been overweight for as long as I can remember. I managed to avoid any form of exercise (bar horseriding - poor horse!) for years. In 2002 (at 19 st 10lbs)I started swimming...then, a few weeks later I joined a gym at the leisure centre - you would have laughed at me nearly falling off the treadmill at 2.5mph LOL... gradually…I found I loved exercise (only took me 26 years!) I carried on with the gym and classes and lost weight. This made me want to eat more healthily and I lost more weight (about 2 stone altogether with no diet) then with help of WW I lost another 2 1/2 stone.
Last Jan I started running. I had never ran since one time I remember at school lol rest of my class nearly fainted. I had a plan to do the race for life in May. I wanted to run it all. I did - and lost another 1 1/5 stone from the training.So 6 stone in total lost. All through hard work and determination.
Then I met my OH last year and a social life commenced - thus I have put on over a stone in the last year.
I still exercise loads – I am out every morning running with my dog doing about 3-4k at a time (still cant quite believe that!) or I cycle it (but run at least 3 times a week) and I also go to the gym in the evening after work 3-4 times a week. I have one day off exercise a week and have managed to get exercise into one of the week end days (either cycling in peak district or running). My OH now joins in!
So my problem is this (will get there eventually...sorry for the babble but feel its relevant) - I feel for the amount of exercise I am doing I should be losing more than a pound a week on WW points (24) so I am considering CD or LL short term to help me get back on track but I am concerned that if I cant exercise for a number of weeks I will lose the fitness I have gained to date. I know nothing really about CD/LL only that if I start on Sole source I would be on 410cals which surely would not be healthy with me burning between 500 and 1500cals a day.
Is there a version I can do with exercise??
Or if anyone else can help with a solution to my snail- pace –sometimes- stagnant weight loss I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks guys
Lisa

Hi Lisa

Bit of trouble reading that - but got the gist!

On CD SS+ you are on 600 cals a day. We also do a 810 plan which may suit you better, which is 3cambridge meals plus a meal of protein (chicken/fish/cottage cheese) with either salad or veg plus 200ml skimmed milk per day.

cambridge six steps to losing weight()

Ive Been Doing Ss+ For The Last 6 Weeks And Ive Exercised Right Throughas I Was Already Doing My Routine Before I Started Cd(1 Hr On Treadmill,half Hr Toning 5 Days A Week And 2 60 Minute Boxercise Classes Per Week).the Only Thing I Will Tell You Is That Just Take It Easy For The First Couple Of Days And Then You Should Have No Problem,well I Havent Anyway,so I Reckon That You Should Go For It,your Body Will Tell You When Its Had Enough So Just Listen To It And You Will Be Fine,
Good Luck With Whenever You Decide To Start Hun,
Elaine X

Thanks Elaine - appreciate the feedback from someone who is doing what I aim to do and knowing it still works. am worried my body will slip into starvation mode and start storing everything!

Back