help please if possible

metrognome

is getting better at it
hello all and a good sunday to you.

i have a problem, i take my lunch to work everyday and its in a tupperware box but its getting to the stage where all i can taste is plastic :( and i dont know what to do to get rid of the taste
any ideas would be good please :)
thanks

Afternoon! Is it a new box? If so i would say lots of washing/ soak in very hot water with some lemon juise may do the trick. My bf does this with his water bottles for cycling. Worth a try! Good luck!

my mum just got these new tupperware things that are kinda glass with a plastic top.i think she bought them in asda.they are great cause i know what you mean about tupperware taste.

thanks,
no i have had them for a while
i will have to have a look in asda for the glass ones
thanks

Im glad you posted this question Hun, as mine are the plastic ones from Asda and all I can taste is dishwasher liquid on mine!!
Might be worth soaking them in really hot water and lemon juice though.

try linning the box with tinfoil.

I use Tesco Klipfresh , never ever taste plastic of them, wash in the dishwasher on the top shelf and they are on sale at the minute :D

I'd got with the tin foil lining idea or even clingfilm at least until it loses that newish plasticy smell. Unless of course it's an old box, in which case it's time for a spring clean!

Have you tried wrapping your sarnies in foil or cling film before putting in your box - also it could just be the hot weather, the plastic could be re-acting to the hot temperature's we have been having lately, it may be alright again once the weather gets cooler.

I have a glass box with a lid that I take to work. Other times I just plate up and cover with tinfoil.

Mix 2 Tbsp of baking soda, 2 Tbsp lemon juice, and 1/4 cup water. Make into a paste and rub your plastic box with this as a coating.
Leave this sit in your plastic box for 10 minutes. Rinse and dry. Also place a box of baking soda open in the cupboard that you have your plastic ware in . works a treat xx

Back